Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 08:35 AM   #46  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope4me View Post
Mom: GO TAKE YOUR MEDS!! RIGHT NOW, JUST GO!!

Vermont, how cool of you to deliver cookies, very thoughtful. How is your sister? Sorry to hear that your family struggles with alcoholism, it can really tear a family apart. My mom's dad was an alcoholic and b/c of that I never knew him. She wouldn't speak to him.

night, night
Yes, momof4, you need to do that, to feel better!

hello to medinazarley

hope4me, THANK YOU for reading and commenting about my post She was released and is home. I am kinda doubtful that the cycle will change though. I just don't want my mom to be hurt by trying to help her.
I'm glad you are glad to have snow Once Christmas is over, feel free to have all of ours!
Old 12-19-2009, 10:06 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

snowing snowing snowing.....was up till almost 5am because when I start the wellbutrin again it wires me and im not tired..but i finished all my editing for my bl tape to ya...

thanks for all the comments...hopefully i can get on my meds and remember then and be back to normal
Old 12-19-2009, 11:17 PM   #48  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

We had a great snow day today. We have a 4-wheel drive so we could get out. We went out for breakfast, went shopping for some boots and xmas dinner, and played in the snow with the dogs. While I was out today I just thought about how grateful I am for all I have. I was so happy not to be homeless, to have a job, and be able to buy food or new boots if I need them. I'm grateful for all of you as well.

Tomorrow is our Xmas party at work if it doesn't get postponed due to the weather. It will make for a long day since I have to work before hand but it should be fun.

Medinazarley, I agree, I take my meds everyday at the same time, right before bed or 11pm if I'm staying up later. It's the only way I will remember. I don't do it in the morning b/c if I get a day off I like to sleep in.

Momof4, medication time!

Last edited by hope4me; 12-19-2009 at 11:17 PM.
Old 12-20-2009, 09:41 AM   #49  
Biker Chick!

good morning, glad hope4me had a fun snow day. For once we didn't get a flake while everyone south of us got hit.

hope everyone has a great Sunday, I'm off to work.
Old 12-20-2009, 02:54 PM   #50  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Afternoon !!

We got about 8" of snow but everyone is plowed out and the roads look good.

Can you believe I'm still in my PJ's LOL. I need to shower and get to the grocery store. Have a great day Chickies, stay cozy.

Leenie
Old 12-21-2009, 08:53 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 162/155/115

Morning Ladies...

I have to go to class and the roads are really bad from the snow. Luckily my brother is taking me this morning and picking me up or I wouldn't be going.

Really moody this morning... I haven't been taking my meds and I got really bad the last few days. I didn't want to do anything but sleep. I didn't even study at all. I actually got up at 4am this morning and studied and now almost know all of the words I need to for the final on Wednesday. My moods are up in the air still but once my meds start to kick in I should be fine. As for my presentation. I didn't get to do it on Thursday so now I get to do it tomorrow.

I gave up my diet and exercise. I simply didn't want to do it.. so now I am not doing anything until January first and then I am going to start.. It is part of my New Year resolution. On top of that January 1st I am going to work on trying to quit smoking. I am also going to try and get on here daily and create a blog for what I eat daily and so on...

Time to get to class. Have a good day ladies
Old 12-21-2009, 09:22 AM   #52  
Biker Chick!

good morning ladies Purefire, sorry your mood has been up n down...do we need to remind you also to take your meds If I skip one now and then, it's because I'm trying to ration them because they're like over $4 a pill for me but still worth it.

hope everyone has a good day. At least i got my exercise out of the way I always feel a little virtuous from that
Old 12-21-2009, 10:18 PM   #53  
Starting Again

Vermont: Showoff!

I'd love to do a longer post but I'm beat. I just got home from work and I think I'm going to bed.

Momof4 and Purefire, go take your meds!
Old 12-22-2009, 09:06 AM   #54  
Biker Chick!

good morning, lightly snowing here, not too bad. Hello to everyone

I changed my ticker to reflect my inevitable winter months gain

Have to get through this day of work then have 3 days off, woohoo!

Last edited by VermontMom; 12-22-2009 at 09:07 AM.
Old 12-22-2009, 01:08 PM   #55  

vermont-thats crazy for one pill...yes worth it but crazy!!

hope-hopefully you get some sleep

pure-I hear you about the moody...i wanna rip peoples heads off for no reason!!!

Well am watching 3 of my moms foster kids...suppose to be one but the other two wants to stay and my parents always help me so i took them but I am going to feed them and get them to lay down so everybody makes it out alive..jk...so right now I have a 2 yr old 3 yr old 3.5 yr old, 4 yr old, 5 yr old, 6 yr old 7 yr old and another 4 yr old in an hour when he gets off the bus...really im just crazy...8 kids all under 7 totally outta my mind

anyways found some pretty cool christmas treat recipes peppermint bark...easy....cake balls...cake mix & frosting mixed then dipped in choc....kinda get tired of just cookies...trying to do some treats as gifts!! then some white choc covered pretzels made to look like snowman!!

start that tonight...first year I am going to attempt to do a bunch of baking... Anyone have any ideas of how to hand them out other than in tins?? I am going to have some variety of things and was thinking a plate with colored plastic wrap...any other ideas? (cookies, fudge, cake balls, choc covered spoons, pretzel snow men and peppermint bark all mixed on a plate to give out!)

ttyl ladies!
Old 12-22-2009, 01:47 PM   #56  

def hate how im feeling...just snappy angry aggrivated want to just sleep for no reason...hate this..
Old 12-22-2009, 10:42 PM   #57  
Starting Again

Momof4, I like the colored plastic wrap maybe pulled around the plate, brought up, twisted, and tied with a pretty ribbon bow. Did you get all the baking done? I still can't figure out how you do anything with all those kids around.

