Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-26-2010, 04:02 PM   #61  

S/C/G: SEE TICKER

Height: 5'4"

I'm so sorry about your granny Aunty Jam There are so many things going through my mind about your situation, that I don't really know what to say, so here's another hug

I finally moved my computer to a different location in my kitchen. It was all on top of one of my counters, because that is where the only phone line was. Anyway it's nice to have some change. At least it makes me feel good.

A few of my friends I go to festivals with are moving out of state, and they want to come over and make us dinner. One of them is a chef, so who knows what I'll be eating. Because of that, I got my walking over with, now I have the rest of the kitchen to clean up before they get here. Hope it wont be to akward.

Good Wishes to you all!!
HoneyMustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:22 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 260.8/248.8/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone... I've been lurking in this forum for a while. I have deppression, probably for most of my life, but treated with medication (Wellbutrin XL) for the past 3 years... prior to starting the medication, I gained back 50 lbs (that took me over a year to lose) in about 6 months...

So, in November 2009, I finally progressed enough through my yoga and working through my issues that I was able to start focusing on a weight loss program. By January, I was like, I'm done, I want to go off the medication... so I've been tapering off slowly... I'm down from 450 to 150mg...

The thing is, that I'm beginning to think this is not the right thing to do for me right now... I've been under a lot of stress, gained 5 lbs back in the past month... I don't want to gain all of my weight back... and I feel like I'm losing control a little.

So, my question is - I have an appointment with my Psych on Wednesday, I'm considering asking him to let me go back up to 300 or even 450 again... I don't want to feel like I'm ignoring the fact that I'm struggling... and then figure it out when it's too late...

Anyone been through this? Any thoughts?

Thanks so much everyone!
BethC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 05:01 PM   #63  

I'm a little worried about Momof4. I heard that some kind of explosion happened in PA last week or so, and mom hasn't been here for 2 weeks. HOPE YOU ARE OK MOMOF4!!

Welcome to the group chat BethC. I don't know much of anything about medication, because I haven't taken any for about 5 or 6 years. But everybody and their brother seems to think that exercise helps with the symptoms of depression and anxiety. So maybe exercise could help. - I think that if you posted your question on the main depression board, more people will be able to read it. I don't know how many would be able to read it here.

Well company came over and made a huge dinner!! The chuck steaks were the size of dinner plates! They also made 2 boxes of RiceARoni, 2 huge loaves of garlic bread, and for my "healthy treat" a huge watermelon. Ok the watermelon isn't "bad", I just don't like fruit! Im a veg head!! I really didn't go overboard either, because the chef DIDN'T do the cooking, her hubby did, and the steaks were a little rubbery, and the bread was burned, so I mainly ate salad. - It was nice to see them, and I know that I probably will never see them again, but I'm a little confused that I'm not more upset than I am. In fact, I feel pretty much nothing about it, like it's just another something happening.

Have a great day EVERYONE!
Old 07-27-2010, 05:43 PM   #64  

Thanks!! I'm going to talk to the Dr tomorrow, he knows me pretty well, I'm sure it will be ok.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:54 PM   #65  

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone!

Aunty jam sorry about your Granny. Its good you got one good visit in with her.

Welcome Beth. Glad you joined in. I'm on Wellbutrin XL 300mg. I thought I could stop as well, since I've learned some coping skills and its summer, but I found out I can't. I went two months without and then started sinking again so I'm back on it. And I've decided why should I feel so awful when there is a medication that can help me and help me enjoy my life. Its good your doc knows you, between the two of you I'm sure you'll find a balance.

Honey sorry your dinner was less than spectacular. Sounds like it was an experience if nothing else.

I had to work today, came home feeling quite ill from the heat. Thank goodness I have tomorrow off as its suppose to be hotter. DdC went to the lake with her friends, colour me jealous. I'm glad she was able to get out tho as she has been housebound for awhile as we are all working.
Anyway its beautiful out, I'll have to go for a nice walk tomorrow.

Take care everyone.
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 05:31 PM   #66  

^^ Thanks everyone! I did see my Dr today and he agreed that I should go up to 300mg and see what happens, he said he's not concerns, progress isn't always linear and I'm still in a much better place than I was 3 years ago... I'm already feeling hopeful!!
Old 07-28-2010, 10:58 PM   #67  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 196/ticker/140

Hello Chickies!

