Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2002, 02:14 PM   #1  

Default Moanday July 29th

Mornin' ladies,

Since Leens is being a slug and not starting the daily thread, I thought I would do it.

Weekend was fine, but too short as always. I did laundry, a little cleaning, took a nap, did some gardening.. finally, played with my monster and watched a litle tv. All in all, another nice relaxing weekend. Wanted to murder the kitty this weekend. Saturday it was like Damien was in my house. She tried to shred the carpet, was licked the plaster on the walls ( which she knows she isn't suppose to do ), climbed one of the screens all the way to the top, and then got mad when I tried to get her down, and somehow she was involved in a closet door coming off its track. I heard a thump in another room, went to check, found her in the closet, When I tried to open the door, it was off the track.
This is all aisde from her normal shenanagins of trying to trip me as I walk down the hall and getting in my face every 5 seconds... sigh

I made some yummy recipes this weekend. One was for a lemon mustard baked chicken, zucchini casserole and shrimp stuffed filet of sole baked in a wine lemon sauce... mmmm. I also tried the new lean pocket breakfast pockets.. bacon, egg and cheese ( they were finally on sale this past week). I thought they were pretty good. They are 50% the size of a regular lean pocket, so I had 2 of em. The calories and fat .. etc in 2 breakfast pockets were almost identical to one traditional lean pocket. Was a nice change for breakfast. I need to check how much I paid for them on sale and see if the price is comparable to a reg lean pocket. One of these days I am going to make my own pockets!!

Tried one of my really old aerobic tapes this morning.. and it didn't go well. This tape was from 1988 or so and had way too much high impact stuff in it for my poor old ankle and knees. I think I am going to have to bite the bullet and buy a new tape... sigh. The length of the aerobics segment was fine, 45 mins.. but there was too much jumping and stuff.

How was everyone else's weekend?
Old 07-29-2002, 03:17 PM   #2  

Wow! I was wondering where everyone was! Am taking a break. It seems that I've been in the kitchen all day! I am making two meatloaves in two crockpots...one for tonight and one for the freezer for when the kitchen is ripped apart! While I was at it, I fried up some turkey bacon for breakfast tomorrow. Then I made our salads for tomorrows lunch and cut up a cantalope for dessert. DH and I both try hard to eat lots of fruit and veggies every day. In a few minutes I'm planting some oat grass in a container for my cats Tippy and Brat as it helps with their digestion. Nothing else new here.........

Leens, did you finally try to strangle your boss and do we have to make bail!?
Old 07-29-2002, 04:25 PM   #3  

S/C/G: H178/S170/140/135

Height: 5'3"

Are the daily posts kind of like a "check in"? Am new here.

Also, what are "cookie" members, etc. I understand the diff between senior/junior.. is there a page that explains?

thanks *S
Old 07-29-2002, 04:31 PM   #4  

Default Hi Mystery

Welcome mystery.

Yes the daily threads are just sort of a place to check in, say hello, let everyone know what is new in your lives, get support..etc

Cookie member is just something I changed my member type to, because I was being a smart aleck I love cookies, don't eat them anymore but I still lust for them. You can change your member status to anything. First click "profile" at the top of the page. Then click "edit Profile" If you scroll down you will see "Custom User Text". That is where you enter whatever you want to appear under your name.
Old 07-29-2002, 05:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: H178/S170/140/135

Height: 5'3"

thanks for the welcome and explanations Linda! I LOVE the Cookie Member! hahaha.. cute sense of humour.
Old 07-29-2002, 08:21 PM   #6  

Hi Everyone,

Just checking in to say hi!!! I am still running around with last minute things for the wedding...tonight I am going to try and start baking the Italian cookies, we'll see how that goes. I should just order the darn things so I don't get tempted to eat them, but mine are so much better than the bakery Actually I am only making three kinds (biscotti, wine and snowballs) and will order the butter, macaroons and wandis from bakery.

Thank Goodness the dress situation is all taken care of. Now I just have to go for the fitting (hasn't come in yet) get shoes and jewlery. I swear I am talking the next two kids into eloping

Well, I've got to get on the treadmill. Hope to catch you all tomorrow.

Meg
Closed Thread