Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 03-17-2011, 08:22 PM   #31  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

ems81, congrats!!

mom - you're right, that's what men do, don't they! I guess they think we're asking for their help, when sometimes what we want is a little sympathy or indulgence, just a simple 'I'm sorry you feel like that'.

Aunty Jam - I'm glad your hubster is taking your ultimatum seriously. I guess contract work is something, even if sporadic. Its sad to think about breaking up, and who gets the doggies!

Last edited by VermontMom; 03-17-2011 at 08:30 PM.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 08:38 AM   #32  
Biker Chick!

just a quick hi, and hope our newer people feel comfortable enough to talk to us here, it does help!!

~~~29 days until I'm out of the yuck winter job!~~~
Old 03-18-2011, 11:30 PM   #33  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

TGIF!!

DF and I took a nap after work tonight. It was about 80 degrees here today and we opened the windows. It was really nice. We had sushi for dinner when we got up. I had a pretty good week. Work was pretty smooth and not too stressful but I'm still glad I'm off tomorrow. I know we are going to go out for breakfast but then df is going target practicing with his friends so I will probably just do some house cleaning. I am perfectly fine with that. I can't wait to just have some alone time.

I hope this weekend looks up for everybody.
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 08:01 PM   #34  

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone,

Sorry I haven't been around at all. So nice to see the little group growing. This is such a great little corner.
I'm doing so-so. My youngest got a job so I get to be a taxi for her. So with everyones schedule I'm just going day by day.
Hubby and I have had one session of marriage counseling and go back for number 2 on monday. One thing got cleared up, he kept maintaining that what happened wasn't an affair as it was non sexual, thankfully the counselor told him that emotional affairs can be worse than the sexual varieties. That stopped that argument. Right now we are suppose to be working on trust, but, my goodness this just feels like a waste of time to me.
So I'm still in a darkish place, but at least its brighter outside and the snow is slowly starting to melt. I hope it melts slowly as we have so much this year!!

I better go and get dinner started. I just wanted to pop in and say Hi and let you all know I think of you often.

Take care,
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 01:43 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 208/141/120

Height: 5ft 4inch

Hi everyone, can I join your chat, im feeling pretty rubbish at the moment and could do with chatting to people that understand depression rather then telling me to pull it to together (i will kill my husband if he tells me that one more time)
@buddly I am considering marriage counseling, do you find its worth doing or is it to early to tell? please let me know what you think.

Hope everyone else is doing well

M xx
marie81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 02:26 PM   #36  

Hi Marie and welcome!
Its to early to see what marriage counseling will do, but I do know just regular counseling for me has been a big help. I'm ready to walk out of this marriage, but my hubby suggested and asked we do this and since my counselor offered to set us up I figured why not. We've been married over 24 years so I figured I could try. But I'll keep you posted. Have you tried individual counseling? Thankfully my hubby has always tried to be very understanding about my depression and has only ever suggested I go shopping or something just to get out of the house. I am so glad spring is finally arriving that will be a big help on the moods and thinking.

Take care,
K
Old 03-20-2011, 03:25 PM   #37  

Im the same honey I have been ready to walk for a while now, we have been together for 10 years now but only married for 3years. I think he adds to the depression as I feel so trapped and cant walk out because of our children.
I am waiting for an appointment for therapy and CBT, my Doc said that I should go to marriage counseling so that if there is massive problems its better to get them out. my husband doesnt understand and when I try and talk to him about us splitting up he says its the depression but its not i am getting better with meds, i realize its him. Last night he tried to convince me I was feeling down, when in truth I just didnt want to be around him. its just so unhealthy.
Thanks for the kind welcome

M xx
Old 03-20-2011, 09:43 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

So I am a little worried...Since wed I have been just tired...Want to go to bed early so I figured it was some lack of sleep well this last half of the week it hasn't been the case. I went to bed at 11 last night and up at 8 and I was falling asleep driving today... I am chalking it up to the bad quality food with working out! HOPE I am right..but like its not even 10 and I have soooo much stuff to do yet I want to just sleep.....UGHH
momof4under5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 09:08 AM   #39  
Biker Chick!

first , Hello to Marie and of course you're welcome to join in here, you see we all just pop in when we can to say hi or to get some support

and hi buddly!! I've wondered what the marriage situation was doing with you...you deserve props for going to counseling and trying!! very glad the counselor set the husband straight on that one matter.

momof4, gosh be careful, that is scary, falling asleep while driving!

hi to everyone else.

not much here, more snow is expected today and i just want it over! But I don't feel too bad overall. I stlll can't believe that the scale says I'm 'only' 5 pounds up (to 160 from 155) cause I feel so big all over. I am just holding on to the fact that when I'm out of the winter job (24 days now) and have some time off, at least i wont' be eating a big cookie or two every day, and whatever else.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:10 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

