3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Depression and Weight Issues

Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Chat for July 2010

Old 07-04-2010, 02:23 PM   #16
Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

STARS & STRIPES !!

Happy
Birthday America

Courage doesn't always roar.
Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying,
"I will try again tomorrow."
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 09:03 PM   #17
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Happy 4th!!!

No plans tonight for me either. We had a bbq pot luck at work today. It was good but I ate a little more than I wanted. It's so true that bad food makes you crave more bad food. I'm having a harder time controlling myself than I used to. I had made 2 pineapple upsidedown cakes and I brought my tupperware home and ended up eating the scraps in both containers, then I ate a piece of leftover pizza and low fat popcorn. I ended up with around 2000 calories instead of the goal of under 1500. It's especially bad since I didn't workout 4 days this week b/c of getting sick.

Tab, I have to say YES!, exercise absolutely helps with my moods. Since I've been working out since January I haven't had hardly a day where I just couldn't get out of bed, and I've had plenty of those in the past. I could barely get myself to shower when I was really bad, I was just too exhausted and blah. Every time in my life when I've been working out regulary my depression symptoms are almost gone. I'm on meds too of course. I have to workout till I'm pretty exhausted though, I can't just take a leisurely stroll and it work. I've got to get my heart rate up and sweat to reap the mood lifting benefits.

Oops, gotta run...
Old 07-04-2010, 10:18 PM   #18
Tab

S/C/G: 300/270/150

Height: 5'3"

Eww, I have been on camping trips like that. Not fun. But you got through it at least!

Pure, as for the ex, you seem to have your ideas set on what you want. Your current boyfriend... ask yourself why you arent IN love with him, if anything could change that, and if not.. perhaps tell him so. You will feel better about it in the long run, and hopefully you two will remain friends.

Today was ok, I overdid my calories a bit.... I had a box of redvines. Man do i love red licorice. It was my consolation for not going to the family BBQ today. I didnt go because I didnt want to over do it like i did yesterday and sit htere eating all day out of boredom. So I gave myself a box of candy and watch anime with my roomate. Was decent. Feel bad about the candy but it coulda been worse. Little miffed cause I wanted to finish watching the series we were watching, but he wants to save it for tomorow. I hate cliff hangers!!

Have a good night all.
tabathana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 10:21 PM   #19
Tab

S/C/G: 300/270/150

Height: 5'3"

Hope, i know what you mean. when I was really bad it was all I could do to drag myself up and shower, change my clothes, **** anything.

On the bright side, working out is starting to make a difference. I notice i am grumpier when I dont work out... even if I HATE working out. And when I do I have a sense of accomplishment, and I stay up lifted the rest of the day. I also sweat so much it forces me to shower daily. Which is a definate plus I must say heh.
tabathana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 04:56 PM   #20

S/C/G: SEE TICKER

Height: 5'4"

Just wanted to check in.

Hi all, not much happening here, same ol' same ol'. I think it's kinda nice when there is nothing going on sometimes. Maybe I'm just waiting for the next storm to come. We'll see!

Hope everyone is having a nice holiday weekend!

TOTAL LOST SINCE 2003
HoneyMustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 09:54 PM   #21
Starting Again

Hi everyone,

I was off today. DF and I went to the shooting range (I'm getting used to it and I'm pretty good), and we saw the movie 'Grown Ups'. It was good. We had a nice day. I worked out tonight and bought some herbal tea that is supposed to keep you from being bloated and retaining water. I'm off again tomorrow but I have my final weigh in on thursday for The Biggest Loser at work. I think I have a shot but there's one guy that may take it. I'm not sure what he's lost, I know it's more than me but he also started out over 100lbs more than me. We shall see. I'd love to have the $400. If I don't get it, I sure do feel a lot better than I did when I started.

I need to make some new goals weight and health wise. I find myself saying 'I can't wait till this contest is over, I'm gonna eat (insert something yummy)...' I still have a long way to go and I don't wanna go back to the miserable place I was.

Purefire, I kinda hope you don't go back to your old boyfriend nor stay with the present one. It just doesn't sound like either guy is the one. I don't know either of you well of course but I know you weren't happy when you were together with the first one and sounds like you are having plenty of doubts with this one. It can be a long hard road to find someone special and you don't know about anyone until you've spent some time with them. Believe me, I understand though and it's hard to choose to be alone and hard to let someone go. Just take care and you will figure out what is right for you.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:04 PM   #22

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

MY weight loss is not going to hot...so I guess I need to step it up for a little while. I think I am going to fast process foods for a little while...They really aren't good for our body at all....I need to do SOMETHING!!! My bday is in 2 weeks and I am still completely OBESE! Very depressing...So frustrated with myself. My house has been trashed since monday and I have only got half of it done...I have just sat around and watched shows....instead of kicking it in gear and taking the 2 or 3 hours it takes to get everything ALL clean then relax....y do I hate how I am soo much..

