Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 10-26-2010, 07:26 PM   #16  

I totally feel your pain. I'm in that funk right now and sometimes it's really hard to get out of I have two kids so it's like the energy I do have I invest in making sure they are cared for and groomed. Maybe deep down inside we feel like we don't deserve it! I gained a ton of weight post-pregnancy, I've tried hard-core exercise and I lost 20 pounds two years ago, it was hard work cuz I LOVE LOVE LOVE food. I love to cook, I love to eat, I love to make yummy food! I'm super extreme I'm either starving or binging and I'm totally aware that it is not a good way to live. but binging only makes you feel good temporarily, it's like I can never enjoy the ben and jerry's high without feeling like a fat pig shortly thereafter. Now I've found the motivation to do the Medi Weight loss diet, which is pretty much starvation, but sometimes the starvation feels good, like I'm working towards something... but I can't wait to go back to eating.
Emmalemmadingdong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 02:55 PM   #17  
Token Male

S/C/G: 11 out of 20 pounds lost

Height: 5'11"

If you haven't found one yet, I found my first (and best!) therapist on a psychologist website, searching under those who work with a sliding scale for patients who don't make much (or anything, in my case), don't have insurance, and can't afford to pay much for therapy. I went to someone who charged $60/session, which is more than some will charge on a sliding scale, but she was worth it for me. She was the best.

However, the piece of advice that I always turn back on is to LOOK AT ALL THAT WEIGHT THAT YOU'VE LOST!

This might sound silly, but I like to go to the supermarket and pick up a 10-pound bag of potatoes for each 10 pounds I've lost (and sometimes a 5-pound bag for each 5 extra pounds), just so I can see and feel how much weight was literally lifted from my body. I see you've lost 17 pounds already. Go lift some potatoes!!!!
xDxxTx is offline   Reply With Quote