3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Depression and Weight Issues

Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Chat for July 2010

Old 07-16-2010, 10:43 PM   #46
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Hi girls, I've been slack about posting the last week. I've been busy but doing what I couldn't tell you. I've been too slack with my eating and exercising since winning The Biggest Loser contest. I was kinda afraid of that. The last 2 days I have gotten myself back on the ellipticle but I'm still eating more than I should. For example, I made a cake for somebody at work (a baby food cake, google it, it's pretty good, or maybe you shouldn't ) and had a piece there. When there was a leftover piece that df didn't eat, I ate another one when I got home. Tonight we met some friend's at a steak house and I ate 3 rolls with butter! Before I would have skipped them altogether and skipped the cake. Bad habits...

Momof4, what day exactly is your birthday?

HoneyM, good job on pizza avoidance.

Aunty, glad to see you and hope to see you when you get back.

Vermont, are you staying home this weekend? Df is riding tomorrow while I'm slaving at work.

Buddly, I was afraid my motivation was leaving too. I've got to set some new goals to work toward now cause I don't trust myself. It's still blazing hot here.

Gonna hit the hay.
Old 07-18-2010, 03:03 PM   #47

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone,
wow really quiet in here, I sure hope that means you are all enjoying summer.
This last week I've been busy at work. I've been getting a lot more days as we are short staffed. I'm only booked for two days next week so should get something done. I see the doc on Tuesday and DdC also has an appt so hopefully we can find out why she had those spells. I've had to start back on the wellbutrin. I had sunk way to low and am feeling totally hopeless.
The weather has been beautiful which makes being at work brutal. The grass sure needs cutting. The stink weed is obviously out and up as the dog comes in just reeking.

Hope good job with getting back on the eliptical. I'm sure you'll get yourself on track and meet your next goal.

I better go and get something done before today slips away on me.

Take care everyone,
K
Old 07-18-2010, 10:58 PM   #48
Starting Again

Buddly, sorry you had gotten low again. I had a really down spell tonight. I hadn't felt like that in a while and it totally sucked. It's so completely illogical but you can't stop the negative thoughts. I wonder if it's directly related to some of the bad food I'm eating and if so, is it the food itself or the guilt? Either way I need to stop.

I did workout and it seemed to help the mood.

Last edited by hope4me : 07-18-2010 at 10:58 PM.
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:44 AM   #49

Hi Hope, glad to hear that a workout helped your lift your mood a little. I didn't have any motivation to even go for a walk. Oh well, tomorrow is another day.
Take care,
K
Old 07-19-2010, 07:37 AM   #50
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 162/152/Smaller; tighter, fit!

Height: 5' 6"

Hello everyone

buddly, I hope you get good news about your daughter! and really really sorry to hear you had sunk low and same to you Hope for your brief low. I think you're right about the combo of bad food/guilt that makes it worse.

I only worked out 2 days each week in the past 2 weeks!! as opposed to my usual almost every day. I've got to make it a priority again. The heat was my main excuse...even with putting the AC on I was fried from being at work with no AC and just couldn't exert myself. And the thought of a walk in the heat was ugh. Yes you may remind me of this 'heat complainng' when I am 'snow complaining' in 5 months!

and good thoughts to everyone!

My program - Modified South Beach & exercise at home. Slacked last summer and now need to lose the regain.
My motorcycle - '04 Honda VTX 1300C. Candy Apple Red!

VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:28 AM   #51

Hi All
We saw the doc today and of course he didn't have much to say about my daughter. He did say that it could just be fainting spells. But he wants to do a physical and he's sending a referral for an eeg. So we are doing something.
Other than that DdC and I had a nice day in town. She's been stuck at home a lot so just getting out was good.
It was a beautiful day today, really wish I had actually enjoyed it. Hopefully tomorrow.
I better go now, I just wanted to pop in and say Hi to everyone!!!

Take care,
K
Old 07-21-2010, 05:32 AM   #52
Biker Chick!

buddly - "just fainting spells" - hmmm that is frustrating to not get any real info!

My program - Modified South Beach & exercise at home. Slacked last summer and now need to lose the regain.

