3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Depression and Weight Issues

Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Depression Forum Bio's

Old 08-21-2009, 08:10 PM   #376

S/C/G: 151/143/125

Height: 5ft 5"

Smile Me!

DATE: 22nd August 2009

USERNAME/REAL NAME: SpinyNorma

BIRTHDAY: 2nd March

MARITAL STATUS: Single

CHILDREN/AGES: -

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Movies, reading, nature, shopping!

PETS: 1 dog

TOP WEIGHT: 150lbs

CURRENT WEIGHT: 147lbs

GOAL WEIGHT: 125lbs

HEIGHT: 5ft 5

EYE COLOR: Brown

HAIR COLOR: Dark Brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Ireland

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: My binge-eating (& my tendency to restrict food-intake after binges which inevitably leads to more bingeing!)

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: As I have depression, I have just started to realise how my binge-eating is really adding to my burden. I want to get healthy and focus on managing my depression and improving my body image. I'm really focusing on forcing myself to continue with healthy eating immediately after bingeing (rather than trying to skip meals to compensate). It's pretty tough as I'm an all-or-nothing mentality type of girl!

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I have severe treatment-resistant clinical depression and have been on meds for the past 13yrs. I often channel any negative emotions into food as, when i'm really down, it's the only thing I know which makes me feel happy for a moment. Craziness aside, I'm an outgoing, talkative and open person.
SpinyNorma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 03:13 AM   #377
Onederland - Gotcha

S/C/G: 252/180/178

Height: 5'9"

DATE: 8-22-09

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Hydra, Deanna

BIRTHDAY: October 13th

MARITAL STATUS: Living with partner

CHILDREN/AGES: son 19, granddaughter 9 1/2 months

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: reading, writing, jewelry making, painting

PETS: cat, Loki

TOP WEIGHT: 252

CURRENT WEIGHT: 251

GOAL WEIGHT: 180

HEIGHT: 5'8"

HAIR COLOR: Dark Blond

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: USA, Ohio

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I take medication that increases my appetite and slows my metabolism.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I feel very stable in mood and I feel very spiritual as of late. I feel that my mind and spirit are stable and comfortable. I feel that it is time to bring my body to a healthy place as well.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I have bipolar disorder and I tend toward mania much more than depression. I have been in treatment for almost 20 years. I take lexapro and lithium with good results and minimal side effects. I live with my boyfriend who also has bipolar. He is type 2 and I am type 1.

Last edited by Hydra : 11-03-2009 at 10:53 PM. Reason: change goal weight
Hydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:23 AM   #378

S/C/G: 190/181/160

Height: 5 ft 7 in

DATE: 8/27/09

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Fallon

BIRTHDAY:10/29/83

MARITAL STATUS: married

SPOUSE’S NAME: Steven

CHILDREN/AGES: Blake 6 , Alyssa 5 , Logan 2 1/2

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading , Fishing , camping , my horse

PETS: 3 dogs (Dahlia Pembroke , Katie Border Collie , Little Anne Min Pin ) , Cat Molly , Horse Missy , 2 fish

TOP WEIGHT: 197

CURRENT WEIGHT: 171

GOAL WEIGHT: not sure yet

HEIGHT: 5ft 7 in

EYE COLOR: blue

HAIR COLOR: brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION:northwest colorado

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS:I stress out over little stuff then I eat

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL:I want to do it I cant stand these numbers on the scale anymore

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? Diagnosed at 18 as bipolar but never got treatment . But I finally decided it was time to get some help.

One for every 5lbs !!!
fld20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 01:27 PM   #379
Onederland - Gotcha

S/C/G: 252/180/178

Height: 5'9"

DATE: 8/29/09

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Hydra, Deanna

BIRTHDAY:10/13/64

MARITAL STATUS: shacking up

SPOUSE’S NAME: Pete

CHILDREN/AGES: son who is almost 20 and granddaughter who is 10 months old

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: writing, reading, jewelry making, painting, mental health research

PETS: male cat, Loki

TOP WEIGHT: 252

CURRENT WEIGHT: 239.5

HEIGHT: 5ft 8 in

EYE COLOR: brown

HAIR COLOR: dark blonde

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: usa, ohio

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: the weight gaining medications I am on and portion control.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I have thrown myself full force into getting healthy, my mind and spirit are well, now I need my body to be well.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I have bipolar type 1 and was dx'd over 16 years ago. I tend toward mania and I work hard to manage my moods and behavior. I am happy with my life.

