Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 01-15-2003, 04:56 AM   #16  
acw
Cuddly Kiwi

DATE: 15th january 2003

USERNAME/REAL NAME: ACW/Anna

BIRTHDAY: 31 January

MARITAL STATUS: Married

SPOUSE’S NAME: Wayne

CHILDREN/AGES: Braden/6 Rebecca/2 1/2 Keighley/1

HOBBIES/INTERESTS:Knitting ,craft, reading, internet

PETS: 1 dizzy cat named Lizzie

TOP WEIGHT: 321

CURRENT WEIGHT: 321

GOAL WEIGHT:150ish

HEIGHT: 5'10"

EYE COLOR: Blue

HAIR COLOR: brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: New Zealand

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Me!!!

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I feel so much in control and I'm determined to make the changes

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU?
I was diagnosed with post natal/partum depression 4 months ago and am on medication and feeling much better now and am dealing with issues from the past. About to start counselling. Feel that I have had undiagnosed bouts of depession over the last 17 years. I am feeling isolated at home full time with the kids and am keen to make lots of new friend via the internet.
acw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 04:19 PM   #17  
Domestic Goddess

Date: Jan. 22, 2003

USERNAME/ REAL NAME...Christine is my real name but anyone that really knows me calls me Chrissy

BIRTHDATE: September 19

MARITAL STATUS: Married for 13 years happily I might add.

SPOUSES NAME: Bob

CHILDREN AND AGES: Bobby 12, Michael 10, Jonathon 9, Clayton 6, Samuel 5

HOBBIES: I would love to say that I have one but I really dont. I dont like crafts. I do like to plant flowers in the summer so I'll say that and I LOVE TO COOK..surprising isnt it ?

PETS: 1 dog, 3 cats, 3 goldfish and one Siamese fighting fish

TOP WEIGHT: 342

CURRENT WEIGHT: 328

GOAL WEIGHT: when I feel comfortable in my own skin

HEIGHT: 5'7

HAIR COLOR: Blonde

EYE COLOR: Dark Green

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Pennsylvania

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: my compulsive behavior with wanting to eat out of emtions and not hunger.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I have finally figured out that food will not make things better. I have to control my emtions and allow myself to feel the emtion instead of medicate it with food.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU:
I think I have an odd sence of humor. I know every "diet" by heart but cant follow them. I can however advise others on how to follow them....LOL!!
I homeschool my boys and love doing that. I cherish the time that I have with them. I am a Christain and know the Lord as my Saviour. I always have laundry sitting in a basket somewhere in my house. That's my biggest downfall in my cleaning. I hate putting the clean laundry away. I secretly like Marth Stewart....LOL but dont believe she does all of that work by herself....she must have a magical elf somewhere.
ChrissyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 12:13 PM   #18  

Talking

DATE: 1/27/03

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Daisygirl (Tricia is my real name)

BIRTHDAY: August 10

MARITAL STATUS: very happily married

SPOUSE’S NAME: Don (I call him Donnie)

CHILDREN/AGES: no children ( but we just started trying)

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: crafting, painting, gardening, reading, shopping

PETS: no pets

HIGHEST WEIGHT: 230
CURRENT WEIGHT: 230
GOAL WEIGHT: 180

HEIGHT: 5'6"

EYE COLOR: hazel

HAIR COLOR: auburn

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: I was born and lived in California until I was 35--I live in Arkanas now (what a beautiful state!)

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: sticking to it-eating without thinking first. If I am even a little"bad" then I just seem to give myself permission to be bad the rest of the day and say "I'll start tomorrow"

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: really ready

I am a nice person and I have only been living in my new home town for 6 months-what an adjustment (even though we like it here). I am still coping with being away from my family. Fortunately, I have the world's greatest husband and I have a lot of faith.
daisygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 05:31 PM   #19  

Default bio

DATE: 2-21

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Toiressa

BIRTHDAY: 5-22-72

MARITAL STATUS: m

SPOUSE’S NAME: Anthony

CHILDREN/AGES: 5 and 7

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Computers ~ Interior Design~ Cats

PETS: 7 Persian cats

TOP WEIGHT: 230

CURRENT WEIGHT: 210

GOAL WEIGHT: 150

HEIGHT: 5'6

EYE COLOR: green

HAIR COLOR: Strawberry blonde

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Georgia USA

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Sweets and eating when I am depressed

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I will find something lowfat that is sweet to curve my sweet tooth when I get depressed

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO know about you?
I am bi-polar , so I can stick to my diet on my up days, but when my down days come, I tend to want to go off my diet and eat for comfort. Its like a Yo Yo diet everyday of my life.

