Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2002, 08:47 AM   #1  

Talking Just Another Manic MONDAY!

Good morning everybody!

Up bright and early today,,,teaching CPR...and one and two and three

Hope you all had a good weekend...mine was busy and scattered and me and the girls fell into bed last night at 8 pm together and went to sleep! Felt good and was the smartest thing I had done in a long time.

Gonna be a busy week this week. I am orientating to the ICN (nursery) tomorrow and then work and evening Thurdsay and then I am away at my scrapping retreat weekend....so much to do to get ready.

Anyhow I better go if I am gonna beat the traffic.

Have a great day and hope to hear from lots of you.

I sure wish that more people would join us here...there are so many views and so few responses I wonder why....maybe they are worried we will think they are depressed or something

Bye for now you crazies!

Eliz
Old 11-04-2002, 11:06 AM   #2  

Liz - that is what I thought at first. I didn't know if I should try to chime in or not. Glad I did though. You guys are a hoot!

I don't check in on the weekends. I am too cheap to have internet at home. I have cable access at work so I have gotten pretty spoiled with the speed here. I just have to wait for down times to check the site.

My weekend was pretty slow just the way I like it. My hubby was home and we took it easy. Just kind of dabbled with things here and there. I did get headaches each day though. I don't know if it was from the Paxil or the weather front that was pushing through. All I know is all I wanted to do was sleep. I had to push myself even to take a shower. (do worry I did!)
Old 11-04-2002, 11:18 AM   #3  

Hi,
I usually post on the low carb forum and I've been kind of depressed lately about a problem, so thought I'd look around here.

I wanted to let you know Liz, that I've wondered the same thing about people looking but not posting. On the other thread I post on, there are hundreds of people looking, but only a handful posting. Makes me wonder sometimes, what's the deal?

Hey, I use to be an RN. I always wanted to work in ob. I admire you working in the ICN, that would be so hard, demanding and also rewarding.

So, thought I'd at least post, instead of just view. Take care you guys, Nikki
Old 11-04-2002, 11:51 AM   #4  

Talking I'm here, I'm here

Morning ladies and germs.

Up bright and @#&*%# early as well. Did the aerobics at 5 am and now am at work with my tummy full of iced mocha

Weekend was very nice relaxing and productive. I did some yardwork, went to church, did a little shopping, did laundry, relaxed, took a nap and played on the computer. I cooked a couple of great dishes. One was a roasted vegetable dish that I was test driving for possible Thanksgiving side dish. Sweet Potato, butternut squash, yukon gold potatos, red bell peppers, onions all roasted in the oven in a olive oil and balsamic vinegar marinade.. seasoned with rosemary and thyme. My, it was good. For Thanksgiving, I am thinking of adding a second squash to the mix and some green peppers for color. I also made Thai Shrimp with lemon grass and spinach over rice noodles. Nice and spicy.

Lizzy, perhaps some people think clinical depression is contagious. I think a lot of people look at the boards and don't post because they suspect they might be suffering from the disease but aren't quite ready to see a doctor to find out for sure. :: armchair diagnosis of course :: Of course, maybe they just like watching us on the nutty board for entertainment

Kem, I have a regular dial up connection at home, but have several DS3 lines at work. It is smokin' fast here. I am spoiled by the speeds as well and get mad at home that it is so slow by comparison.

Nikki, glad you de-lurked. It didn't hurt much , did it? Of course, Leens isn't here yet and we know she sometimes bites people.. 'specially when she is hungry

Hope everyone else checks in and says Howdy Do.
Old 11-04-2002, 12:56 PM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, I lurk and she's never bitten me!
Old 11-04-2002, 01:05 PM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Finally I'm Here Had to wait for the boss to leave

Hey do you thing maybe we are a scary bunch and thats why people don't come here ?

Depression is very hard to admit to yourself, but talking to others about it is even harder and I think thats why people do not post. I'm living proof of that.

Linny stop talking about food, cause yes I will bite !! especially today, I'm fasting (spiritual reasons) <-- had to put that in or I'll get a million emails saying you shouldn't fast. Don't worry I drink liquids...No not pina coladas mmmmmm.

Ruthie, I haven't bitten you because you run to fast !!

Talk to you later.

Love, Leenie

Lurkers.... huggs and kisses to you !!
Old 11-04-2002, 02:02 PM   #7  

Here I sit cause I can't go too far from the bathroom. R is home today and he took me out for breakfast. Yes, I splurged and had everything I've been wanting for ages! Hashbrowns, eggs and sausage links! Well, guess what happens to me when I eat a large meal on a empty tummy. Yup! I'm not constipated

Anyway, we had a nice weekend. Yesterday was our annual Turkey Dinner at church and it was a huge success! I hope it brought in a lot of money as the workers really put in a lot of effort. Man oh man, you should have seen the pies! All 70 of them!

That's all the news from Wisconsin!
Old 11-04-2002, 02:38 PM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Cakes and Pies.... you guys are killing me

Tippy, eating greasy food on an empty stomach would give me the squirts too.... cornbeef & hash mmmmmmm.

Speaking of food....what kind of spices do you all use when making an apple pie... ? I'm not a nutmeg fan, is there anything else other than the usual, allspice, lemon, vanilla, cinnamon (thanks Linny)... I had a piece of apple pie not long ago and it tasted great, but didn't know what the spice was ? Could it have been allspice ?

TANKS for your help
Old 11-04-2002, 03:06 PM   #9  

Default Strength

Someone just put out full sized Reese's Peanut butter cups in the admin office two offices away... give me strength!
Old 11-04-2002, 03:12 PM   #10  

HANG IN THERE LINDA!! What kind of rude person would do that? lol
Old 11-04-2002, 03:20 PM   #11  

Leenie, I use quite a bit of cinnamon with a dash of nutmeg. I think about a teaspoon. And sugar, lots of sugar! Also, just a quick swipe of salt is good too.
Old 11-04-2002, 03:24 PM   #12  

I have no idea... but this is cruel cruel cruel!! I mean.. that is the one candy I would expect to NOT be brought into the office. I mean, would you give away Reese's?
Old 11-04-2002, 03:55 PM   #13  

Well, I've never been here before. I usually just stay on that one thread. But sometimes I put my head up and look around. Thought I'd give a reason why some people just look and don't post.

Glad I didn't get bit.

For apple pie, I usually leave out the nutmeg, add 1 tsp. of cinnamon and a pinch of ground cloves. It adds a little something different.
Closed Thread