Last edited by Hydra : 08-29-2009 at 01:30 PM. Reason: i made a mistake filling out the form, lol
Hydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 01:27 PM   #380

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Ari89GT, Arielle

BIRTHDAY:03/18/1989

MARITAL STATUS: engaged

SPOUSE’S NAME: Wes

CHILDREN/AGES: 1 son - 8 months.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: photography, taking care of my son, nature, decorating & housework, (Strange I know - but I love keeping it clean plus it's good exercise.) going to college, surfing the web, travel.

PETS: none right now.

TOP WEIGHT: 170

CURRENT WEIGHT: 145

GOAL WEIGHT: 115-120 & toned!

HEIGHT: 5ft 6 in

EYE COLOR: blue

HAIR COLOR: blonde, soon to be platinum!

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Illinois - Yawn!

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I am on medications that cause weight gain, almost uncontrolable 'munchies'. I hate not being able to control my eating.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I can't take living unhapily with myself anymore.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I have depression, anxiety, Chron's Disease. I am doing my best to keep healthy - my future depends on it.
Ari89GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:51 PM   #381
Buddha Shaped

S/C/G: 307/307/199

Height: 5'3"

DATE: October 1, 2009

USERNAME/REAL NAME: DuckyChick/Heather

BIRTHDAY: April 27

SPOUSE’S NAME: N/A

CHILDREN/AGES: N/A

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: yoga, reading, writing, travel, walking, sleeping, TV.

PETS: two kitties, Charlotte and Elsie

TOP WEIGHT: 273 (January 2008)

CURRENT WEIGHT: 258

GOAL WEIGHT: Right now? 5 pounds. Then 10%, then 199.

HEIGHT: 5'2"

EYE COLOR: Grey

HAIR COLOR: Dark ash blonde

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Waaaaay Upstate New York

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Binge eating, depression, lack of control of what food comes into the house, Crohn's disease, EXCUSES

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm trying to address the real UNDERLYING issues that I've had with food my entire life, rather than just dealing with the symptoms

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I'm having a tough time right now, emotionally, which is what started me back on this journey again. I usually try to be upbeat, but that hasn't been so easy lately -- dealing with serious physical AND emotional issues. It's hard for me to reach out and ask for help, so you may hear me trying to downplay how I'm feeling. I'm trying to break that habit, so I hope you'll all bear with me!
DuckyChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:14 PM   #382

S/C/G: 212/179/140

Height: 5'2

DATE: 10/06/09

USERNAME/REAL NAME: taytay/Tara

BIRTHDAY: 3/6

MARITAL STATUS: single

SPOUSE’S NAME: mr. non-existant

CHILDREN/AGES: Riley he is 6

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: reading, cooking, dancing, skating, hair & makeup

PETS:

TOP WEIGHT: 198

CURRENT WEIGHT: 170

GOAL WEIGHT: 130

HEIGHT: 5'2

EYE COLOR: green

HAIR COLOR: brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Florida

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Self sabotage, like I keep the weigh on purpose, subconciously.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I want the man who broke my heart twice to drool over me as I walk right over him. LOL that is true too but, I really want to control the source of personal heartbreak for years once and for all, and make him die of regret!

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I recently had a breakdown that reopened old scars and issues and I dont want to be that girl who hates herself anymore.

Last edited by taytay : 10-06-2009 at 12:18 PM.
taytay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:14 AM   #383
I've only just begun! :)

S/C/G: 338/Ticker/180

Height: 5' 10"

DATE: Oct 8, 2009

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Havisham/Joanna

BIRTHDAY: Nov 19, 1969

MARITAL STATUS: Married

CHILDREN/AGES: Richard, 18, David 10.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Movies, reading.