I am thankful I found this forum, hopefully I can get support and advise how to conquer this!
toiressa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 10:19 PM   #20  

Thumbs down Hi ya!

Hi! My name is Janie. So glad to have found this thread!

DATE: 02/24/03

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Janie6

BIRTHDAY: Sept 5

SPOUSE’S NAME: Mark, 13yrs (My hero)

CHILDREN/AGES: Devon, 10; Steven, 7; Justin 21

PETS: Holly, the guinea pig; Lil Girl, my big baby who still thinks she's a puppy: Blinky, the bird

TOP WEIGHT: 255

CURRENT WEIGHT: 255

EYE COLOR: Blue/gray

HAIR COLOR: Red, this week

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Tennessee for 4yrs now (I'm a Kentucky gal though)

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: My emotions, can't stick with anything the last couple of years

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Had lots of time to think

Just lost my mom unexpectedly at Thanksgiving
Broke my arm and ankle first of January
I'm really a lot of fun and am good at "trying" to seem optimistic!!!
Dealt with for the last 10yrs, multiple meds! Just want to feel like meeeeee again!!!!!!
Janie61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 08:36 PM   #21  

Post My Bio

I look forward to getting to know y'all better!!!

DATE: No thanks, I'm married.

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Mindseye/Emily

BIRTHDAY: September 9, 1971

MARITAL STATUS: Happily Married!!!

SPOUSE’S NAME: Boo!

CHILDREN/AGES: Cheeto, Frito, Muffin, Peaches, Snickers, (you see a food theme here?), Buttercup, Peekaboo, Pepperpots, and TwinkleToes - all act like 2 year olds.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading true crime, watching Forensic Files, New Detectives, visiting cemeteries (old ones), and watching the BBC.

PETS: See "Children" above.

TOP WEIGHT: 165

CURRENT WEIGHT: 148

GOAL WEIGHT: 115

HEIGHT: 5'2"

EYE COLOR: Hazel

HAIR COLOR: Whatever color it turns out to be. Right now it's kind of reddish brown.

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Arizona

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: The fact that food keeps finding my mouth.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Nothing really different, just trying again.

I have a morbid sense of humor and I like to make people laugh. I also love to cook (which again, therein lies another problem!!).
mindseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 12:53 AM   #22  

DATE: 3/29/03

USERNAME/REAL NAME: loranden/Lori

BIRTHDAY: February 8, 1962

MARITAL STATUS: Single and love it!

SPOUSE’S NAME: N/A

CHILDREN/AGES: None

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Many listed at bottom of page

PETS: 2 cats, Tigger and Noah

TOP WEIGHT: 351

CURRENT WEIGHT: 328

GOAL WEIGHT: 195

EYE COLOR: Blue

HAIR COLOR: Dark Brown (front and sides frosted)

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: McKeesport (Pittsburgh area), PA USA

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I'm a chocoholic

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: My thyroid medicine being adjusted, starting on Xenadrine, and warmer weather being here--plus finding this COOL FORUM!!!!

A 1992 graduate of the University of Maryland with a Bachelor's Degree in Fine Arts and Humanities, and graduated with a 3.98 GPA. I also briefly attended Hunter College in New York as an English major.

All work and no play is not my style; I enjoy classical and oldies music, drawing and painting, cat shows, reading non-fiction and classic fiction works, brain teaser puzzles, maintaining my own website, Pittsburgh Steelers football, NASCAR racing, classic movies, ballet, theater, in addition to being a real "PBS junkie."

I am also a member of the Pittsburgh jurisdiction of the American Federation of Television and Radio Artists (AFTRA) and the International High IQ Society; as well as listed in the Marquis' "Who's Who of American Women," "Who's Who in America," and "Who's Who in the World.' I have two cats, Tigger and Noah (who have their own website I maintain as well).
http://pages.ivillage.com/loranden/tiggerandnoah

Last edited by loranden; 04-19-2003 at 03:59 PM.
loranden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 08:37 PM   #23  

Hi Deb and everyone else. I recently joined 3FC and have been reading a lot of message boards, threads. While I love them all, this is the one to which I always check first. It is so, so nice to be new to a site and to read (in the most recent message by Deb) that you welcome newcomers. This is kindness at its finest hour. You have no idea how much it means to this "newbie" to see that. I do love to read and write, but am a little shy about the bio. stuff. I'm going to be bold and brave and go for it! I am learning to take risks in my life and here goes-
DATE: 15 April 2003

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Enja is my user name. It is the initials of the first names of our children (see below). My real name is Elisabeth, and I am called "Beth"

AGE: 44-Sometimes, when asked my age, I actually forget!

