Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 10:29 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

wow my post was long up there..LOL...no i wasnt upset haha..LOL
Old 01-07-2010, 10:59 AM   #32  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Momof4, I don't blame you, I would have been upset too. Your dad needs to be respectful to you just as much as you should be towards him, especially in front of other people. He was wrong. Hope today is a good day for you.

Gosh, I'm so sore. Today is day 3 of working out. My legs are the most sore but my sides and arms are too. That's what happens when you don't move for months at a time. I plan to workout saturday, I don't think I can fit it in tomorrow b/c I have to work and I have an exam to study for in my spare time. That's ok though since I'm aiming for 3-4 days a week but accepting twice a week at a minimum. Ok, gotta run and go to work. Check in with y'all tonight when I get off. Hope you all have a great day.
Old 01-07-2010, 01:20 PM   #33  

i hear ya about the soreness when you havent done anything in a while...More power to you....

hope everyones having a good day..gonna eat lunch and nappy!!
Old 01-07-2010, 07:32 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 232/tick/150

Height: 5'8"

Hope - I did stregnth training for the first time in months yesterday, and when I lifted my arms to wash my hair I was not a happy marbear! Ha! Thankfully it goes away after a few days!

Mom - hope you are feeling better! Sorry you're Dad isn't agreeable .

Hope everyone had a great day. Today was a good day - on plan and I feel good. I made the most amazing soup for dinner. Not that my cooking was amazing, the recipe was amazing... Sigh. It's 7:30 and I'm trying to talk myself out of going to bed. Hahaha.

I hope tomorrow is a good day too! Night chickas.
Old 01-08-2010, 07:42 AM   #35  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning! Hi marbear, good to see you Hi Purefire, Hope4me, buddly, HeatherAngel Where is our Havisham?

momof4, that must have been hugely upsetting. But I'm so glad you were able to stand your ground and speak your mind, you were NOT disrespectful, you were merely stating how his actions were affecting you. That is a hard thing to do to anyone, let alone one's dad! I hope he comes to the realization that you are an adult and need to be treated with respect and courtesy.

I am so glad that the four garbage bags of clutter are out..now looking to tackle more...I LOVE that I am in this mood to clean up. I even did a 'window treatment' on my side of the bedroom (husbands side is...omg, just insanely terrible).

But I thoroughly vacuumed and dusted my side, then took down these ratty old cafe curtains, and bought 2 panels of a rose color, and a scarf of white...draped the scarf the way I see in pictures, and then put a string of white lights all around. It looks SO pretty. I NEVER do any 'decorating' because my house has been taken over by husband with computer(s), wires, cables, clutter etc. But I have carved out my own little pretty space now. If anyone walked into the room, they would look with disbelief at my side, and then his I cleaned up his side once, about 5 years ago..completely cleaned it, and he didn't say a word, so never again.

Well it really is a huge thing for me to be in this cleaning up mood, I don't know what to attribute it to, especially that it is in the dead of winter and usually my worst time of year...but I always take my med, I work out every day, and I try to remember to use my Happy Light..and I try to stand by a window at work whenever possible.

I don't act 'manic' but I'm definitely in an 'up' mode! :shock:

Last edited by VermontMom; 01-08-2010 at 07:44 AM.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:41 AM   #36  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

TGIF !!

Just a fly by to say hello. I'm hoping to slow down a bit later so I can read all the posts and catch up with everyone.

Old 01-08-2010, 04:25 PM   #37  

mar-thanks...awesome job being on plan!!!

vermont-it was hard but it was the one of the first times i have done that!!
You said about your cleaning so I sent the kids up to clean their rooms so I can sweep. I cleaned the downstairs so its all nice and clean and has a candle smell. my husbands side of the bed is ALWAYS cluttered and a MESSS...but maybe thats why I dont spend much time in there...I cant stand to sleep in a mess....the rest of the room isnt bad but that sounds very pretty with the curtain and the lights maybe I will have to try it!!!

So I got my new sweeper hoover windtunnel...so far it is wonderful I cant handle the floor being messy. I had a meeting with caseworkers bout the foster boy i have and feel like im in the witness protection because i cant sign my last name on any papers i cant give my address NOTHING...they dont want the family knowing where he is and none of the caseworkers want to take the case cause theyve already dealt with the family (drug family)
Old 01-08-2010, 05:36 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi all,
I am doing good on staying within what I am supposed to be doing, I have worked out everyday and stayed within calories.
On other fronts I am not doing so well and I don't know how to get out of the funk that I am in. My baby is teething so I am hardly getting any sleep. My older kids just fight and yell at me all of the time. I am so tired of my husband being the one that lays down the law, I think a little too much sometimes and they come to me to cry over it, but they respect him and don't yell (I know it is because they would get in trouble with him). I get yelled at and attitude copped with me all of the time. How is that even right in this universe. I was just sitting downstairs for a min, and my daughter without asking first just started yelling that she needed a drink, arghhhh. My husband has been a little on my case about the house, which I am not happy with either, but I don't know how to fix it. I have never been a good housekeeper, and I try, but I just can't get it all done and I don't know what to do anymore. I tell my husband that one thing that I know is that we need to throw a lot of stuff out, but he refuses to then gets mad at me when the house can't stay clean because we have so much junk. So I went to a friends house today because I could tell that I just needed some adult time. It did make my attitude better, but it is still not there. I don't even know what to do right now. Sorry for the vent. This stuff seems petty to me, but I can not get out of my funk, or my anger over how it is all going right now. It also seems like if we are in a funk everything seems worse than it is. Also it is cold and I am sick of the cold it was -15 F when I got up this morning arghh.

