Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 02:22 AM   #121  

S/C/G: See signature.

Height: 5' 5"

Hi, everyone! This is my first time in the chick chat, seems like a nice, positive thread!

"Oh, andI almost blew a gasket last night (wait - I DID blow a gasket) because it was basically inferred that I shouldn't like IQ tests becase I'm an artist because IQ tests ony test reading and math skills. Really? I'm not even going to get into that here. Seriously - I know I'm smart, so why do I let these things bother me?"

Ridiculous! Whoever said that to you hasn't taken many IQ tests. Sure, there's some math/reading skills, but there's also logic and reasoning, and there's NO reason people should assume that an artist doesn't have one. I go to an art school and OK, I have to admit: I'm bad at math. Whenever someone in the room needs a figure, be it division, multiplication, or even adding/subtracting, there's a moment of silence in the room and then three different answers are called out. So maybe there's a little bit of truth to artists not being great at math, but you know what? Math is one of many, many, many kinds of intelligence, and artists have in spades what many do not. Also, vocabulary comes in all forms, including visual. Next time someone gives you grief about being an artist and therefore not "smart,", ask them to draw a woman and a telephone pole with accurate perspective, shadows and reflections, and see how well they do!

Momof4, you have so much respect from me for even giving birth four (four!!) times, AND you're raising them, AND you seem to be doing a darn good job of it. Having children seems to me to be the most amazing accomplishment. If you're ever feeling down, you should just think about the fact that there are four people in this world who are who they are because YOU are there and take care of them.

I love hearing about everyone's christmas decorations! I bought a weensy tree for my roommates and I and decorated it tonight. It looks beautiful! I wanted everything to be red and gold, so I got little red (shiny, satiny and sparkly) ball ornaments, a little red-and-gold bell garland, little candy canes, red and green ribbon, a string of lights, and then I made another garland out of some crystal drops that I had. I had lots of extra lights, so I piled them around the base and put this white feather boa around it, and when it lights up, it looks like a sparkly, soft pile of snow! To top it off I wired a gold snowflake to the top of the tree, but it's a liiiittle heavy for the tree and there's a bit of a tilt, haha! It looks beautiful, though, and I got the tree and all the trimmings for under $20! Works for me, rent is coming up!
Old 11-29-2009, 09:17 AM   #122  

S/C/G: 162/155/115

Good Morning Ladies...

Working on getting back into the swing of things. I've been so depressed lately and emotionally eating that I've gained back all the weight I lost and probably an extra 5lbs.

So last night I said enough is enough. I can't even stand to look at myself in the mirror anymore. So I came up with a weekly schedule and a small workout plan. to start. I want to loose 15 lbs by Christmas.

I saw my doctor on the 11th and he started me on new meds. I am still on Lamictal 400mg which I have to take at bed time and a new one which is Celexa. I've been really bad about taking them so now I am using Fitday for everything. I am putting what I eat it, what I do for exercise and that I take my meds everyday.

School is going good. I finished the second module with an A in Medical Terminology and a B in Anatomy & Physiology. which I guess I can deal with. I was almost failing at midterm so at least I brought my grades up.

I think I am done rambling for this morning.. I'm sure there is alot more to add... but Have a wonderful Sunday Ladies
Old 11-29-2009, 01:53 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

alice-welcome to the chat...thank you for your encouraging post...I like it when new people come in cause then it gives us someone new to get to know since we all know each other and talk bout the same things...LOL

pure-i have issues remb. meds too...then when i forget its like i just forget competely...it drives me crazy like this morning I just realized I didnt take any meds for the last two days..UGH...

ok well nothing much going on...youth night tonight...my youth are doing a drama. I was able to sit out of this one...I could have had a part but i watched the video of the last one i did and I was so discustingly fat and I dont know how people could sit and watch without thinking about how fat i am...ughh...so I wouldnt put myself in this one!!!

Was up until 4 am doing my biggest loser audition tape...I have more editing to do cause it is 15 mins long but there are clips i still havent edited sooo I should be pretty close to the 10 they want..Like they say they want an uneditted tape but how am i to include the different parts of my life they want to see?? i didnt do anything fancy just cut the clips and put it together!!I watched other videos and they are edited to a point too sooo.....
getting kids to bed to work on more editing and leave for drama....ok lata
Old 11-29-2009, 08:54 PM   #124  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Hello and welcome to Alice! Purefire, big congrats on those grades!! momof4, we sure hope to be able to preview your tape!
Old 11-29-2009, 10:26 PM   #125  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Welcome Alice. I haven't gotten out my decorations yet. Maybe wednesday.