Vermont, what are you going to do with your time off? I'm off thurs-wed. I can't wait. I may go visit my mom the day after xmas for a few days. She was going to come here but decided not to with the crazy weather we've had.

Gotta go to bed. I have to take a friend to the airport and I have to be at her house at 4am.
Old 12-23-2009, 01:21 AM   #58  

Hope- I didnt do much of ANYTHING when i had the extra little ones...but normally they do pretty good playing. My lil sister is here and will help tomorrow. I ended up finding some plastic tub things at walmart cheap and since my husband is going to be taking them to work for his managers I figure a plate wouldnt be good for that. I am going to do plates for my mom and his mom and hopefully his dad (havent seen in a while so it would be nice to stop by and see him!!)

Ended up buying my boys the shoes they wanted after I talked them outta them and told them they werent getting them. They wanted those stupid sketcher luminators and race car...which online were like $50 well I found them for $34 at sears..I had decided not to because all the reviews said the lights quit or stuck on etc and for the fact really spending that much on shoes for a young kid is ridicul. to me. Well I told them (stupid me) id get them other light up shoes...well do you think I could find any??? Heck no...then I found these at sears and here checking out they have a kid vantage program that if anything goes wrong with the shoes before they grow out of them they can bring them back and exchange them...so really it is worth the 34 dollars the other reg shoes at payless and walmart and kmart were all 20-24 so i paid $10 extra for a better quality shoe and one with a coverage that you dont normally find so guess I will be buying more shoes at sears!!

sorry to ramble about shoes!! I just felt really crappy earlier when I pulled out the christmas stuff and realized I didnt have a lot but really its because i spent money wisely and bought good stuff rather than spending it on a whole bunch of cheap stuff that will break easy just so it looks like a lot...really how can they play with all of it? We did this about the first three years and there was soooo much stuff the kids were overwhelmed and half of it wasnt really used so figure get them stuff we will get the use and money out of!
OK IM DONE

I really miss sassy...she always out talked me!
catch you later need to do some wrapping!!
Old 12-23-2009, 06:35 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 162/155/115

Good Morning Ladies..

Completely tied... only got 2 hours of sleep last night which was my fault since I was talking to my best friend who I haven't talked to in over 2 months.... I can't go back to sleep... until later tonight.. I have so much stuff to do. Med term final is this morning. Going in at 8:30am get out around 9:30am. Then home to change and then running to Walmart to buy one last present, then to my dads. My son has to finish his project for school today. Everything is ready and should be dry... we just have to put it together.. I told him that it had to be done today since tomorrow is Christmas Eve and on Christmas Day I spend the morning with my son and then hit the airport to see my daughter. So can't wait. I haven't seen her since August. School is seriously getting in the way :P

Yesterday morning I did Christmas with a good friend from school and wanted to kill her... I made her a basic with lavendar candles, lotions, body wash... incense.. and a few other things... I might have spend $20. Then I see her gift.... She got me a wireless keyboard and mouse, a webcam, a ring, a necklace.. bath and body stuff and a stuffed bear. I told her she was insane.. but she didn't care. Her birthday is in a month. I am going to do something for her then.

Yesterday I slipped and fell on the ice at my dads.. Hurt my hip and wrist. It hurt at first and then I started laughing.. I am so damn clumsy. My hip is better but my wrist is not. It is still sore and has to stay wrapped.

I have be doing better with my meds.. It has only been a few days now but I have been taking them when I am surpose to. I set 3 alarms in my phone.. and I am telling my boyfriend when I take them.

Mom ~ I love baking when I have the time. You can do tins. and if there is a dollar store around you.. There are a lot of things you can do... I usually get the plastic bags that you have to tie and put cookies or candy in those or look for something that might fit what you want.. A Christmas glass.. there are a bunch of ideas.. lack of sleep is not helping.. Then with the Christmas presents for the kids... The dollar store is always my favorite store... You can get a bunch of cute presents for $1.. and younger kids love them. I would always do that when I didn't have the money to buy a lot for my kids.
How are you doing with your meds.. If you need a reminder.. I can help.

Trying to stop stressing over things... Oh my presentation went good. I did all the talking while my partner did the power point. I kept stuttering a bit.. But it went ok...

Done with my ramble...

Have a wonderful day..
Old 12-23-2009, 09:01 AM   #60  
Biker Chick!

good morning ladies

momof4, omgosh you had a lot of little ones to take care of!! All your Christmas goodies sound wonderful too. I don't have any good ideas for presentation..I took the easy way out and used cello bags that had Christmas designs on them..but I have another goodie idea that is so easy - Oreo cookies and you dip half a side in melted white chocolate (or semisweet chocolate) then put some sprinkles on, or crushed candy cane, put them on waxed paper and they set right up, and everyone loves them. Even more than my homemade cookies

For my 3 wonderful days off first today I need to get off the computer, lol, then work out; do some cleaning; laundry; shovel driveway and path; and wrap. At least I have the 19 yr old son home from school, he can do the driveway!

hugs to everyone, and reminders to take your meds, ladies! Purefire, hope your wrist gets better today! is your hip all black n blue?

I gave a kinda senile old lady a ride yesterday, she usually gets someone in town to give her a ride and this time it was me It made me kinda late to work, but when I dropped her off at the supermarket, I saw a friend I've been meaning to contact, so it was good karma wasn't it

I am in a MUCH better mood than I was at this time last year; I remember hating my boss, hating everyone who was enjoying getting ready for Christmas, I know, pretty pathetic and awful but it was true. I'm so glad my head is in a better place now!!!
Closed Thread