Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 07:40 AM   #1  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Default January Chat

Hey momof4, I started a new one I'm so glad your day ended better, by going to a movie by yourself and then walking into a clean and uncluttered house! and looking forward to the vid. I will hope that you get both the membership and the BL call!

hopeforme, hey good friend thoughts going out to you especially today, if you need them. I start out my day so well, then it goes to ****

hey to everyone else. I'm doing much better, I always need to remind myself that when I'm feeling really bad, it usually gets better in a day or two.
Old 01-03-2011, 02:38 PM   #2  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

Hey everyone... sorry for my long absence, I just popped in to say Hi. I've been really sick with a bad flu and some infections, saw a dr yesterday and got some antibiotics, just waiting for them to kick in. I'm not going to like what the scale has to say but it's my own darn fault.

Ever see a 9 year old get super excited because she got stationary, stamps and an address book for Christmas? Too funny. The biodegradable pen was a big hit also, she's such an earth child.

Take care... I'm going to catch a nap.
Old 01-03-2011, 02:54 PM   #3  

Height: 5'6"

Hi Everyone
Just popping in to say Hi and Happy New Year!!

Take care all,
K
Old 01-03-2011, 05:04 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 206/138.4/130

Height: 5'9

Hello there everyone.
I'm pretty new to 3FC in general, but this is a place I need to be. I've been struggling w/depression, well as long as I can remember. Anxiety/panic attacks for the better part of a decade, and let's just say i have extreme issues w/food. I maintained a rather lowish for my height through all of my twenties (well after losing a good deal at age 20 that is. and my foray into disordered eating that followed) until well about this time last year I had an EXTREME gain (like 90 lbs in well, and i am not kidding b/c who in the world would....about 7 months. i lost a bunch in 3, regained half. here i now am).

So I'm possibly the most depressed and disgusted w/myself i've ever been. I want to change that, and I don't want it to be just by losing weight, I want to work on other things too. So that's a little ramble on about myself, sorry just figured I'd kinda address a bit of where i am in my first post to this.

So here's to 2011 (hey its a prime number! i'm a geek) and best of luck to all of us.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:56 PM   #5  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Well, as you may have guessed from my post yesterday I was in no mood to go to work today. I thought I may have a panic attack or at least burst out crying. But I got up and put one foot in front of the other and today wasn't so bad. I had some pretty easy calls at work today and the food wasn't too bad. Thanks for all your support and well wishes.

Welcome Dissonance. Nice to meet you. I've gained 30 lbs in about 4-5 months. I feel your pain. I was praying I could get my pants on today. I did although they wouldn't button. I had a sweater on that covered the top however. Not fun. Maybe we can get back on track together.

Aunty Jam, it's good to see you again. I'm sorry you have been sick. So many people I know are. I hope the meds kick in soon. Have you been working anyway?

Buddly, I've been wondering about you. Did your holidays go ok?

Vermont, thanks for getting the thread started. Thanks for the good thoughts, they must have worked. I was doing the same thing you said, trying to remember that my really bad times usually get better in a couple of days. That was the most hopeless I'd felt in a while. I hate that. I feel like I had brought it on myself with so much overeating, no exercise, and working too much. How was your day?
Old 01-04-2011, 07:15 AM   #6  
Biker Chick!

Welcome dissonance!! please know that this is such a great place to come to, when you feel awful AND when you feel good.

hope, I had a pretty good day and I'm glad my long-distance good thoughts can maybe help you

I have to work on something though. Do any of you do this - think of a possible scenario that probably isn't even going to happen, but get all worked up about it and end up in a crappy mood? I can easily out of habit do that every morning on the way to work, I anticipate 'possible' stupid things that a co-worker or the boss might say, then I think about how I would respond, and get all angry for no reason! It is such a negative thing to do. I know I need to stop myself right away from that train of thought.

I still am good at working out every day, just need to not have one of the huge cookies at work each afternoon.
to everyone!!
Old 01-04-2011, 01:01 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/155/115

Hello Ladies..

