3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Depression and Weight Issues

Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Chat for July 2010

Old 07-09-2010, 09:38 PM   #31
Tab

S/C/G: 300/270/150

Height: 5'3"

Mof4 - Don't stress it. my house was a wreck more often then not as well. Just pick one thing and do that and focus on doing that. If you dont want to do anymore after that then dont, save it for the next day. And don't beat yourself up over it. If you want to do more, great, but again don't stress. Just take pride in what you did do, and leave the worry about what you didnt in the trash. it will get there slowly.

Pure - Sounds like you got a plan. I am glad you decided to focus more on the friendship aspect, and worry about the other details later. Thats awesome!

Hope - WOW! amazing job girl! you deserve every bit of it! Congrats and keep it up! We're all proud of you.

HM - Everyday feels like a repeat to me. I often have to double check the day, because I not always sure if the previous day was real or imagined >.< Getting out of the house is a great start! (I'm too scared to have my eyebrows done... seen too many people be burned or have skin removed from wax being too hot)

Ok, Now for an update! Yesterday was my measurement day. I measured my waist, hips, chest... and so on. And put them all in my fit day journal. I was so down I felt like I hadn't made any change at all. Then i click on the statistics, to compare my measurements with the previous weeks. I learned that I had lost! I lost .5 an inch in some places and as much as 2.5 inches in others! (my thighs were the 2.5!) I lost a total of 7.5 inches combined! I was so bleeding happy! Especially when the scale seems frozen at 276.

But wait it gets better. I get on the scale today. I look down... I blink, shake me head, step off then back on... then i go get my glasses... when i still saw the same number I called my roommate in and had HIM look. I thought for sure I was seeing things. he confirmed it. The scale said I was 270! Some where in the past week I lost 10 pounds. I'm not even sure how I did it! I'm so happy I don't even understand why!

For the first time, I am not dreading turning 30 this month. it just seems to be a marker for the new person I am becoming. Kinda like... 0-29 i was fat and lived on Junk... at 30 i pulled my head out my *** and did something about it... that.. sounds bad... oh well.

Have a good day ladies!
tabathana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:47 PM   #32

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

will read everyones post later..but CONGRATS hope!! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!

amarie-Maddie my baby girl turns 3 on july 16th...so her bday is next week then mine is the week after...thanks!!

momof4under5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 12:13 AM   #33

tab- thanks...its just hard because I WANT to like REALLY want to do the stuff I need to do. I can honestly get most of my stuff done in like an 2 hours or so and be done for the day but I am not a morning person so the guilt of sitting and doing nothing hangs on me and then evening tend to go to quick and then once kids are sleeping I dont want to use my quiet time cleaning. We are youth pastors in a church in our city and tend to have people by often and alot with being foster parents theres always caseworkers, therapist etc stopping by...I HATE HATE HATE having someone stop and have to explain why I was sitting on the couch while my house is trashed. It happened the other night. My friend who is a clean freak and she works herself TO DEATH trying to keep it clean and work..they stopped unexpected and I was sitting on the couch with my husband and the kids...then I felt STUPID and like crap cause my house wasnt even swept or picked up...it was bad...anyways I CAN DO IT...just fight myself to do it. OH MY GOSH you turn 30 this month too??? That is awesome about your weight...I feel like it is time to get my act together and do what I need to. This turning 30 is really pushing me to do things ive just said I wanted to do.

sarah-sorry your feeling like groundhog day..I have those days and at the end of them I feel like crap cause its like my life is just passing and Im doing nothing to enjoy it or change it...I when I hit those funks!

pure- your kicking but in the excercise!! Where does your bf go to college? I am in pa I live near Penn State and my parents live near Juniata college...does he go to either of those? It is hard to have a long distance relationship but def. a good idea to concentrate on frienship cause there will be days that the friendship will get you thru!!!

buddly-so your having issues without the meds?? I have been doing pretty good without. I am not 100% but better without the meds. They made me feel miserable hope it works out for you!!!

So we camped at my parents for the last two days...and even though my mom got cranky at times and my dad is just impossible at times Like it seems more lively there...cause like here at home I drag and dont get moving before have of the day is gone...there its busy and kids are playing and moving...I think I need to do some changes...I think I need to go back to using my ipod to check my facebook and this and try to stay away from the puter....before I know it Ive been on here for and hour or two....thats where my life goes and its WRONG..to me and my kids...PLUS I really want to ENJOY my kids and do things with them and not just BE here....CHANGE IS HARD BUT IS WORTH IT!!!!

Old 07-10-2010, 03:51 AM   #34

Height: 5' 7''

morning all, my 2 days off start today, hopefully going to Quex po fayre today with my dad

told him 'no ice cream'

he is on a diet too, not by choice the doc said he needs to go on one, and me being on a diet was good motivation for him
Old 07-10-2010, 06:00 AM   #35

Height: 5'6"

Hope- Congratulations!!!! That is awsome!

Hi everyone!!

Hope and Mom- I've just been off of the two drugs. I was hoping that the coping skills I've been learning in the groups would be able to replace them, but I'm not sure yet. I'm still doing alright I'm just noticing that some of the obsessive worrying is coming back a little. I can't really count the "down" days as I had those on the meds and I know some of it is situational. I see my doc on the 20th so can see what he says then.
We finally are having the nice hot summer weather. Unfortunately I've been stuck in at work. I was hoping it would rain a little tonight, but it looks like I have to water things tomorrow. I am so glad its Saturday tho.

I best get to sleep.
Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Take care,
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 08:09 PM   #36

S/C/G: SEE TICKER

Well, I think Groundhog day is officially over, till tomorrow anyways. I am going to watch my niece and the rest of the Sacramento Sirens football team play the last playoff game of the season. If they win, they will be playing the championships in Dallas. Also if they win, there will be a big party at one of their favorite bars. Don't know what will happen if they don't win tho, (perhaps drowning their sorrows at the same bar?). What ever! Im getting out, gonna be around family that hasn't seen me in a while. Honestly, I just want to hear everyone say how great I look! Vain person that I am.

Hope everyone is doing well, at least surviving the heat! Type at you all later! GO SIRENS!!

Hey Stripes! Just wanted you to have a wonderful time with your Dad. My Dad past away in 2004, so PLEASE let him know how much you appreciate him. - PS, are you in the UK? I've always wanted to go.

TOTAL LOST SINCE 2003

Last edited by HoneyMustard : 07-10-2010 at 08:12 PM.
HoneyMustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 11:50 PM   #37
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

HoneyM-what did your family say about your weight loss?

Vermont-are you out of town on a ride or just working too much?

I've been a little busy with work and running around with df so I haven't been in here for a couple of days. I baked 2 birthday cakes for work tomorrow after not getting home from work till 9pm. I'm beat so gonna hit the shower and then to bed.

Catch you all tomorrow.
Old 07-12-2010, 06:45 AM   #38
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 162/156/Smaller; tighter, fit!

Height: 5' 6"

good morning ladies!!! Hope, CONGRATS on winning that competition!!! Purefire, WTG on 2 hours of exercise and eating right!! momof4, hang in there, you will find the 'drive' to do what you need to, but I agree the computer can take huge chunks of time out of our day!

hello to everyone else and I will read through more when I get home from work. Hope, I was camping (again!) this weekend, a small motorcycle rally, but only 27 miles from home, but we had a great time. Ate and drank OFF PLAN the whole dang time so I need to get back on that wagon!

hope everyone has a great day

My program - Modified South Beach & exercise at home. Slacked last summer and now need to lose the regain.
My motorcycle - '04 Honda VTX 1300C. Candy Apple Red!

VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 06:15 PM   #39

Hi Everyone!

Well our Sacramento Sirens won the game and are off to Texas for their final game in 2 weeks. WoooHoooo!

Yeah, family seemed impressed with how well I'm doing. One of my nieces actually said "Where did you go!?" She later claims that she had lost some of her own weight, and wanted to be a certain size when her baby's daddy got of Fed Pen. Oh well, I know she's just not at a place to actually get on the path, but I did wished her well.

We ended up going to pizza with the team, and you all would have been proud of me. I ordered the all-u-can eat salad bar and ate 2 salads with regular ranch, and stayed away from the monster sized pepperoni pizza that was on the table. I did end up eating only 1 piece of med. bbq chicken pizza. This didn't seem to affect my weight loss at all! Yea! By the time we got out of the pizza place it was late and DH and I really didn't want to go to the bar, which was fine by me.

Mom-I hope you are doing better.

Have a great day ALL!

TOTAL LOST SINCE 2003
Old 07-12-2010, 11:25 PM   #40

sarah-so how are you losing the weight....are you obsessive about what you eat? How much do you excercise a week???

My kids were watching a kids show today and I over heard them talking bout eating healthy and they were explaining to the kids about putting in your body only as much as you will put out in excercise so that you stay healthy...It was a little better than that and understandable for kids but I was suprised!! I want them to KNOW healthy eating now and what a body feel like with the right foods and not have to break years and years of wrong eating later...

My eye is getting better.....using a steroid drop and another drop to help the inflamation go down so it wont be so sensitive to light....vacation bible school went well tonight...actually a pretty good day...got a good amount accomplished coulda got more done but its a step in the right direction. Had to be up at 8:30 for appt and actually I didnt like drag outta bed...SHOCKER!! I mean sure I wanted to sleep longer but I only hit the snooze once and then got up!!

Old 07-13-2010, 04:50 PM   #41

Hi All!

Well, back to the same ol' same ol'. Although I'm feeling pretty positive overall.

