Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 03-07-2011, 03:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 185/185/140

Height: 5'6

Default Getting Depressed and upset with myself...

Ive been trying so hard to watch what I eat and Try to work out everyday, either going for walks or playing dancing games on the wii but somedays (not very often) I just feel blah, I dont feel like i'm losing anything, I actually feel like Im gaining weight, I can feel it in my clothes they actually feel tighter, Im getting really depressed and dont know what to do DAMN IT I should be losing weight, NOT GAINING!!!! Im not expecting a miraculous weight loss in a month but Im just so frustrated, Do any of you have any suggestions to get me going in the right direction? I see all your stories and and look at your weight loss tickers and I so Want that to be me, I want to be a success story!!! :/
HartzGirl2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 03:37 PM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Mind posting what you are eating? Like a day's meal plan? That might help (also if you know how many calories that'd also help).

What are you doing for exercise? Are you drinking enough water?
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 03:44 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 185/185/140

Height: 5'6

I drink alot of water, Sometimes Ill drink a couple energy drinks But for breakfast, Usually toast( except on weekends Husband like to make a big breakfast) and coffee and lunch I make a wrap with a couple slices of deli meat and alot of veggies Dinners always consist of a meat or fish, starch and a veggie, I dont know my exact calorie intake :/ Snack always varies Sometimes chips and salsa sometimes something sweet But I dont over do it :/ Im just really discouraged
HartzGirl2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 03:50 PM   #4  
Starting over

S/C/G: 367/314/187

Maybe it's just water weight?
Miss_Donna30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 05:51 PM   #5  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I'd look into tracking everything. You might be eating more than you realize if you aren't tracking specific portions. It's hard to judge just how much you are eating if you don't track portion sizes.

Chips can have a lot of sodium and easily can toss in a couple hundred calories if you aren't careful with them (chips are my vice). And energy drinks can be full of sugar.

Also how many cups veggies, how much of your starch? How many oz of protein?

Sorry to bug you but specifics help.

Like this:
B: 3 egg omelette with half cup tomatoes, half cup peppers, half cup onions.

L: 1.5 cups salad, 6 oz grilled chicken breast, 1/2 oz cheddar cheese, 2 tbsp ranch dressing, 1/2 cup tomato, 1/4 cup red onion

D: 5 oz grilled steak, 1.5 cups steamed asparagus

Portion control is very important- I use sparkpeople.com to track my food intake and I weigh and measure everything I eat.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote