Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 01-16-2010, 09:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 152/140/119

Height: 5'2

Default the whole nine yards...

hello; i'm new to the forums.
i'm 19 from NY, still struggling with an eating disorder (trying to lose the weight the RIGHT way now) and a substance abuse problem on top of depression. I was on lexapro for about a year but i just stopped taking it (drs orders). I find that since i've been in treatment for my substance abuse (mostly alcohol and weed), i've gained A LOT more weight than i gained after going to ED treatment. I've been clean for a year now and gained around 30 pounds...and it sucks! haha, you'd think that not getting the munchies all the time would help you lose weight. anyway, i guess i'm just looking for anyone experiencing something similar. i don't really have a plan yet...i think it's because my first instinct is to start a calorie notebook, but thats how my ED began and i'm afraid of ending up like that again. I haven't had any problems with my depression (though the lexapro DID seem to make me gain more weight than i might have), but thats an issue too. I don't want to relapse into that world of starving, using, and suffering again. Anyone relate or any advice?
speedforliving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 12:04 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Do you go to counseling and do you have a higher power. Those are the two things u need. Support, support and more support as you try to get your life back together. The pain fades when u have let go of the past and let joy in. Good luck!
BellaLucia is offline   Reply With Quote