Momof4, you are brave. I would never be in any of those dramas if it meant I would be video taped.

Purefire, great job on bringing up your grades!

Nothing exciting here...
Old 11-29-2009, 11:44 PM   #126  

hope- i only video because I want to have them for later... and cause the kids like to see their own dramas...but honestly this last one was discusting...i couldnt stand even looking at myself...I got on the scale today and I am now 232 i believe the most i have weighed....I know I never went over 240 i might have been 235....but it is still so flippin depressing...its like something snapped in my body and it quit trying or something i dont know..it sucks...LOL
Old 11-30-2009, 02:34 AM   #127  

Height: 5'6"

Hi all

Welcome Alice I look forward to getting to know you better. Your tree does sound lovely.

Pure, congrats on the excellent grades.

Mom, I don't know how you can manage to do anything after staying up till 4am. Remember, you need your rest and have to look after you as well. I was really bad with forgetting my meds, but I got one of those days of the week pill containers from the dollar store and fill that every Sunday. I also started taking them all at once (2 antidepressants and 3 blood pressure meds) its helped me a lot. And I hope you let us see your video. I don't watch BL, but I might have to start.

Not much new here. I survived the extra hours at work, but am grateful to be back to just the two days a week for the next schedule. Today DdC was helping at the craft fair held at her high school (its a huge fund raiser for the dry grad) She was helping with parking and ended up fainting. She's been quite sick for the last week and hadn't been eating or drinking enough, mostly sucking on ice cubes as her throat had been very sore. She's actually lost 9lbs. She insists she's going to school tomorrow as I kept her home most of last week and she was feeling a lot better, but its a good thing I'll be home, just in case she has a repeat.
I picked up that monitor thing to measure my oxygen levels while I was sleeping and did that for the two nights. Now I just wait to hear from the doctor when they fax him the results. I am curious.
For some odd reason I'm not feeling as down as normal and actually want to do Christmas this year. We haven't had a proper tree in quite a few years, in part because there isn't any room in the living room and I haven't had the energy to deal with it and in part because I use to study with the Jehovah Witnesses. I haven't studied with them in years, but the teachings stick with you, even when you can't agree with some of the organization. At any rate I plan on digging out the box of decorations and I brought home some empty fry boxes from work so I can box up the video tapes and move some shelving to clear out the one corner and go from there. I'm actually kind of excited.

Well I should get myself to sleep here. I hope everyone has a fantastic week, its hard to believe its basically December already, where did 2009 go?

Take care everyone.
K
Old 11-30-2009, 06:11 AM   #128  

S/C/G: 162/155/115

Morning Ladies.

Trying to get on everyday again even when I don't have to much to talk about. I slept like crap last night constantly waking up but now I just don't want to be up eventhough I know I have to be.

I did ok with the diet yesterday. Going to see what the scale says this morning.

Hope everyone has a good Monday.

Old 11-30-2009, 10:30 AM   #129  
Biker Chick!

good morning, it is raining and grey but at least it isn't snowing...yet

Buddly, so sorry to hear of DdC fainting, hope she is better.

Purefire, sorry you slept like crap but hooray on doing good on diet yesterday!

momof4, oh I think we all hate to see ourselves on the harsh reality of video but it's a very kewl thing you're doing!

hope4me, I am not even close to thinking about decorations. Someone here said something like "Christmas is my favorite time of year, and it's also my worst time of year" and I am exactly the same. I have good memories of Christmas as a child, I don't know where it comes from. Maybe its the huge push on 'getting, buying, spending'.

Hello to Alice, Leenie, marbear, Havisham, lost

a personal victory for me - I exercised every day of November except for 3 days
Old 11-30-2009, 10:52 AM   #130  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Hello everyone!! I'm thankful that thanksgiving is over!! LOL!! But now I have to stress out and get the place clean and sparkling again, because our friends are coming from Georgia to visit us next week. I just want to RELAX!!!! I hate being stressed out. And I HATE cleaning. Maybe I should hire a maid?

Another thing I'm tired of, is getting sick every single time I eat. WTF is that all about? I ate a roll, just to see if I would get sick..and sure enough I did. The only thing that doesnt make me sick is drinking water. I'm starting to hate food. Even the smell of it makes me sick. My hubby was eating a turkey leg..and I couldn't stand the smell. I just wanted to throw up. Then last night..he heated up some homemade fries..and the ketchup smell got to me. Oh well..hopefully it passes soon. I'm going to try and eat some oatmeal right in a few mins.

