Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 09-05-2011, 07:05 AM   #1  
smexin' it up ♥

S/C/G: 123.4/116.4/80

Height: 180cm

Cool September Chat!

Thought I might get this started ^^

After feeling depressed at fat at the end of last month, I feel I've been going good in September! I've lost 2.8kgs so far (yeah yeah water weight i know, let me have my victories dammit :P), and joined a fitness site (fitocracy) which has really gotten me motivated to actually exercise, which is uber important for me - i need exercise for happy endorphins and proper sleepage!

Marie~ I hope your re-plastering went ok ^^

Aunty Jam ~ Sorry, but i lolled your finger splint! "Oh, I'm not giving you the finger, really, the doctor just splint it that way!!"
summershine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 07:46 AM   #2  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Summershine - thanks for starting the Sept. chat! and belated Happy Birthday ...and I lol'd at your fist pump..double fist pump..un-fist pump

marie - so sorry you are going to be plaster-bound for so long!

Aunty Jam - you go ahead and use that splint when it is needed

Hello to everyone else!

I'm still good...because it's still the 6 months of the year that I can function well. Trying not to dread November - April.

Oh jeez..I got stopped for speeding AGAIN the other day. But was given a warning!! I am scared straight ladies, no more speeding for me.

I have off today, and I already vacuumed about 5 pounds of dog hair last night, so that was a good start. Laundry, clean the kitchen, any other indoor chores because it is a drippy rainy day (as if Vermont needs any more rain!)

Hope everyone is relatively good. I read in another thread that our Chubbykins went to the hospital for not feeling right but everything checked out ok.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 09:26 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 208/141/120

Height: 5ft 4inch

hey everyone hows it going?

i had my plaster taken of today... yay.... its going back on next week though...booo! iv spent all day at the fracture clinic having xrays and CT scans iv really messed it up this time hey ho it will mend i guess

I had the worst pain attack last night the first one in ages it was awful all the stress of my daughter starting high school and the worry that brings just took its toll on me and by 10pm i was in a right state. my daughter on the other hand was great she loves the new school. parenting is sooo stress full!

anyway hope everyone is ok
xxx
marie81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 12:15 PM   #4  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

Hey all...

Marie - Deep breaths, deep breaths... sorry, I know what you mean. My step daughter graduated last year and is doing her up grading now before college and I'm left wondering what happened to the 5 year old I met all those years ago.

Summer - Thanks for starting a new thread.. and in my humble opinion a victory is a victory, take them where you can get them!

Vermont - Now that you've gotten the dog hair out of your house want to come do mine? We must have at least that. Turned on a floor fan last night and it was like the tumbleweeds in an old western movie. Oh... and quit speeding you! How fast were you going?

I hope Chubby is ok

I still have my splint on... Doctor says now that it was likely dislocated or hyper extended since there are no breaks and most of the pain is in the joints. Still hurts quite a bit if I try to move the joints sideways at all. I don't plan on wearing this much longer.

My moods are the same... up and down, and up and down... bleh! My husband came in yesterday and said "Why am I so depressed? I don't even want to work on my truck!". Unfortunately I didn't have any answers for him since I was feeling the same way. I think though it's likely because of the dog situation... our puppy got kennel cough and we were faced with the prospect of having to wait until friday to take him to the vet. I was on the phone with him telling him the boy has to go to a vet and soon! And he said "What do you want me to do about it?" and maybe I shouldn't have but I said "You know what I want you to do..." He said "Goodbye" and hung up (we don't hang up on each other). I found out later that he went out and tried to pawn his much loved golf clubs but they wouldn't take them (wrong season). Anyway... our neighbors offered to foot the bill for the vet until friday... they're an older couple in their 70's that have known my family since before I was born. Our boy gave their border collie puppy kennel cough (shared fence, they often sniff each other through the gaps) and they had her to the vet the same day so when she asked when our appointment for our boy was hubby told her he had to wait and the Mrs wouldn't hear of it. I am very very greatful to them, my boy was back to demanding we throw a ball for him just hours after his first antibiotics.

**SIGH** Sorry! I really didn't mean to rant about this but I don't feel like deleting it after getting it all typed out.

Last edited by Aunty Jam; 09-07-2011 at 12:16 PM.
Aunty Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:16 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

sounds like everyones been in the waars

Im not feeling to good atm iv had really bad pain with endimitriosis stuff and im not feeling good mentally everything seems to be getting to me latley and im sick of friends taking the p1 ss out of me i do so much for people and they throw it bk in my face by treating me bad

Hope your all ok sorry for the rant
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:25 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 282/282/145

Height: 5' 5''

Sorry to hear of others having difficulties this month. I have a new resolve this month so I'm feeling happy. Well, happy is a relative term. I'm not totally depressed. I'm a visual learner so I'm trying to picture myself looking a certain way everytime I try to eat too much and remember that's the goal. It's been pretty good at making me put away that second helping (or third, whichever the case may be). Here's to everyone struggling and hoping things will be better tomorrow!
ThinkinThin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:26 PM   #7  
Biker Chick!

marie - so sorry about the plaster having to be back on..and for your stress about daughter's school. But as you said she is good with it, so I hope that relieves you some!

