Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2002, 08:10 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Monday, October 21st

Good Morning,

APRIL !!! over here !! Say hi to Nancy and Lauren for me

How was everyone's weekend ?

Mine was okay, nothing much but the usual. I really wanted to buy some spagetti squash but I forgot...so maybe at lunch time I'll run to the store...gotta try that stuff. Made some Yam's yesterday....Why Didn't YOU tell me they were gasy ? Both me and Grace were, well, lets just say, singing

Boss is still out, she'll be back on wednesday which means I really need to get some work done

Have a great day.

Love, Leenie
Old 10-21-2002, 09:36 AM   #2  

Leenie, You gassy! No kidding! Wow...no wonder it's snowing here in Wisconsin. All that green fog drifting up from New Jersey!

Say everyone, be sure to check out the new board under Announcements called Member Surveys. One is about the chatroom and is proving to be interesting.

See you all later then......
Old 10-21-2002, 10:24 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

I went to the Chat Survey.....

It would really sadden me if they didn't have chat available 24/7. I noticed some people saying that they felt like they were breaking in on a private conversation... well if there are 2 people in the room chatting and your the 3rd one popping in... Of course your going to feel like that but everyone know's YOUR NOT !!!!! it is not a private room I just don't get it !!

Leenie

Love these new Icons
Old 10-21-2002, 10:28 AM   #4  

Unhappy Well I have had better weekends

I am a grumpy bear and the snow on the ground this morning didn't help....don't get me wrong snow is beautiful and we need the moisture but still it is too early.

I worked lots this weekend....I am worried about hubby's health and having some discipline issues with my daughters....they don't want to go to sleep at night and doesn't want to get up in the morning....dd 10 is not being self directed with homework etc etc.

I am in a dark mood today and really can't see the bright side....when I feel like this all I can say is....is this what life is all about?

I'll get over it.

Hope you are all well.

Tomorrow I am going to a workshop..."Dealing with Difficult People"...Thursday eve I leave for a city about 4 hours from here to take my dd 10 to a choir performance workshop for the weekend. I will be staying with friends for 3 nights. Hubby will be home alone...think he will enjoy that after all the friction this weekend.

Have a good monday everyone, I will get in a good mood soon I promise...

Liz
Old 10-21-2002, 12:02 PM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Lizzy, I'm in a funk too... Not a worrying funk, just a pissed off funk (sorry for the language).

Does your daughter have a TV in her room ? if so, make that the first to go. This is just my opinion, but if she's starting to disobey... start taking some of the things she likes away...for instance if she likes going to her friends house....don't let her go and tell her why... tell her she can't go until she starts obeying you ! This worked great for my sister and her son... he started around 10 years old too, now he's 14 and he's a good kid, he still pushes his luck but he's all in all a good kid. He loves to go skateboarding, I mean he LOVES it, so that was the first thing she would do with him, was take away his board, or tell him he couldn't go with his friends and he had to stay home and do chores....... it worked

Liz, we will get passed this

Love, Leenie
Old 10-21-2002, 12:17 PM   #6  

Angry Thanks Leens

Always nice to get some support!

No TV....my kids aren't big TV watchers...I do have to get more disciplined in all aspects of life....that will help alot...unfortunaltly with shift work it is hard to have structured routines but I think that is what kids really need.

Cute balloons...how did you do that!

Have a great day girlie!

Liz

P.S. What ya pissed off about?
Old 10-21-2002, 01:53 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Hey Gang!
Looks like the Grumpy Moon is hanging over our group today!
I'm grumpy too! Don't know whether to slap somebody or cry my eyes out! Can't decide which would make me feel better! Hope nobody looks at my wrong and finds out.
Good thing this is the Depression Forum, otherwise I would get kicked out! ;-)
Let's see.....so what could we all do to start feeling better.....uhmmm maybe we could schedule a chat and have some fun like the good ole days!!!! if that doesn't work I may have to resort to eating something really bad (or really good)!!!
Anybody got any other ideas?

hugs,
Cathy
Old 10-21-2002, 02:12 PM   #8  

Default The Funky Ladies

Now ladies, I want you to imagine a gorgeous man..just enough muscles to make it interesting. Imagine him cleaning your house from top to bottom, in a loin cloth. Imagine him drawing you a bath in an old fashioned claw foot tub.. bubbles if you'd like. Imagine him cooking your meals, washing all your clothes and weeding your yard. Imagine he makes all your favorite foods.. and today.. just for today, they are calorie and fat free!! Imagine a massage that leaves you feeling like a limp noodle. Imagine he gets your kids to behave and your hubby to be more attentive .. all of this while you are soaking in the tub!!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 10-21-2002, 03:14 PM   #9  

Talking Hey Linda you could charge money for your imagery therapy

Hi everyone!

Cathy missed you in the chat...I have been staying on to try and catch someone and whenever I walk away or go do something someone appears...what is that about?

OK Linda I get the message

The thing is that the thing that makes me the most miserable are the two things I can do something about.

My appearance and my house....why oh why do I do this to myself?

Hope everyone is feeling better...I am back on program and am down 2 lbs

Talk to you soon!

Lizzy...borden took and axe.....
Closed Thread