Well I need to do some scanning for boys school stuff, phone calls..etc. Have one boy sick with strep throat...ok catch everyone later Hopefully my day will be going better? I havent even ate today cause there was nothing here I was really hungry for...go figure..

momof4under5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 08:43 PM   #23

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone,
Sorry I haven't been around much.
I still have some reading to do to get caught up, but I did want to say Hi.

Really not to much new around here. It finally feels like summer tho, so that is really nice. DdC hasn't had another episode. We have a doc's appt in a couple of weeks. I really don't know what he can do, but it would be nice to find out why she's had those little seizures. I also go in and get my cholesterol checked etc. I haven't had any welbutrin or celexa in over 2 months. But I honestly don't know how long it will last as some of the symptoms are resurfacing. I'm trying to use the meditation etc I've learned to keep things in check, but at times its not easy.

Well I better go and find something for dinner.

Take care everyone,
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 07:20 AM   #24

S/C/G: 162/155/115

Morning Ladies..

I seriously need to learn to start going to bed earlier than what I have been. Finally went to sleep at 2:30am and got up at 6:30am. I had wanted to be up at 5:30am so I can get my walk in this morning before it got to warm out.. But now the walk will have to wait for a little bit. I have to get ready to bring my friend to the doctors again at 8am. This time for a different reason. I told her when she sees the doctor today and I will be with her when she sees the doctor that I want her to tell the doctor everything that she is feeling and get everything taken care of now. Shes a bright girl with a good future ahead of her and she really doesn't need all of these medical problems that she has.. I think its better to get them taken care of while she is still young then wait til she gets my age... (9 year age difference).

I have been getting my exercise in which totals to about 2 hours day and I have been eating right. Now I am working on a meal plan so that I know what I will be eating instead of going to the fridge and deciding what I want then..

As for the whole boyfriend issue.. the ex is out of my life again and that is where he will be staying. He is my ex for a reason and if I wanted him in my life than he wouldn't be my ex now. With the current boyfriend.. yes I do have my doubts. I think the biggest problem is that he is in PA in college until January and then when he is done he is moving here and going to college in RI. We barely see each other so it makes things harder. I love being with him when I do see him but the distance is causing most of our problems. So I end up decided to not worry about the fact that he is my still my boyfriend for the moment. I am going to concentrate more on the friendship side of the relationship.. and see if we can do that first. Once he finishes college there then we will see where the relationship goes. Until then I am not going to worry about it anymore. Everything will fall into place if it is truly meant to be.

Going to get ready to go to the doctors and then I have a list of things to do for the rest of the day. I have until Sunday off and I am going to do a full cleaning of the house. Its long over due. Along with spend time outside. Its going to be nice out and in the 80's til Sunday so I am going to enjoy the weather...

1st Mini Goal: 175
2nd Mini Goal: 150

for every 5 lbs lost:
Purefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 03:05 PM   #25

Ever feel like your living the same day over and over again? Is it Groundhog Day?

TOTAL LOST SINCE 2003
Old 07-08-2010, 07:34 PM   #26
Dagny

S/C/G: 145/140.8/115

Height: 5'5"

Just jumping in to say hello- I posted my bio in the sticky thread. This might not be the best time to join a new group since I leave town tomorrow for a 2 week vacation and don't know how much internet access I will have. But I thought I would give it a shot anyway!

~Dagny
Mommy in Motion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:54 PM   #27
Starting Again

Mommy in Motion, , nice to meet you and see you on the other side of your trip.

Well, drumroll please... I WON THE BIGGEST LOSER CHALLENGE AT WORK!!

Yay!! $400 bucks is mine, but just as important, I haven't won anything that took perseverance in soo long I couldn't tell you. I'm most proud of that I think.

HoneyMustard, yeah, I've felt like that many times, not today but often. Life can be monotanous at times.

Buddly, glad to see you again. Did you mean you are off all meds or just the 2 you mentioned? That is brave. Are you replacing it with your support groups?

Last edited by hope4me : 07-08-2010 at 10:55 PM.
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:39 PM   #28
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Quick hi!

Mof 4 - I forgot you were a July baby too, my bday is next week. Happy bday in advance! What are we going to do to celebrate? I'm thinking fresh berries!

I am doing very not-so-good on the weightloss this week. Maybe its this crazy heat! I know I'm a wuss.

Happy day all!
Old 07-09-2010, 09:38 AM   #29

Don't know about the other girls but July is so hot this year. I'm sweating like a bull every day. But it doesn't reduce my weight. Anyway! New month - new hopes!
Tigerra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:36 PM   #30

It may be Groundhog Day today, and I guess the only change I can make is to get out of the house. I plan to get my eyebrows done, then to the grocery store. Alright.....here I go. Why do I have to overthink things?

Hope All is Well with Everyone!

TOTAL LOST SINCE 2003
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.