Thanks holly hope your well?

Hope everyone else is ok? i had an episode yesterday and was really anxious and in a foul mood my bf kept telling me to calm down as i was having road rage lol

Iv been having councelling and it really helps so i would recommend it x
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 10:22 AM   #41  

Hope your having a better day today ems.

Thanks Vermotmom for the welcome

My depression is so bad today I didnt go to work, i got a message at 7am from a friend that really upset me (he wasnt trying to it just did) so that sparked me staying in bed, it 2pm now and all i have done is have a bath and drink tea and chain smoke, not even put the TV on just sat on the sofa. my daughters will be home from school in am hour so I am trying to put on the smilly mummy face but im finding it so hard today. im going to throw myself into some house work for the next hour to try and forget all the messy thinks going though my head, just got to find the will to get off the sofa.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:05 PM   #42  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

Hey Marie of course you can join us... I'd like to say the more the merrier but that would be a little tongue in cheek wouldn't it. Ah well. Good luck with the smiley mummy face.

Buddly - Having heard the storey I'm actually surprised to hear you guys are trying to make it work. It's totally up to you but I think I would kick him to the curb. Givin my situation that may be the pot calling the kettle black... mine never cheated but the whole money thing isn't much better.

Vermont - I know the feeling... my scale hasn't really gone up either but I feel so big

Mom - Be careful!

Hope - Send some of that weather this way please... we're still full of snow up here.

I finally bit the bullet and made an appointment with my doctor, I was lucky and got in today because I told them I was sick. I still have serious sinus pain and I'm coughing like crazy. It might be hard for her to take the depression serious since it's not the main reason for my visit... but I am feeling better now. I have to bring it up though... a 3 month deep depression is not normal when you're on meds. I almost never miss a dose. I'm also having problems with my auto-immune thing... I've been getting hives since before Christmas... I don't think it's depression linked, that's just the same amount of time I've been getting sick and I get hives then.

Other then that not much has changed.... we're still thinking of adopting that dog. I wish I hadn't contacted the foster home though... because now they're expecting the application. If we don't put it in for a while they'll be wondering why it took so long

Last edited by Aunty Jam; 03-21-2011 at 12:06 PM.
Aunty Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 05:35 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

cheers marie im feeling better today thanks

Marie i hope you feel better soon try keep your spirits up hope thigns get better soon for you xxx
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 11:18 AM   #44  

Good morning!
Mom, be careful, hopefully its just your body readjusting.

aunty jam, I know what you mean and I was the same way until it all happened. But as you know walking out is easier said than done especially when our girls are still all at home etc.

Marie I hope you are feeling a little better today. I had a horrible anxiety attack last night, I haven't had one in so long it was hard to deal with.

Vermont I hear you on being done with winter. I was talking to a friend who lives in the lower mainland and she was telling me about her crocus' being in bloom, mine are still under four feet of snow! A little north of us got another dump the other day, I am so done.

ems I'm glad you are feeling better.

Had our second marriage counseling session yesterday. I really don't know. The fact that he didn't have a full blown relationship with that thing helps, but I'm not feeling much of a future here as I honestly don't think I'll be able to get over some things. And last night my 20 yr old was a little beyond tipsy and she was saying that she is glad we are trying to work things out, but if it was her in my place she couldn't. I found that very interesting. sorry for rambling. I have to go and head out.

Take care everyone and I hope you have a great day.
K
Old 03-22-2011, 11:42 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

Budlly-yeah I hope thats it...I really think its what I not eating....idk

Aunty-hope the appt went well! I hope she takes the depression seriously

Marie-Sorry your struggling with bad depression..I am hoping once it gets nice that mine gets better. I really feel WORSE with yucky weather

Vermont-atlest you wont have a bunch of extra weight to lose!!! YA!

buddly-I hope the counseling works

Hi to everyone else!!

I really wish I knew how to fix myself. I DONT want on medicine again but I am doing horrible on my own. Like the gym makes it better but when I get under stress cause things pile up on me then I lose all patience and treat the kids HORRIBLY....I am just not nice when they bother me. I HATE being like that. They didn't cause my stress they don't deserve me to take it out on them. I need to figure out something to make sure I get everything done I have to get done. Woman alllll across AMERICA do it every day WHY CANT I?? Well I am soooo behind on scanning in the boys school work and I need new material so I have to scan it in so I am probably missing the gym because this really is more important...Its their education...and every night im like Im going to get everything scanned in and by that point I am sooo exhausted to do anything. I really only get angry with myself when I dont get everything done that I need to and get angry with my kids....You know I sat and watched a show this morning but when I woke up I woke up focused and ready but that didnt pan out...WHY...ahhhhhhh I feel like I have no self control (meaning I cant control myself and make myself do what I need to)
momof4under5 is offline   Reply With Quote