HOBBIES/INTERESTS: house design/DIY, my cats, random stuff

PETS: 2 cats, Nosey and Jordan

TOP WEIGHT: 205

CURRENT WEIGHT:185

GOAL WEIGHT:155

HEIGHT:5'8"

EYE COLOR: hazel

HAIR COLOR: copper brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Louisville KY (wish I was back home in Michigan...)

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: resisting all the yummy temptations set before me. If I see it, I eat it.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: determination to overcome new obstacles

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I just like talking to the nice people here.
  • New to this board and forum
    DATE: 1/1/09

USERNAME/REAL NAME: DebbieK/Debbie

BIRTHDAY: 3/8/64

MARITAL STATUS: Single

SPOUSE’S NAME: n/a

CHILDREN/AGES: n/a

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: gardening/landscaping, golfing,baking,sewing,boating w/ friends in the summer, traveling

PETS: Chelsea 4 yr Golden retriever and her buddy Athena 2yr lab/ border collie mix(my roommates dog)

TOP WEIGHT: 200

CURRENT WEIGHT: 200

GOAL WEIGHT: 140

HEIGHT: 5'4"

EYE COLOR: Blue

HAIR COLOR: Strawberry blonde

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Northeast-Saratoga Springs,NY

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: portion control!!! eating when I'm bored

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I don't want to be a blown up version of myself anymore, I want to be able to wak up the stairs at work w/out feeling like I'm out of breath

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I'm a positive,outgoing person who is feeling great inside now w/ Cymbalta.So I want to feel good about my body again. Have a dry sense of humor and like to laugh which helps in my job that can be pretty stressful most days.
    Looking forward to meeting new people on the board who have an idea of how good and bad it can in the world of antidepressants and how to build your life around them for those of us who will be on them forever.
  • DATE: 1/9/09

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Skinny Teen / Brie

BIRTHDAY: December 11

MARITAL STATUS:
    Single

SPOUSE’S NAME: None

CHILDREN/AGES: None

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Anime, video games, internet stuffs, and just random stuff

PETS: My beautiful cockateil, Cricket, and my two cats, Charlie and Savannah

TOP WEIGHT: 155

CURRENT WEIGHT: 151.5

GOAL WEIGHT:

HEIGHT: 5'2

EYE COLOR: Hazel

HAIR COLOR: Brownish-blondeish-reddish-

Student

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Chicago

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Very little motivation

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm determined to lose weight for an anime convention I'm going to

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU?
    I'm not on any medication like I should be because we can't afford it, but I think I'm getting better at controlling myself. Mostly for my bi-polar. Being off my meds have definitely affected how I'm functioning. I've always been heavy, so I don't blame the medication, on or off. Luckily I got my really extreme depression fits out of my system (I hope) in middle school, and I've made some amazing friends when I started high school a few years ago. Nice to meet you all, and I wish you all the best in your depression and weight loss
  • DATE: January 14, 2009

USERNAME/REAL NAME: HollyGolightly (I love Audrey Hepburn). Real name is Stacy

BIRTHDAY: January 29, 1974

MARITAL STATUS: Single (but I have a wonderful boyfriend)

CHILDREN/AGES: None that I know of! Ha!

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, traveling, watching my favourite hockey team...Vancouver Canucks.

PETS: 2 Kitty cats...Sadie and Izzy

TOP WEIGHT: 140

CURRENT WEIGHT: 140

GOAL WEIGHT: 100lbs

HEIGHT: 5'1

HAIR COLOR: Blonde

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Rocky Mountain High...Denver, Colorado

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I'll admit it...I LOVE to eat! I also lead a pretty sedentary lifestlye. I eat whenever I'm bored and whenever I get depressed.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: My weight is effecting my health (both mental and physical) and that isn't acceptable to me. If I want to live a long healthy life, I need to stop putting the exercise and healthy eating on the back burner and do something about it now.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? My confidence and self-esteem are pretty low right now and that kind of scares me. I don't have health insurance so I'm not able to afford the meds I need. I'm currently trying to find a job so I can get health insurance but in this economy, it has been difficult. I know all this makes me sound like a pretty depressing person to be around but I am funny, love to laugh and joke around.
  • DATE: 1.16.09

USERNAME/REAL NAME: jen

BIRTHDAY: October 7th

MARITAL STATUS: married

SPOUSE’S NAME: tom

CHILDREN/AGES: alex (3)

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: drawing & painting (when i have time) playing with Alex

PETS: none

TOP WEIGHT: 238

CURRENT WEIGHT: around 213 (currently in a challenge where i don't weigh myself)

GOAL WEIGHT: about 150

HEIGHT: 5'6

EYE COLOR: brown

HAIR COLOR: brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Ohio, US

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: finding time to exercise, and i LOVE to eat!