Old 07-21-2010, 05:46 PM   #53

Vermont, yes, I know its frustrating, but about what I expected. Thankfully he is carrying on and has ordered more tests and I think a referral to the neurologist, so we are looking deeper.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:49 AM   #54
Biker Chick!

just a quick good morning to all

Old 07-22-2010, 10:40 AM   #55
Starting Again

Quick hi from me too. I'm trying to get my house clean for company. Need I say more?
Old 07-22-2010, 03:11 PM   #56

Hi everyone,
Just popping in to say Hi.
Hope good luck with the company cleaning. I fell off the cleaning wagon and have to get back on it.

Saw my counselor today and she confirms I have to get back exercising and get outside while its still nice. I already knew this, but getting told to do it means I might actually do it. The neurology dept phoned to set up an appt for my daughter, unfortunetly I have to return the call and its tough to get through.

Best dash and see what I can get done.

Take care everyone,
K
Old 07-22-2010, 05:08 PM   #57

S/C/G: SEE TICKER

Height: 5'4"

Hi All!

Seems like a lot of us had a bad week this week. I really don't know what to call my "attack", although my mind tells me I'm just very lazy. Started last Friday. I just wanted to do some crocheting, but I didn't expect it to totally take over, FOR 6 DAYS!!! I finally feel like it's over, and now I'm so mad at myself for eating what I had, and not doing any walking on the treadmill, or even logging into here. Did I mention that TOM happened this week too?

So today I finally got fed up, and feeling real guilty bout eating 2 large PB&J's with loads of milk last nite, I got on my treadmill and proceeded to walk 5.5 miles. I am pleasantly surprised that I felt like I could have walked all day! I don't really feel like I could "just get back on plan" as of yet, but I'll just have to wait and see how I feel tomorrow.

Buddly- You and your daughter are in my prayers!
Hope- hope everything goes well with your company.
Mom- how are you doing?

TOTAL LOST SINCE 2003
HoneyMustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 11:37 PM   #58
Starting Again

OK, back home from work and have a cake in the oven for a lady at work. The house is pretty clean, I'll do a couple of things tomorrow but I've done about all that's gonna be done.

HoneyM-good to see you back. Sounds like TOM has his grips on you. I've been struggling with the eating too so I'm there with you. You took the first step though getting back on the treadmill.

Buddly-Yeah, you always know what you need to do but having a dr. reinforce it always helps. Hope you get that apptmt made easily.

Night Night
Old 07-23-2010, 04:15 PM   #59

S/C/G: SEE TICKER

Height: 5'4"

Ahh Hope, I can smell that cake from here!!!!

I proved myself wrong and got on the treadmill again today. I absolutely hate how much weight I have gained last week ugh! Scary how fast it came on. I'm hoping that it's just water weight and I'll magically weight the same as I did before this whole thing started.

Well, hope everyone is well!

TOTAL LOST SINCE 2003
HoneyMustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 12:04 PM   #60
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 205/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'5

Hey everyone... I'm back from my Grannies, what a long drive that is. Granny has been starting to go downhill for a while now but we recently got her convinced to stay in the local home for a while, then the doctors managed to convince her to stay there for good which is no small acomplishment. My Granny was living on her own but it was just too much for her... she's 98! She can't look after the house anymore and she is getting really forgetful I'm not sure she even knew who my niece and nephew are but I'm pretty sure they didn't notice, they're only 8. We stayed in her house while she stayed in the home.. the house was a MESS, it was gross!!!! This is totally out of character for my granny, she was always very neat and tidy We felt bad, we live so far away and didn't realize it had gotten so bad. We had a good visit when we first got there and she looked good... hair nicely done, nice colour in her little cheeks. Then that night she had a fall My sister ended up spending most of the next day in the hospital in the next town with her. Turns out she fractured her pelvis and has to be on complete bedrest for the next 3-4 weeks. The workers in the home are very dismayed and aren't sure how they're going to keep her in bed... she's already gotten up several times. She may be 98 but she's spry! So she's on painkillers and Gravol for her tummy the result is we mostly sat by her bedside while she slept. It totally sucked Poor Granny, she can't even get up to go to the bathroom, she was so upset by this... they have protection on her but you know... it was so hard to see her like that.

Argh... I had comments on others posts but here I've gone on about my Granny and the buzzer to end break has already gone I have to go...

Personal best 5km - 35 minutes - 8/21/10
When choosing between two evils, I always like to pick the one I haven't tried before.
Goal reached 2012. Starting again... Aug 4, 2014.
Aunty Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.