Aunty Jam - shame about the pup's kennel cough! that was really nice of the neighbor's to help out, very nice folks. And sorry about the argument with DH. I'd be happy to vacuum your place, at least it would be a change of scenery and diff dog hair, lol. I know about tumbleweeds!! Oh..about the speeding, I am ashamed to say that I was going 44 in a 25 zone. As I said I am scared straight!!! Haven't gone more than 5 over the limit since then. Hopefully that's acceptable!

ems - honey, since we 'met' here, that was the FIRST time I've seen that you've had ever had anything but positive messages to us...I noticed that about you right from the start! so don't apologize for not feeling well, kiddo! So very sorry that you're in pain from the endometriosis, that sounds terrible. And poo to the 'friends' who are not treating you well !!! if it helps do you want to tell us about that?

Last edited by VermontMom; 09-08-2011 at 08:29 PM.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:28 PM   #8  
Biker Chick!

Hi ThinkinTHin, we posted just a minute apart
Old 09-09-2011, 09:10 AM   #9  

cheers girls i feel abit better today i had abit of a breakdown yesterday i went crazy and shouting and screaming at my bf and the poor sod must of thought i was nuts lol I then burst out crying iv just been stressed with exams and family stuff and then friends messing me about im good to them and they treat me bad for instance my oldest friend recently had a baby i bought the baby loads and iv seen her a few times since she had him and everythings been fine. THEN WHEN IT WAS MY BIRTHDAY IN JULY she text me on my birthday wishign me happy birthday and never said she werent coming to my party, well she never turned up and she never mesaged or rang to say so and since then i have not heard a htings from her i think she feels bad i gave it 3 weeks and i text her saying i hope your ok i havent heard from u since my birthday and that wa son the 18th aug i still have not heard a thing and it has really upset me i have been good to her and she is treating me like this i know she is ok cus her brother is on my friends on another site and he has mentioed her and the baby so i dont know whats going on but its upset me that she can do this to me. XXX
Old 09-09-2011, 08:03 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 155.2/ 133.1 /110

Height: 5'2

Just had started up therapy again. Have moved, thus new therapist. My first impression was good.
IsabellaOlivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:12 AM   #11  
Biker Chick!

IsabellaOlivia, glad you had a good first impression of the new therapist

ems, I am sorry your friend let you down like that! something lke that is hard to get over, I know.

Hello to everyone else I'm still doing good.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:23 PM   #12  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

Hi Ladies...

Ems - I'm sorry to hear about your friend Maybe she's going through post-partum (sp?) depression? Just a thought.

Vermont - You were really moving! That probably would have been one heck of a ticket, I'm glad you were scared straight.

My husband actually vacuumed the upstairs! I complained about the floors a few days ago so he went out and fixed the vacuum then came in and gave it to me. I almost decked him! I didn't vacuum then a day or two later I made another comment and he actually went and did it on his own! Plus he says he's going to have a talk with his daughter about her helping out more and not taking things like food and a roof over her head for granted. I know it's what parents do (even step parents), but she complains so much about helping out... poor her had to put 3 loads of dishes through the dishwasher (we were really behind) and she was complaining again I snapped at her something about I paid for the water, soap, dishwasher and the food stuck on the plates so suck it up. So last night she actually said "Thanks for dinner!". It's a small thing but it's a start. Is it fair for me to feel taken advantage of sometimes? I love her like she's mine but seriously! Since she's turned 18 she's been talking about being an adult, sometimes I feel like saying "Yep, your an adult, start paying bills" but she's in school part time (self taught distance learning with structure) and we want her to worry about that... not bills. Seriously.. life is pretty good for her right now, she works on school an hour or two a day, works part time at the mall and the rest of her time is free and besides her phone bill all of her money is hers. Holy crap I just called home because I forgot to give the older dog his meds this morning and I woke her up!!!!!! It's 10:22 here! Yeesh.

Aaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! End rant.
Aunty Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 11:42 PM   #13  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Wink Hey everyone :)

Hi everyone,

I think I'll take the plunge and dive right into this post (if thats okay!)

Things with me are so-so, I am getting a medical procedure next week. I'm not looking forward to it but it should hopefully help me out tremendously so I AM looking forward to that! I maintained my weight at the doc which is okay I guess, I mean being that I haven't been trying that hard to lose, stress-eating and all. It's hard for me to be active right now with plantar fasciitis in my feet and knee and back issues. Plus I was feeling faint and had breathing issues too, sigh. Hopefully things are getting better...

I posted in weight loss support about all the different weight loss methods I've done so now I'm at a crossroads, not really sure where to turn next.

Hope you are all well,

take care!
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 12:35 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 253/253/140

Height: 5ft 6

Red face Hi I'm new to 3FC this week :D

I've suffered the effects of clinical depression & eating disorders for over 30 years. My life has been a roller coaster of high highs & low lows. Not because I'm bipolar, or anything like that, but because of what cards life has dealt me. Whenever it hits, generally, it has been as a result of overloads of stress, over long periods of time.

I have finally managed to find my way out of the deep dark hole, that I've been existing in, for the last 5 years. I am off the meds & no longer in therapy. That said, I now feel like I'm teetering on the edge, without the aid of a safety net. It's a scary place to be .... also, I have the physical baggage, all 92 pounds of it, to get rid of, & that scares the s**t out of me too.

On a good note, this is only week two, & hopefully, I've got you all, for support ...

Don't cry over the past, it's gone. Don't stress about the future, it hasn't arrived. Live in the present and make it beautiful.
Gissy1810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 01:41 PM   #15  

cheers girls still no sign or sight of my friend i think she is feeling bad because she didnt turn up at my party she has done a similar thing before and we didnt speak for 3 years but bk then i was in aterrible state of mind and didnt bother to text her but this time i did and i have give her a chance and still nothing