I want to put up decorations. I've been in such a crappy mood for awhile, that I need some Christmas cheer. But, my hubby wants a new tree. I found a pretty white one with blue lights at Walmart for $25!!! So hopefully they will have it at the store. If not, then I'm gonna rush order it online. OH..I tried listening to Christmas music on tv. And it all SUCKS!!!!!!! What happened to the classic Christmas music? It's all been remade and it sounds horrible!! Such a huge let down.

Oh ya..one good thing is happening. My 5th anniversary is on friday!!! YAY!! I can't believe I'll be married for 5 years. Where has the time gone? LoL!! We're going to this tattoo place tomorrow to make an appt to get tattoos. I'm soo excited. I'm getting white hearts on my chest. Hopefully we can do something else besides get tattoos..lol. I just texted my hubs to see if he wants to go to DC..but he hasnt texted me back yet.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:10 AM   #131  

S/C/G: 232/tick/150

Height: 5'8"

VT Mom, Hope4me - I don't decorate for Christmas... we always leave to go elsewhere - so what's the point if we're not going to be in the apt for Christmas or the New Year?

Shop - Congrats on the 5 year mark! Enjoy!!

Pure - hang in there. Hopefully the meds will make it easier. Rock on as far as your grades are concerned. You're doing great!

Mom - I'm excited for you! I'm sure the video will be great - but I know the feeling. I hate seeing myself on video too. I find watching myself from a third person point of view very unnerving... like I've lost control over myself - and I'm a control freak...so it doesn't go well!

Bud - I'm sure whatever you choose to do for the holoday season and new year you'll have fun

Not too much here. Super busy with getting stuff ready for the end of the semster. Getting nervous about student teaching. finding it harder and harder to care about my job, as my last day is in less than a month. Freaking out about not working for like 5 months. I feel like an idiot giving up a good job - but I need to in order to Teach - which is what I really want to do! Dah! Needless to say, my nerves are a little... on edge.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:51 AM   #132  

WOW everyone is chatting away...LOL

Shop-how come you keep getting sick? Are you pregnant? That is what it sounds like to me, but maybe i missed that post with my first son i got sick with almost everything

mar- it will all work out with the job and student teaching should be kinda fun...i always wanted to be a teach and I guess I am since i homeschool and teach in church...

vermont-WAY to go on the excercise...that is pretty awesome...wish i could say that...wait I ate every day of november...lol...thats probably why i weigh what i do and you are nice and thin...lol

pure-glad you come in and chat with us!!

buddly-i have the pill bottles but some days just start with the kids and i dont remember. hope your dd starts gets back on her feet and in good health. I know people that also had studied with jw and dont now but still do some of the stuff that they did. they take in foster kids and I kind felt bad for those kids cause they dont celebrate bdays and those kids dont understand that..but to each of their owns. I had someone ask me the other day if I had a tree growing up or if my family didnt do a tree. I said we had a tree. God made the trees, we dont worship the tree...lol...we decorated ornaments last yearand had happy birthday jesus on one...so I think it is really how people get into it...if the tree is a daily reminder of God's creation right in my living room...lol...Our tree is HUGE it takes up most of our living room..LOL..Ill have to take a pic and put it on here...kids put almost everything on and the cat and the 2 year old have helped take some off lol...ok gotta go trying to get laundry done

DEF. need my meds because stupid things are ticking me off to the point of wanting to punch the wall...for real...when I forget the meds the withdrawl symptoms are pretty bad...cause Ive never been one to be like that...usually if I got mad i got over it quick and never had the urge to hit anyone or anything.....so the need to punch something is not like me at all....AND I hate feeling like that...going to take my meds!!
Old 11-30-2009, 10:44 PM   #133  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Vermont, on the exercising. Way to go. I think exercising daily or most days is a great goal to have.

Long day at work for me today. I printed off some stuff that I need to study for my final but I didn't get any studying in. We were busier than I thought we'd be.

Have a great day tomorrow.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:41 AM   #134  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

No..not pregnant. But I was able to eat today, and keep it down. I didn't feel sick at all. Maybe I'm just stressed or something..I dunno..
Old 12-01-2009, 08:10 AM   #135  
Biker Chick!

Good morning everyone, first day of December, wow! I just finished working out. After regular job today, I'm going to someone's house to show her daughters some basic cake decorating. Hope it's fun for all 3 of us
Closed Thread