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am making more time to work out. Alex is 3 now and I just tell her... mommy needs to use the machine... that's what she calls my elliptical.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I was recently diagnosed as being bi-polar, which i thought i was in college, but never was diagnosed as such. Mostly i have more problems with depression. I guess it only takes one manic episode to be considered bi-polar. lol. I have been doing much better now that i have been on medication.
  • DATE: 1/20/09

USERNAME/REAL NAME: mblizzow/ maegan

BIRTHDAY: 4/9

MARITAL STATUS: someone said terminally single and i liked it as it pertained to me as well

SPOUSE’S NAME: n/a

CHILDREN/AGES: n/a

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: most stuff that involves sitting on my butt. movies, anime, internet, however i do like animals and gardening

PETS: 1 crazy cat

TOP WEIGHT: 335

CURRENT WEIGHT: 333.6

GOAL WEIGHT: 135

HEIGHT: 5 feet 5 inches

EYE COLOR: hazel

HAIR COLOR: auburn

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: washington state

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: lazy, never REALLY worked out regularly before, even though i know i am capable.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: i really want to change.

• DATE: Feb. 1, 2008

USERNAME/REAL NAME: nanatorja

BIRTHDAY: 10/22/1956

MARITAL STATUS: M

SPOUSE’S NAME: Frank

CHILDREN/AGES: Jamie, 36, Melissa, 33, Roxanne, 30

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Read, grandchildren, travel

PETS: none

TOP WEIGHT: 263

CURRENT WEIGHT: 247

GOAL WEIGHT: 190

HEIGHT: 5'8

EYE COLOR: blue

HAIR COLOR: blond wiith grey

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Maryland
    WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: control, I eat to fill the void< medication

• Date: February 25
    Username/real Name: Jen
    Birthday: December 25
    Marital Status: married 6 years
    Spouse’s Name: Jeff
    Children/ages: no way!
    Hobbies/interests: reading, watching movies, playing Rock Band
    Pets: Rose & Chrissy (pure-bred American mutts)
    Top Weight: 225
    Current Weight: 185ish
    Goal Weight: 135
    Height: 5'5"
    Eye Color: green
    Hair Color: blond
    Geographic Location: Texas
    What Is Your Biggest Problem In Weight Loss: I want to eat when I'm sad, and obviously, since I'm in this forum, that's often.
    What Is Different This Time That Will Make You Successful: I joined Weight Watchers and have a great meeting group/leader.
    Anything Else You Would Like People To Know About You? I'm pretty shy so I can't really think of anything else to share. But I really like the dancing carrot.
  • New to this.....HELP!
    DATE: March 3, 2009

USERNAME/REAL NAME: cbrown27

BIRTHDAY: January 17

MARITAL STATUS: single

SPOUSE’S NAME:

CHILDREN/AGES: 1, daughter, 12

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: baseball, lifting weights

PETS:

TOP WEIGHT: 184....now

CURRENT WEIGHT: 184

GOAL WEIGHT: 160

HEIGHT: 5'5''

EYE COLOR:

HAIR COLOR: blonde/brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Kentucky

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: binge eating or recreational eating

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I really do not want to end up with diabetes or heart disease. I am at my highest weight ever and I am MISERABLE.

• Date: March 13, 2009
    Username/real Name: Star
    Birthday: August 25th
    Marital Status: Married
    Spouse’s Name: Doug
    Children/ages: Evan and Brandon
    Hobbies/interests: Reading, fishing, scrapbooking and digital photography & editing
    Pets: 2 snowshoe siamese, Charlies and Ivan. And 1 red poodle, Ruby
    Top Weight: 260
    Current Weight: 252
    Goal Weight: 200
    Height: 6ft
    Eye Color: brown
    Hair Color: black
    Geographic Location: Columbus, Ohio
    What Is Your Biggest Problem In Weight Loss: I get too frustrated, and give up. I cant stay focused.
    What Is Different This Time That Will Make You Successful: I'm SICK of being over weight. I don't feel good, I have no energy, and I look horrible. Its time for a change!
    Anything Else You Would Like People To Know About You? Funny people are my weakness. I love to laugh and have fun!
  • DATE: 3/16/2009