Wow! Lots of new faces around! I hope at least someone remembers me! I haven't posted in a long time. My weight loss has been a source of great frustration, I think that is why I haven't been connecting here. I was doing Radiant Recovery for my Sugar Sensitivity but I have become increasingly frustrated with weight gain. I am not blaming the program but I just think I need to step back and give myself my own permission to find my way back down right now. Lots of things going on...we are moving..my Dad's gist cancer has returned...my Mom took a spill down the stairs and broke her arm in TEN pieces and gave herself a black eye...(they had to ask her if Dad hit her and if you knew my Dad you would realize just how ridiculous that is!) Our daughter graduated from high school and I just finished my first semester for my Associates in Psychology (thought I would throw in the couple of good things!) I am down to one dogwalking gig and I am not getting him often but I am so busy with everything else I haven't had time to be too sad. The weight has crept into the danger zone and I have bursitis in both my knees that flaired up when I was working out really hard (but not losing any weight..) to deal with the stress of the above mentioned stuff. So, I haven't been able to work out in weeks and it is driving me a little crazy. I am meditating and that is helping...I have also found a couple of books that are helping with some things and I actually feel okay at the moment despite everything. Tomorrow DH goes in for his MRI (he had a brain tumor removed three years ago...) and I just had my first mammogram yesterday! So!! Now you know pretty much everything! How is everyone else doing?
Ravengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 11:53 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Well Im back...seems like everyone is busy and has a lot going on! I was with out internet for a week while I switched providers then I was on vacation for a week for my birthday!! (which was the 22nd...and i turned 30) On my birthday I thought of how much I accomplished in my 20s and then was thinking of what goals I can work towards in my 30's.....That kinda helped make it better for me....make me really think about its a clean slate a whole nother 10 years and I can accomplish sooo much. I want to take the classes next year for cosmetology so I can cut hair. I want to be able to help out teens and kids in this city that cant afford it. So we can do an outreach once a month or whatever and I can volunteer for that. I love doing hair and have teen girls come and have me do their hair for socials and proms and really enjoy it now but want to know more. I want to open a shelter for pregnant moms and single moms and for abused women. There is a thing called mercy houses that I might look into but they dont take moms with kids. I am going to start by volunteering at shelters and the crisis places in the city. Then when my kids become teenagers I want to go back to school to become a labor and delivery nurse...then after a few years of that work to become a midwife! I will be able to help my kids thru college by being a nurse. I still want to help teenage foster kids.....sigh....I get excited thinking bout all those things and people I can help!

Actually we got back from vaca last night and here our pastor called and needed one of us to lead prayer well dh couldnt so I went over and opened up and lead prayer. Well when I was locking the church I came out and a girl come walking across the parking lot and was like "do you remember me" I looked and here it was a girl that I had to go rescue at a gas station after she was raped. My foster dd woke me up and was like can you go get a friend shes at a gas station and no where to go. Well I had to take her to her house for her to tell her dad she was raped and watch while her dad cursed her out. Then I went to the hospital with her cause she was way upset and her dad was flipping out so she rode with me. Her mom lived about 20 mins away and wouldnt come to the hospital while she (14yrs old) got an exam. So me a stranger went with her and held her hand....well they moved back to wv the week after...She just came back...I was soo happy to see her. But I dont want other girls having to go thru that stuff alone. I want to help any girls I can...OK enough bout me!!

Honey-Thanks for worrying about me..nope no explosion here even though my house looked like it after we unloaded from campin...LOL

RAVEN-WHERE HAVE YOU BEEEN!!!!!!! My sugar friend!!!!
I am really considering eating only unprocessed foods for a while...I know its different than what your doing but I know I cant stick with the sugar thing but I need to become healthy and eating all NATURAL food is a sure way for your body to become healthy. I think I might start with a juice fast and detox first!!

Hi everyone else I got to read most of everyones! catch up more later!!
momof4under5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 12:37 PM   #69  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Hi everybody- I've been away at the beach for a few days with a friend. I have much to say and to comment on but I have to get to work and close tonight. Good to catch up on you all. Be back later.

Raven!! Great to hear from you. More to say later.
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:44 AM   #70  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Hi folks. I see a few names I remember...

I haven't been here in a looong time... and even before that, my visits were sporadic. It's official, I have gained 50 lbs. Ick. Feel awful, look awful, and pretty darned disgusted with myself.

Lots of changes, and to be fair - only the weight is negative. Well, pretty much, anyway.

I am trying to find that 'click' in my head again that kept me so on track... no idea why it's so darned hard to Just. Stop. Shoving. Garbage. in. My. Mouth.

Perhaps I'll stay this time... I'd like to. I'll try.

Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 10:11 AM   #71  

HI HEATHER!!!! Raven just came back around to! Sorry its been soo hard...you went thru a lot a while ago with your dh...things like that take a toll on you...I know what you mean about the click in your head...mine is getting there...LOL...hope you do stay!!!
Old 07-30-2010, 05:08 PM   #72  

MOM I'M SOOOO RELIEVED!!!! And what a ride you had with that girl and her dad!

BethC- Glad to hear your feeling better today.

Buddly- Did you go for your walk?

Hi Raven and Heather, glad to know you!! Hi to Hope as well. Wheres Vermont? Probably riding that huge hog of hers! LOL

Well I seem to be officially back on track, and losing weight steadily. It's been a hard week for me, especially keeping motivated to exercise, but I did it! I've nearly lost all the weight I gained 2 weeks ago, YEA!!

Hey, does anybody want a free National Treasure 2 DVD? I accidentally bought it at Target, and realized I had one already! PM me your address and it's yours!
Old 07-30-2010, 06:42 PM   #73  

have any of you tried zumba? Liked it or not liked it? Well For some odd reason I napped until 6pm....SO now I have to kick it in high gear to get everything accomplished I wanted to before dh gets home...LOL
Old 07-31-2010, 11:33 AM   #74  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Heather!! You made me get off my lazy butt and post. I'm SO glad to hear from you. I have thought about you so often. Seriously, I'm surprised you don't have 30 PM's from me, but alas, I was slack there too. I'd love to hear about what's been going on.

I have been at the beach for a few days with a good friend who just turned 40. I threw caution to the wind with the food and I'm having a hard time getting back on track. I'm up about 7 lbs. I've gotta get my act together before disaster strikes and there is no return.
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 09:23 AM   #75  

Hi everyone, thanks for the kinds words. I am feeling a little better, but still overwhelmed, as someone else said, like I'm sinking... I guess it takes a while to get your sea legs.

I did weigh-in yesterday and I lost 3 of the 8lbs I'd gained in the past month, which really was a good sign.

Have a good day everyone!