PETS: None

TOP WEIGHT: 320

CURRENT WEIGHT: 300

HEIGHT: 5ft 10in

EYE COLOR: Blue/Grey

HAIR COLOR: This month it's red/blonde/brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Near Toronto, Ontario

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Portion control, for sure....and chocolate. Finding the energy to start making a good, healthy dinner when I've been at work all day, and not resorting to pizza to shut the kids up.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I've had severe, treatment resistant depression for almost 20 years (diagnosed), and I'm finally stable on my meds (touch wood) so I'm hoping I can start to make some small baby steps towards this goal.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I'm a vibrant, outgoing person (on the outside) and people are often shocked that I'm depressed. I detest exercise - except swimming. My husband works overseas and is only home a few weeks a year, so I'm on my own with the kids most of the time.
Havisham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 05:19 PM   #384

Height: 5'5"

DATE: 10-13-09

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Baby Kitty

BIRTHDAY: 10-3-62

MARITAL STATUS: Married. Sorta

SPOUSE’S NAME: Sharon

CHILDREN/AGES: the four legged variety

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: World of Warcraft

PETS: 4 cats and a dog

TOP WEIGHT: 225

CURRENT WEIGHT: 214

GOAL WEIGHT: 145

HEIGHT: 5'5"

HAIR COLOR: Blonde in a bottle

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Texas

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I have a sweet tooth!

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I've discovered the Atkins diet, which is working great for me. No hunger!
BabyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 12:46 AM   #385

S/C/G: 127/127/105

Height: 5'1

First name: Claire

Geographical location: Canada

Marital Status: In a long-term relationship

Children/Ages: None

Pets: none...yet! i reeeeally want a bulldog.

Hobbies/Interests: reading, crafting, walking, eating

Height: 5'1

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: i started this time october 19, 2009...but i've tried a bunch of times this past year...

Starting Weight: 127

Present Weight: 127

Goal Weight: 105

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: it takes me about a month of diet and exercise to lose a single pound which can be really disheartening.usually after a month of being really motivated and putting in lots of hard work, i give up. i have problems with overeating/emotional eating.

Following any specific plan: i started the fat smash diet on october 19, 2009.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: i really really want this. i'm sick of being uncomfortable in my own skin.and i think what's truly different is that i've joined 3fc! i've been on here and posting (mainly in featherweights and fat smash forum) for a couple weeks and it's really helped to keep me on track more than i ever thought it would.

Anything else you would like to share with us: i'm really excited to be here and meet you all!
jiggles77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 01:09 AM   #386

S/C/G: 210/210/160

Height: 5'2

DATE:10.26.09

USERNAME/REAL NAME: JennaBug/Jenna.

BIRTHDAY: 8.16

MARITAL STATUS: Married

SPOUSE’S NAME: Steve

CHILDREN/AGES: Ava just turned 2 and Caleb is almost 3 months old.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Being with my children, reading, decorating, cleaning, playing with my dogs, watching football and hockey, spending time with my husband.

PETS: 2 boxers, Lola and Roxy and a kitty cat Lea.

TOP WEIGHT: 216 pregnancy.

CURRENT WEIGHT: Not sure...hovering anywhere between 204 and 210.

GOAL WEIGHT: I would be happy to be 170, and THRILLED to be 140.

HEIGHT: 5'1...eek.

EYE COLOR: Brown.

HAIR COLOR: Dark brown.

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Pittsburgh, Pa.

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Portion control, late night eating. I have a lot of problems sleeping (even without crying babies) and I tend to eat at night.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I can't stand the way I feel in my body. It makes me sick to see what the fat has done to me. I need to do this for my kids, I need to do this for me. I'm fed up.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I was just recently diagnosed with an extremely underactive thyroid, so now I'm on synthroid. I have major panic/anxiety problems and take xanax for that, and I'm on zoloft for depression. I can honestly say that the reason for my panic attacks and depression is my weight. If I were thin...when I was thin, I never had these issues and I think if I lost weight, I wouldn't need the medicine anymore.

DON'T FORGET TO JOIN US ON THE DAILY THREAD AFTER POSTING YOUR BIO... THANK YOU !!
Old 12-11-2009, 12:58 AM   #387

S/C/G: 385/385/230

Height: 6"1

Default My Bio :)

DATE: 12.10.2009

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Kady

BIRTHDAY: Dec.2.1987

CHILDREN/AGES: None

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Shopping.Hanging out with friends.Movies.Reading.