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Bon

BIRTHDAY: 10/22

MARITAL STATUS: Divorced

SPOUSE’S NAME: Mud

CHILDREN/AGES: 6 not 6 kids but she's 6, almost 7

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Since eating is out.......Hmm....I have a myriad of interest, reading, experimental golf, walking

PETS:

TOP WEIGHT: Oh Gawd, 245

CURRENT WEIGHT: Between 235-240

GOAL WEIGHT: 130

HEIGHT: 5'4

EYE COLOR: green

HAIR COLOR: Uhm, dark brown with a strand or two of gray

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Mid West

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Eating

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm tired of aches and pains, joints, eating as a hobby, I want to be around for my daughter, I want to move, and, last but not least, spite.

I love laughter, jokes, I never mean to offend anyone, the true love of my life is my child whom I never thought I would have. I'm a single mother, not something I planned, but the greatest gift I have ever been given. I'm a struggling single mother, depression plays a role in this, again, as it's lifting and I'm getting treatment I'm thinking this could change;-)

I would like to change my thinking habits, become more positive. and get rid of SHAME things I can't change, but did because at the time it seemed right.
  • Hi all, I'm a newcomer so bare with me. Looking forward to chatting with ya'll.

DATE: 03/29/09

USERNAME/REAL NAME: learningtoliveagain

BIRTHDAY: 09/01/1959

MARITAL STATUS: Happily married

SPOUSE’S NAME: Hun

CHILDREN/AGES: 1 son, 12 years old

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Anything to do with my son, photography, walking and swimming

PETS: Horses, dogs and cats

TOP WEIGHT: 310

CURRENT WEIGHT: 287

GOAL WEIGHT: 160ish

HEIGHT: 5' 5"

HAIR COLOR: Lt. Brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Central Florida

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Letting my depression get the better of me.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm determined to get a handle on my depression.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I'm told I have a great sense of humor, must be why I like comedies (movies & TV) most, but I also feel I hide behind my sense of humor.
  • DATE: 3/29/09

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Julie

BIRTHDAY: July 5

MARITAL STATUS: Married (14 years now!)

CHILDREN/AGES: 4 kids (12 yob, 9 yog, 7 yob, 5 yog)

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Rowing, reading, gardening

PETS: Dog, chickens

TOP WEIGHT: 240

CURRENT WEIGHT: 192

GOAL WEIGHT: 160

HEIGHT: 5'10"

EYE COLOR: Brown

HAIR COLOR:Brown

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Seasonal Depression.... I lose well and exercise in the summer, then regain it over the winter rather than continuing to lose until goal.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm accepting my limitations, and learning to work with the seasonal depression rather than fight it.
  • DATE: 4/11/2009

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Toni

BIRTHDAY: Nov 18th, Scorpio dahling.

MARITAL STATUS: Married for almost a year.

SPOUSE’S NAME: Ben aka Honeybenny

CHILDREN/AGES: None yet I wish

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, writing, gardening, I invest a lot of time into my home, both with compulsive cleaning and upgrades

PETS: None

TOP WEIGHT: 276

CURRENT WEIGHT: 267ish, I would guess

GOAL WEIGHT: 140

HEIGHT: 5'8"

EYE COLOR: blue

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Roll tide!

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I struggled with an eating disorder for years, and even though I'm not actively purging, I find it extremely difficult to eat without immediately hating myself afterwards and debating over whether or not I should keep it down. Lately, I think my nerves and anxiety have gotten so bad that it's making me physically ill after meals. I never feel comfortable after eating.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I will begin seeing a psychiatrist May 7th, maybe he will get my head right.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I'm such a free spirit, and it kills me that I spend so much time worrying about something as insignificant as my looks (I'm not unhealthy, phsyically, according to my doctors.)
  • DATE: April 17, 2009

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Holly

BIRTHDAY: August 17, 1976

MARITAL STATUS: married for almost 13 years

SPOUSE’S NAME: Paul

CHILDREN/AGES: 2 boys, 11 and 5

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: reading

PETS: cat

TOP WEIGHT: 245

CURRENT WEIGHT: 198

GOAL WEIGHT: 135

HEIGHT: 5ft 6

EYE COLOR: brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: the lowcountry

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: motivation and sugar cravings

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: not giving up

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? so glad I found this site!