Just popping in to say hello.... Its been awhile since I've been on. Really haven't had a lot of time in the last few months to actually get on since my schedule changed and I started working nights again... or should I just say started working again

Getting back into the diet and exercise part of my life again. Along with changing some other stuff that needs to change.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:27 PM   #8  
Biker Chick!

hey Purefire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! great to see you here again
Old 01-05-2011, 05:15 PM   #9  
smexin' it up ♥

S/C/G: 123.4/116.4/80

Height: 180cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by VermontMom View Post
I have to work on something though. Do any of you do this - think of a possible scenario that probably isn't even going to happen, but get all worked up about it and end up in a crappy mood? I can easily out of habit do that every morning on the way to work, I anticipate 'possible' stupid things that a co-worker or the boss might say, then I think about how I would respond, and get all angry for no reason! It is such a negative thing to do. I know I need to stop myself right away from that train of thought.
This. Every single day. Everyday >.< I know when I'm doing it I get carried away, but I still do it, and half the time end up bursting into tears >_>

I know I need to go back onto my meds, and I know that they help, and I know that the sleeplessness and nauseousness is worth it, but I just can't bring myself to do it. 'Cause no matter how much it helps, it doesn't solve my problem completely, and I'm still in a craptacular situation, so hey, what's the point? Yeah i know that's a silly reason, but will i go and get my script filled? noooooooooo. I will however stay in bed all day to avoid sending out forms I should've done a month ago.

So yes, that makes my monthly post, see you all in feb
Old 01-05-2011, 05:39 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone! Things are going okay for me. I have a job interview for a daycare position on Tuesday at 1pm, so wish me luck. I'm looking to move out of my parents' home by December 2011. I want to be on my own.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:47 PM   #11  
smexin' it up ♥

Good luck!

take me with you !! I'm looking to move out as soon as I know if/where I've gotten into a university course (which is in 10 days or a month), so hopefully we'll both be on our own soon enough
Old 01-06-2011, 08:30 AM   #12  
Biker Chick!

best wishes on the interview, FoodObsessed!

Summershine - 'craptacular' - for a sad word, it makes me laugh but I'm sorry you're in a craptacular situation. Do you need us to nag you to send out your forms?

I'm doing better also. Maybe it's the extra .5 minute of daylight we get now, since the solstice. I'm trying to remember to use my Happy Light, though its hard because things got switched aorund in our living room and I can't easily plug it in where I used to. Got literature from the Verilux company that says people report great things using their Happy Light while working out, also. Of course they want to tout using their product....but I will try that too.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:05 PM   #13  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

Hey everyone... welcome to all our new people.

Vermont - Does one thing just lead to another in your head? Is it racing thoughts that simply come one after another and you can't really stop them? I described this to my doctor and she put me on resperidal, it helps to slow things down. It might be worth mentioning to your doctor.

Hope - Today is my first day back to work... but between Christmas and New Years I was in a tiny Saskatchewan town about 650km from home cleaning out my 98 year old grandmothers house. Lots of memories, trinkets, history and junk (people from her era save and reuse EVERYTHING). So I wasn't exactly resting while I was sick either. I think 650km is a little over 400 miles.

I've discovered I have to register by March 31 for the upgrading I would need to go back ot school... it's full time so I'd have to quit or get laid off. It's bumped up my decision timeline hughly so I'm just slightly stressed. I'm not sure if it's that or the antibiotics but something is really upsetting my stomach!
Old 01-06-2011, 11:15 PM   #14  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

It was a rough day at work, not so much for me but for some coworkers. An entire division of our company is being let go. They say that division isn't profitable so they are letting it go. Ironically, that was one of the jobs I interviewed for. If I had gotten that position instead I would be out of a job right now and right back feeling hopeless. I am so thankful tonight and so sorry for the others.

I've done better on eating since Monday. I'm grateful for that too.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:06 AM   #15  
smexin' it up ♥

Hehe, craptacular is a great word Thanks for the offer of nagging, vermontmom, but I think Ill be ok.

Now, I feel a lil' out-of-line saying this, but tonight i've already typed up about 5 posts which i never actually posted, for fear of being wrong/sounding weird, so I feel the need to impart some well meaning but probably unhelpful advice.

*bops AuntyJam on the nose with a rolled-up newspaper*

Bad AuntyJam! No! Naughty! I absolutely insist, nay, demand you take that 'failed' Christmas goal out of your sig this instant! It's 2011 dear, quit living in the past already
Closed Thread