Well I chat with you all later. I hope everyone else is doing better.

Trish
Old 01-08-2010, 06:09 PM   #39  

Trish- How many kids do you have and what ages? I have a 7yr old, 5yr old 4 yr old (foster boy) 3 yr old, 2 yr old. I also homeschool so really I totally understand where your coming from!! i am mostly home with the kids but they listen better to jeff. I also got to the point I couldn't handle them treating me like crap and not listening. For a while if they didnt they would be in trouble with my dh when he got home. But I decided i need to make them listen for me. I know it sounds corny but I watched some of super nanny online and decided that I was going to give it a shot I mean really something has to work. I do spank but only when its absolutely necessary because i can spend all day spanking. So I put the rules on the wall (With pictures). Then I give them their warning if they dont stop against the wall. Sometimes for some of them like being disrespectful (talking back yelling) theres not a warning. If they talk to me wrong I dont do for them until they treat me right. ITS A BATTLE....its not easy and some days it sucks but I know that I have made headway and its getting better and I dont feel as stressed out when they get home. As to clutter I agree with kids you cant have a lot of stuff because it all ends up on the floor or a mess...so if you cant get rid of it box some up and put it up...keep ONLY what you use its makes MUCH nicer housekeeping. I have gotten better over the years but I also struggle with keeping up with it!! (right now 3 are against the wall for touching each other...they had their warning and didnt listen..so now its quiet..LOL) Also I give the kids (except the 2 and 3 yr old) a room downstairs for a week and right before lunch & right before bed time snack I make them clean it all up...you have to keep on them but they usually do it. I even have my 7 yr old wipe off the table (showed him the right way and he does good!)The boys can earn money by cleaning the bathroom (its not perfect but the sink is usually clean and the floor is clean) I will go thru and scrub the tub and shower and toilet better....BUT honestly until I did this I felt like a flipin slave and everyone expected me to do everything for them. Start small but really if you dont get them to respect you now then its going to be really bad when they are older...maybe get your husband to help reinforce it until it gets better!! one other thing in our foster parent training they teach us positive reinforcement sometimes works better for certain kids...like a point chart...if you get so many points this week you get a movie sat. night or something....so start with 2 points a day before nap and after nap they have to talk nice to you. My kids get excited about the charts...i just started one....it helps me and them!!

Very smart of you to get out I do that too and it helps....i was just in a funk last week i justy snapped and every little think ticked me off..... OH also I dont know if your a night person or not but I used to work night shift and found that is when I was the most awake..i cant wake up and start cleaning...uckkk..no way...I found if I pick on night a week or every other week and after the kids get to bed I clean and it looks beautiful but that is decluttering also...it helps cause theres no kids in the way and I can get it done fast...now my husband has stayed up one night and helped and we had the whole downstairs done in 1hour and half. Ok well thats enough for you to read for now...LOL

if you need anything let me know...really i vent on here too so I dont mind

still have two rooms upstairs to sweep and some more laundry

Last edited by momof4under5; 01-08-2010 at 06:11 PM.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:40 PM   #40  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Ugh. Haven't done very well. Where has Little Miss Motivation gone?? I miss her.

Well, ten days - nine, actually - into the new year. I shall begin again tomorrow. And maybe think of it less as a beginning, and more of a battle won.

Hope everyone's well, and enjoying the weekend! Brrrr - it's COLD!
Old 01-10-2010, 12:21 AM   #41  
Starting Again

Very long day today. I'll tell you all about it tomorrow. It was good though. Hang in there everybody.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:19 AM   #42  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Ugh, and double ugh. Just trying to stay honest and accountable, ya know?
Old 01-10-2010, 11:24 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 232/tick/150

Heather -

Mom - You continue to amaze me. I read the ages of your children and thought "I don't think I could ever handle that." But you do, and you do it so well. You need to keep that in mind more often. You = GREAT MOM.

I've done *ok* for the weekend. I haven't undone my whole wee, and the holday weight seems to be slowly creeping down. So - we'll see.

Ha. Oye.
Old 01-10-2010, 08:33 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi all, Doing well today. I went and bought a treadmill this weekend and got it built today. That was fun, I also did work out on it. Had an iffy night last night. I had a friend that I could tell was in crisis mode so I went to help her and found out that her and her husband filed for divorce a couple of weeks ago. They have been having problems for a couple of years and just could not come out of it. It is a hard dynamic though because they are our only couple friends and my husband is his friend and she is one of my best friends, so it is weird and a little hard.

Mom I have 3 kids (8,5, and 11 months) After hearing how many you have I don't know how I could be overwhelmed. I think my 5 year old has spent half of the day on timeout today. Also your idea of cleaning at night was a good one. I am very much a night person, so I don't know why I did not think of this.

I hope everyone else is doing well and I will chat with you all later.

Trish
Old 01-10-2010, 10:00 PM   #45  
Starting Again

Well, I said I would tell you all about my day yesterday but I'm too tired to type it all. The short version: I made an A on my lecture final and my lab final. I cooked a great and healthy dinner for a good friend of mine. I made grilled fish tacos with mango salsa, grilled shrimp, and brown mexi-rice. We also made what Oprah calls a vision board, where you post your goals or pictures of things you want or want to accomplish. It was fun but they aren't done. I'm trying to get clearer about what I need to change and keep it in the forefront of my mind. I've been unhappy for far too long ( maybe you've noticed ).

My eating has improved. I haven't been perfect, just better and I did workout 4 times this week. Not too bad of a start I guess.

Well, I've gotta start school again tomorrow from 4-7, after I work 6-3. Gotta try to get to bed.
Closed Thread