Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 07:48 AM   #76  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

good morning and I apologize for not being here for a couple of days; no time to make personals to you all but just a big hi and welcome to the new chicks I did see Mrs. Brady's family is getting her another grandbaby, congrats to that ! even if it was a bombshell. And that was a funny joke ('less and less of you")
Old 02-26-2010, 11:18 PM   #77  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

I want to say hi but I'm not sure I have much to say. I had sushi for dinner tonight which was great but too expensive.

Tomorrow night the girls on my pool team are getting together at one of our houses to hang and eat of course. It is a hawaiin theme though so some grilled kabobs and veggies won't be as bad as it could be. As long as I have small portions and maybe one drink I should be fine. I was nominated to make pineapple upside down cake which turned out really pretty, and as long as I don't eat any it should be good.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:19 PM   #78  
Starting Again

I'm just going to assume everyone is partying the weekend away and is too busy to stop in here.

I ate one piece of my pineapple upside down cake. It was yummy I must say and worth all 375 calories. We had a good time and it was just nice to spend an evening with my girlfriends. I have to weigh in at work tomorrow for our Biggest Loser contest. I hope I'm not retaining too much water. I don't get crazy about it but it's always nice to see a loss. I better go and hit the shower before bed, I have to be at work by 6am.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:09 PM   #79  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

Sorry.. been busy watching hockey and walking dogs in the beautiful sunshine.

I just finished the first work out in the couch to 5k program... it was tougher then I expected but why do I feel like crying??? It wasn't that bad I did do it... Stupid messed up emotions. I feel like crawling straight into bed... all stinky and sweaty.

I want pineapple upside down cake
Old 03-01-2010, 09:11 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 304/266/160

Height: 5'10"

Aunty Jam,

I'm new here but I just want to send you a virtual hug!!
I have definitely had those "I'm so frustrated and inexplicably emotional that I just want to crawl into bed and eat something sweet and fattening" kind of days...my guess is we all have, and more often than most. It can be so tough. But you tried it!! And each time it will probably get easier. I'll bet that in a couple of weeks you'll be a Couch to 5K rockstar and will be helping motivate myself and others who aren't quite ready to begin it (I'm still doing post-op PT on my knee).

I myself have been having a really hard time getting motivated to exercise, using every excuse in the book: "I'm too tired when I get home from work"; "I have class after work two nights a week and the other nights I have to study and do homework"; etc. I have to just start drilling it into my brain that once I get over the initial speed bump I will feel better physically and, more importantly for a lot of us, mentally and emotionally. The natural high from working out is so much better than what my psychiatric NP prescribes.

Hopefully I don't sound preachy or anything. I just can relate so much to your last post and hope that today's a better day for you!!
Old 03-02-2010, 11:18 PM   #81  
Starting Again

Where are you peeps?

Cmyhc01, I'm in exactly your boat. I go to school a couple of days a week after work and I feel like I'm either at class or preparing for it. The workouts are helping me cope, but it takes a lot of effort to get them in. I feel like my whole day is a non-stop rush to get it all done. It's funny though, I feel better now than I did when I was just a slug and didn't even have class.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:04 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

so we had a good time on our trip now getting ready for husbands surgery in the morning...need to be up at 6 n its already midnight....it will be a long day sooo I need to get to sleep! catch up with everyone later this week!
Old 03-03-2010, 03:49 PM   #83  

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone

Hope you are all doing good.

Not much new here. Thankfully it feels like spring may be here. Its been above freezing most days and today the sun is shining, definitely feels like spring. I've been going to a Panic and Anxiety group and its been interesting. Decided I wish I could take my one daughter with me as yesterday she and her bf wanted to order in Chinese food. It took her two hours of sitting in front of the phone before she could actually gather up the nerve to make the call. I feel so bad for her as she is doing so many things that I do or have done and I don't want her restricting herself like I've done to myself. Other than that things are just going along. I get to go down March 21st for my sleep study on the 22nd. My mom has agreed to go with me, so that will be fun. And next week is spring break, so my youngest gets the week off. Too bad my other two girls are working, it won't feel like a break. Oh well.
I'm still not exercising, but at least I've stopped the binging. One step at a time.

Well take care all
K
Old 03-03-2010, 06:49 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 181/177/150

Hi everyone : ) I'm new here, so just thought I'd say hello. Not sure what else to say other than that.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:55 PM   #85  

Welcome Scarlett. This is a great and supportive little corner. I look forward to getting to know you better.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:46 PM   #86  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone... thanks for the support cmyhc (and everyone else of course). Sorry I haven't been around, I got sick then got better then got sick again. So the c25k plan has kind of taken a nose dive. Hope I can start up again soon.

Hi back Scarlett.

Mom - Hope your hubby's surgery goes well. I'll think good thoughts for you guys.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:19 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 304/266/160

Height: 5'10"

Okay, ladies....I've hit a rough patch. My positive attitude from Monday has somehow slipped away over the last few days.

I don't remember if I mentioned this but I'm currently doing a medically-supervised protein sparing modified fast. Basically I'm supposed to eat 14-16 oz of lean protein a day, and I'm allowed 6oz of lettuce a day. I'm halfway through week 7 and I've lost 38 pounds, which is fantastic. No complaints there. But the weight loss has definitely slowed--we're supposed to lose 2% body weight a week, so for me about 5 pounds a week. Lately it's only been 1-2 pounds/week. Granted, this is a normal, healthy rate of weight loss, but my diet is so restrictive so I'm pretty frustrated. I could do WW and lose the same amount of weight.

My class finals are next Wednesday, so I'm hoping that having more free time and not getting home late a couple of nights a week will help matters. I'm planning on giving myself a few days to relax and then starting up a legitimate work-out routine.

In the meantime, I'm DYING for "real" food. I want a sub or a plate of pasta with sauce or a huge bowl of broccoli cheddar soup.

I'm giving myself two more weeks, then I have a meeting with my doctor and if things haven't turned around I'm going to have to transition to another program. I'm so tired (800 calories a day will do that) and getting discouraged each day. I knew I wasn't going to drop 144 pounds in just a couple of months but I had really high hopes that I would get at least halfway there before I hit a plateau.

Bah...I need a nap.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:00 PM   #88  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hello everyone - I am hanging in there, doing my usual 'keeping up appearances' for work and DH, but spending almost all of my 2 days off in bed. How crazy (uh oh, bad word, lol) is it that I get up, have coffee with DH, work out, then go back to bed for like 5 more hours on my days off.

But I am up now (noon, sheesh) and feel that I can stay out of that darn bed for the rest of the day.

Momof4, I'm sorry but what is your husband's surgery for? Best wishes!!!

to everyone.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:58 PM   #89  
Starting Again

Quick hello and sorry to hear that so many are struggling. Big
Old 03-05-2010, 09:09 AM   #90  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

See us on the March thread
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depr...ml#post3185722
Closed Thread