Mom, I've been real committed to my weigh loss this summer. And, yeah, I guess I do obsess a little about my food. But if I don't have control of my food, who will? I keep a food log on my fridge, and count "points". - My exercise consist of walking on treadmill 4 days a week, at about 6% grade, and average 2.8 - 3mph, for about 4 miles. I like to watch a movie, or a couple of 1 hour shows to pass the time. I love my DVR! A couple of summers ago, I was only walking at 3% grade for 3 miles, 3 times a week, and I lost 40lbs! - I do have a secret weapon tho, and it works for me, is Slimquick. Honestly, without them, I would be hungry morning, noon, and night. I get the "no jitters" formula. Ok, it's all out there. I'll be glad to answer any questions if anyone is confused.

I think it is a real good thing that kids nowadays learn about healthy eating. There's just too much obesity in kids, and it's sad, because they just don't know any better. - Glad to hear your eye is better too!

Well, that's all for now. Type at you all later!

TOTAL LOST SINCE 2003
Old 07-13-2010, 05:20 PM   #42

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone

I'm afraid not much new or exciting around here. I have a day off and sure wish I could find my motivation, I'm sure I left it somewhere. It really cooled off here. Which is kinda to bad, thankfully its suppose to warm up again for the weekend. The hot weather makes eating light so much easier.

Take care everyone and I hope you are having a wonderful day!!
K
Old 07-14-2010, 12:37 AM   #43

Well I had a really good day...I managed to finich all my clothes folding and only have mine and dh to put away one load in dryer and the rest of the dirty clothes in the house is in the washer, my house is pretty clean...it will never be perfect but its good!! Had 6 kids over night since monday. Got all 4 girls hair fixed in pig tail buns for vbs...went there and acting like a goof for the skit and then did the ending!! It was awesome!! My husband asked me out on a date wish since weve been married he hasnt done. At first I was like sweet now I think something maybe up for my bday...LOL Cause my mom was texting last night at vbs and I was like whos that from just casual and for no reason she like hid the phone and was like get away...LOL Then wouldnt lay the phone down...hahaha...My baby girl turns 3 friday..I am going to make her a big princess cake!! It was just an all around good day! Felt good about what I got accomplished and how the day went over all....NO it wasnt perfect but it was good!

sarah-how do you find the willpower to not eat the foods you like that arent good for you..I did well counting calories but cant seem to get the mind over matter...I am ready for it just need a shove over the edge. I feel like I need to do a short fast and BREAK all the addictions to the food cause I cant seem to stop it. I thought about a detox...its good to do one once in a while...i dont know...def. encouraging!!

Sarah & Buddly-Pick one fun thing you wanna do and you have a week to do it!!! You dont want life to pass and all you can say is nothing new and exciting? This whole turning 30 has so messed with my head. I dont wanna be turning 40 and done really nothing with my life except exist...LOL...I have wanted to open a home for pregnant and single mothers...I would love to do a girls home but I have always wanted to do the other one...So I cant wait for the day for that to happen!!!

Ok well chat with you all lata!

Old 07-14-2010, 12:56 PM   #44
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 205/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'5

Hey everyone... sorry I haven't been around, it's been crazy here, had some family things then a camping/4X4 trip. Next week I go on another trip that will take me away from computers and even cell phone service... we're going to visit my 98 year old Granny in her very small town.

Sarah - Great willpower... I love pizza, I'm sure I would have cracked.

Mom - hahah... just wait, I've been there done that... it doesn't get any better Unfortunately we always get older.. not younger.

Vermont - I was off plan all during the 4X4 trip, came home with a few extra pounds but weighed myself this morning and am almost back to where I was. It was kind of nice to be able to eat and drink again, I did watch my portions and stuck to healthier choices but didn't get much physical activity other then bouncing on a jeep seat. Only on the last day did I think of using my core muscles more to help me stay upright rather then holding on to the handles/seat/door etc... maybe next time.

Hope everyone is good...

Personal best 5km - 35 minutes - 8/21/10
When choosing between two evils, I always like to pick the one I haven't tried before.
Goal reached 2012. Starting again... Aug 4, 2014.
Aunty Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 07:03 AM   #45
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 162/156/Smaller; tighter, fit!

Height: 5' 6"

good morning chicks! HoneyMustard, great job on such control at the pizza buffet! momof4, glad your eye is a little better. Hello to everyone else! short and sweet today

Oh!! this is funny. I guess we got a phone call from the Canadian company that I get my Wellbutrin from, it is a nice customer service that they call to remind you that you need to reorder soon. Well my husband HATES unsolicited phone calls, and he had no idea who it was...so he picks up the phone with a mean "HELLO" and they meekly ask for me...he continues harshly "WHAT IS THIS IN REFERENCE TO" and they meekly say 'to reorder her prescription?' They are probably thinking "Oh, poor woman! no wonder she's depressed, married to that monster" LOL!!

My program - Modified South Beach & exercise at home. Slacked last summer and now need to lose the regain.
My motorcycle - '04 Honda VTX 1300C. Candy Apple Red!

Last edited by VermontMom : 07-15-2010 at 07:06 AM.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.