BIRTHDAY: 5 May 1958

MARITAL STATUS: Happily married to my best friend and the handsomest guy I have ever known

SPOUSE’S NAME: Timothy McGuire

CHILDREN/AGES: Erik- 22, Nathaniel- 17(almost 18), Jonathan- 17(just turned 17), Jeremiah- 14, Anneliese- 11,

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: kids, cats, antiques, dolls, depression glass, Lalique perfume bottles (pre-1940), Limoges boxes, politics, Celtic history, most things Irish, cooking, eating (naturally), writing, Victorian and Edwardian decorating.

PETS: Dalmatian- Domino
Cats- Parler-vous, Calypso, Katie, Jette, Tara, who is about to have kittens any moment!!

TOP WEIGHT: 162

CURRENT WEIGHT: 155

GOAL WEIGHT: 135

HEIGHT: between 5'4" and 5'5"

EYE COLOR: hazel

HAIR COLOR: dark reddish brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Connecticut, USA

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS:
I eat too much. I love healthy food and really don't eat junk, but I have no concept of portion control. I guess I have very healthy fat, L0L, right??

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I love myself whatever I weigh rather than feeling that I can love myself only if I lose weight. Does anyone know what I mean?

My husband is totally disabled and sleeps a lot, especially during the evenings. I am a "night owl" and, consequentlky, am alone a lot. I spend time on the internet and like internet pen pals.
Enja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2003, 01:48 AM   #24  

DATE: 04/19/03

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Hollie in MT (Hollie is my real name )

BIRTHDAY: March 1, 1969

SPOUSE’S NAME: Scott

CHILDREN/AGES: N/A

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, movies, music

PETS: 2 kitties - Misha & Trouble; 1 doggie - Annie

TOP WEIGHT: 200

CURRENT WEIGHT: 191

GOAL WEIGHT: 140

EYE COLOR: Hazel

HAIR COLOR: Dark brown w/grey

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Montana

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Not eating enough. Who would of thunk? But lately I just have no appetite, I'm probably not getting enough calorie intake as compared to how much I exercise. I need to work on that, but I don't know how. I also am having a problem with water intake, I'm just not thirsty... Oy...

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Actually, it's harder this time around, I hope that the energy level that I have achieved will help me to continue to succeed.

I'm shy when I am first starting to get to know people. I'm also sensitive, I don't deal well with "tough love". I do look forward to getting to know y'all and please bare with me and my questions, I hope no one will get annoyed with me, but if I don't ask, I won't learn. Thanks.
Hollie in MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 04:02 PM   #25  

DATE: march 22 2003

USERNAME/REAL NAME: chattyg

BIRTHDAY: nov 12

MARITAL STATUS: married

SPOUSE’S NAME: kevin

CHILDREN/AGES: boy 26+boy23

HOBBIES/INTERESTS:

PETS:1 dog would like more but hubby put his foot down
TOP WEIGHT: 299

CURRENT WEIGHT: 202

GOAL WEIGHT: 130

HEIGHT: 5' 3''

EYE COLOR: blue

HAIR COLOR: brown (this week)

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Canada
WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: emotional eating

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: determination

chattyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2003, 12:34 PM   #26  

DATE: April 25

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Firebird

BIRTHDAY: May 22

SPOUSE’S NAME: David

CHILDREN/AGES: Yes. 5. Twins!

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Painting, writing trashy smut

PETS: 1 hamster, 2 cats

TOP WEIGHT: Um..whatever it is now

CURRENT WEIGHT: See above

GOAL WEIGHT: Whatever will get me into my size ten jeans again!

HEIGHT: short

EYE COLOR: grey.green/blue (depends on what I wear)

HAIR COLOR: born-again red

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Canada

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Maintaining

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm really really really sick of being fat.

Can't think of anything...ask away.
Old 04-28-2003, 10:15 PM   #27  

Exclamation I need help

I'm New and I need a little help maybe one of you can help me. But fist I will start out by answering your questions so her goes

DATE: April 28, 03

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Amanda R

BIRTHDAY: Aug. 24, 1984

MARITAL STATUS: single/engaged

SPOUSE’S NAME: John M

CHILDREN/AGES: None WAY to young

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Pets, taking pictures and going to disney world

PETS: Cat-Scooby, Rabbit-Bunny, & 14 fish

TOP WEIGHT: 221 lbs

CURRENT WEIGHT: 210lbs

GOAL WEIGHT: 130-150

HEIGHT: 5'5' & 3/4

EYE COLOR: Light Brown

HAIR COLOR: dark brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Orlando, Fl

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: My b\f does not eat veg. or anything good. All he eats is hambugers, pizza, chicken nuggets, fries, and ice cream and bad stuff like that. Its cheaper to buy things that we will both eat than buy extra for me.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: The doctor says that it is starting to really effect me health and I'm already having health problems and I'm only 18.