PETS: 2 Dogs 1 Fish

TOP WEIGHT: 385lbs

CURRENT WEIGHT: 378.4lbs

GOAL WEIGHT: 200lbs

HEIGHT: 6ft 1inch

EYE COLOR: Hazel

HAIR COLOR: Dark Brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Chicago

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Every diet I do, I fail. I like to eat junk food when I'm upset. Not going to the gym because I don't like people looking at me.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL? I know that this is it. I want this more than anything! I need this more than everything.
Kady1202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 01:36 PM   #388
Hopeful for the Future

S/C/G: 182/150/150

Height: 5'6"

DATE: 12/16/2009

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Melissa

BIRTHDAY: November 19th

MARITAL STATUS: married

CHILDREN/AGES: None

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, cooking, baking, gardening.

PETS: A chocoloate lab mix named Koko

TOP WEIGHT: 180

CURRENT WEIGHT: 180

GOAL WEIGHT: 150

HEIGHT: 5'6"

EYE COLOR: brown

HAIR COLOR: Brown with blonde highlights

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: North of the Twin Cities, MN

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I tend to binge on sweets.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL? I feel like I'm finally getting control over the other parts of my life and am ready to tackle my weight without the other obstacles getting in my way.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? After getting my undergrad in Spanish, I decided to back to school to get my teaching license. After a year and a half of classes and my student teaching experience, I thought for sure that was what I wanted to do. In August, I thought I had landed my dream job teaching Spanish. It was just too much for me and it landed me in the hospital and in a treatment program for depression. I am moving past that and changing careers and hopefully my life.
msolson81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 08:48 PM   #389
I'm worth it!

S/C/G: 265/250/120

Height: 5'3"

Default Hello!

First name: Kelly

Geographical location: Arizona (USA)

Marital Status: Single, never married

Children/Ages: None

Pets: One kitten, Mia (6 months old)

Hobbies/Interests: Writing, reading, drawing, television, movies, Flylady, Livejournal

Height: 5’3”

Eye/Hair Color: Green/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Jan 5, 2010

Starting Weight: 265

Present Weight: 265

Goal Weight: Ultimately 125-130, but my first goal is to get below 200 lbs.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Depression, compulsive overeating, lack of self-control

Following any specific plan: Not at the moment

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have no idea…I just know it’s try again or give up completely and I don’t have it in me to give up completely.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I started gaining weight back in 1996 after an especially traumatic year. Until then I was thin. I was 106 pounds and taking two, two hour karate classes a week. I was extremely active and could eat anything I wanted because my metabolism was so high, it just burned right off.
Then after my boyfriend committed suicide and I lost several friends to a car accident and a plane crash, I sunk into a SEVERE depression and gained a large amount of weight in a very short time.
Shortly before all this I was diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder and put on meds but we didn’t get the chance to see if the meds worked because of having so many situational triggers.
My depression was completely debilitating for many years. I continued to gain weight and spent many years attempting and failing to lose the weight, which only added to my self-hatred.
I won’t go into detail here but I will just say that I have been in a very, very bad place for a long time, completely overwhelmed by self-hatred. I have absolutely no life, and if things continue with the way they are now, no hope for any kind of future.
But I am not ready to give up yet. So here I am. Trying again. God, help me. LOL
Ophelia31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 05:23 PM   #390
little by little

S/C/G: 207/202/150

Height: Five foot two

DATE: 1/10/2010

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Martina (both)

BIRTHDAY: January 29th

MARITAL STATUS: single, never married

CHILDREN/AGES: None; don't want any, ever

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading,knives, daggars, swords, knitting, Wii, computers

PETSne indoor kitten and 30 outside cats, plus a chihuahua mix

TOP WEIGHT: 212

CURRENT WEIGHT: 209

GOAL WEIGHT: 150

HEIGHT: 5'2

EYE COLOR: blue/hazel (it changes)

HAIR COLOR: black with a small blue streak

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Maxton, NC about an hour's south of Fayetteville/Ft Bragg

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I eat when I am not hungry-- I can eat a whole bag of chips in one sitting and have to retrain myself

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL?health reasons, this forum

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I have borderline personality disorder, dysthymia, and social anxiety

Last edited by Martina : 01-10-2010 at 05:31 PM.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.