Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-19-2010, 12:35 PM   #1  

Height: 5' 7''

Default stressed and depressed

lately ive been feeling really down, and stressed at work, everything has been upsetting me, even the slightest thing, it started the other day when I spotted a mistake at work, I got a well done, and then someone else had the nerve to report to the manager, saying me and the other lady at work didnt check the quality of anything and that we was just walking around talking, i didnt say anything just listened, i dont know if i was angry or upset but it got to me, i never cry over something so stupid.

Seems I put a brave face on for everyone, my mum died just after christmas last year and i guess ive never really cried over it, me and my mum wasnt that close, but she was my mum, id always stick up for her, then 1 of my cats was hit by a car and had to be put to sleep, id had him with his brothers and sisters since they was born.

Feels like im useless, I have no energy all i seem to do is go to work, I never get time for me and when i get in from work all i want to do is sleep. today is my day off, i went for coffee with my dad then spent 4 hours asleep

my dad is in hospital tomorrow for a minor knee op, he'll be out later in the afternoon.

I dont know what to do any more, and have even considered quitting my job, because I started thinking everyone had it in for me there,

its only started getting like this for the past couple of weeks and i dont know what to do about it any more

sorry if ive gone on a bit, I dont know who else to talk to
Stripes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 238/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

I've been through alot in the past couple of years. It seems it's one thing right after another. When I finally hit rock bottom, I decided that no one is going to keep me down. I'm not going to worry about what others think. I'm going to do what I know is right. I wouldn't quit my job if I were you. You know that you're working and doing it right. Everyone makes mistakes. I would say that these other people at work are probably jealous of your success. Don't let them win. Show them that they can't bring you down. As for your mom and cat, I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine losing my mom as we are very close. I'm an animal lover and I had 3 dogs die in 6 months!! One of them, I had had for 9 years! My animals are like my kids. I love them that much! So that was really hard for me. But they're all playing Heaven now Also, I'm here if you ever need anyone to talk to. I can give my email, if you want it. I know how it feels to have no one to talk to. Sometimes, it's nice to just have someone listen to us when we're having a bad day! lol But things will look up... Just wait and see!
smj1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 02:33 AM   #3  
Cat Cuddler

S/C/G: 287/266/150

Height: 5'5"

I am so sorry to hear all that you are going through. I know that life can present some pretty tough problems and it's hard to know how to work through them.

My approach to my difficult experiences is to not make a decision while I am upset. I have learned how important it is to take care of myself: get enough alone time, get enough sleep, get proper nutrition, avoid people who are toxic and to find some peace and comfort.

Often when I have been down about one thing, everything looks bad - the blues just pile on top of each other.

I hope you find the support you need and that things turn around for you soon. Please keep posting and let us know how you are doing.
doingmybest is offline   Reply With Quote