I was abused all my life I've been throw foster care not once but twice I was kick out of my mothers house at 15. So I've always been depressed well food have been a way out. Its been my emotions and my pass time and just to do it. When I;s sad I eat, When I'm bord I eat aome times I eat just to eat. I think about what I'm going to eat from the time I wake up to when I go to bed. When I go to a store or even get gas I have to get a candy bar. I need help I don't know what to do. I look at myself and think that I'm so ugly what happened? I look at the girls that come into my job and think I wish I could look like that. I've tried to do the weight watchers thing but I didn't like to count me points. The doc. said to do the sugar buster diet but I don't know how to get started. I don't have time to read any books I work 2 full time jobs and one part time. I get on the computer for an hour a day take a bath and go to bed. If someone could please help me I need it.
Thank you
percious206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 02:48 PM   #28  

Hello all,

Im new here and thought this would be a good place to start

DATE: 4/29/03

USERNAME/REAL NAME: ImagiNadia/Nadia

BIRTHDAY: May 10th

MARITAL STATUS: Single i suppose

SPOUSE’S NAME: None

CHILDREN/AGES: None

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Hmm...i dont really have any hobbies..the closest would be spending time online..though i dont do that much anymore...i always hate this question

PETS: 1 brand new kitten Zoe

TOP WEIGHT: Umm...well i would imagine it is what it is right now..but im terrified to see what that is so i dont have an exact number...but i speculate its around 350 (hopefully not quite that much..though most likely)

CURRENT WEIGHT: Same as above

GOAL WEIGHT: I dont really have a goal number...i know that with my body type and past history it would be virtually impossible to be really thin..i would just like to be healthier and feel comfortable in my own skin

HEIGHT: 5'3"

EYE COLOR: Brown

HAIR COLOR: Brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: New York

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Im my biggest problem...ive lost weight before..i know everything i need to know to do it right and successfully...but i just lack the willpower and motivation and that can only come within myself...its just a complicated vicious cycle

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Honestly...i dont know...i THOUGHT last time that it was different because i was 'ready'..but evidently i wasnt..so i dont know anymore..all i can do is keep trying and hope that one of these times it will work long term...i need to change my thinking...but its just a complicated situation

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU?hmm...im a good listener...and can give good advice even if i dont listen to it myself...which makes me sort of hypocritical...but a good ear nonetheless..so feel free to message me or whatever anytime
ImagiNadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 09:11 PM   #29  

DATE:May 1,2003

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Ferretbaby/Karen

BIRTHDAY:Oct.3.1982

MARITAL STATUS: not married

SPOUSE’S NAME: invisible man

CHILDREN/AGES:none

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Computers, Art, Ferrets

PETS: 8 Ferrets, 2 Cats

TOP WEIGHT: 225

CURRENT WEIGHT: 222

HEIGHT: 5'8

EYE COLOR: bl/gr

HAIR COLOR: now blackbrown and blonde(don't ask)

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: East coast

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I eat alot late at night after skipping meals.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm counting Calories

I know if I can lose weight I can do anything. There's a happy girl caught under all this fat. I take medicine for a depression problem. Hoping if I can lose weight I might be able to lower my dosage. My sister lost 40 lb.s last year so I know it's possible. I decided to join 3FC when someone asked me when I was due...but Im not pregnant....It's time for a change.

Last edited by ferretbaby; 05-01-2003 at 09:29 PM.
ferretbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2003, 10:55 PM   #30  

DATE: June 7, 2003

USERNAME/REAL NAME: KayEllen/Kay

BIRTHDAY: January 29, 1960

MARITAL STATUS: Common-Law for 12 1/2 years

SPOUSE’S NAME: Mike

CHILDREN/AGES: Michael, age 8

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Scrapbooking, reading, surviving

PETS: Kitty named Wink, hamster named Suzie

TOP WEIGHT: 414

CURRENT WEIGHT: Approximately 355

HEIGHT: 5'6"

EYE COLOR: Brown

HAIR COLOR: Dark blonde

OCCUPATION: Referral Specialist for a non-profit agency that provides funding for child care for low-income families.

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Carlisle, PA (Central PA)

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Having the "high" of losing crash around me when I have something stressful happen in my life.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Right now nothing. I'm rejoining the boards to find the peace that I need to get my act together enough to start again.

I'm really not a goofball all the time! Ask Sweet Pea! She knows the real me...I'm just trying to find me too.
KayEllen is offline   Reply With Quote