Hi! I registered just so I could post this. I weaned off of Cymbalta in July and according to my dr., my symptoms were "very severe". But I made it. I've never experienced illegal drugs but from what I've read, it seems very similar to a narcotics withdrawal. For me, anyway.
It lasted the entire month of July. The brain zaps were the worst. I overheated all the time. I was seriously confused at time -- I didn't know where I was, I was afraid to drive. I'd constantly break down and have either anxiety attacks or serious bouts of depression. BUT ... there's hope! Here's what helped me ...
1. Drinking TONS of water.
2. SLEEP. Your body recovers in your sleep.
3. Eating healthy ... basically, your body is angry with you. So try to put as many good things into it as possible.
4. Move slowly. Sounds weird, but I got so many more "zaps" when I was walking quickly or turning my head.
5. If you have a great support system, use them. I relied heavily on my family during that time.
6. Don't give up. Tell yourself that your life will be better once you get through this.
Good Luck, Everyone!