Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 03:57 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

hi girls...working on boys school...had a break down yesterday before funeral...explain all later
Old 11-06-2009, 07:29 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 232/tick/150

Height: 5'8"

Mom -
Old 11-07-2009, 11:13 AM   #33  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Momof4, how are you doing?

Just a quick hello, I've gotta go into work and close. I missed my test this a.m. I've been in a fog the last few days. I just couldn't concentrate to study. I couldn't even make myself pick up my notes to study and can't afford to bomb a test. I'll have to make it up. I'll check in with you chicks later. Have a great Saturday everybody.
Old 11-08-2009, 12:15 AM   #34  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning,

What a busy day. DD and I are heading to bed so I'll catch you all tomorrow, I mean later on today lol.

Hope & Mom

Luv yah !!
Old 11-08-2009, 08:30 AM   #35  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

good morning everyone

momof4, and let us know, when you can, how you are.

hope4me, best wishes to your head clearing so you can study

to everyone else!

it is sunny and 48 degrees here, which is warm! I work 11 to 6 today, so I will enjoy my m'cycle ride to work, and just be careful in the dark on the way home (small critters and big ones, like deer)

hope everyone has a good day. Remember to do the things that we know help us 'get through'.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:43 AM   #36  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning,

Holly have fun and yep watch out for those deer, my BIL hit one not long ago.. the deer was fine but he was all banged up and his bike totaled.

Its warmer here today as well.... Time to take down halloween stuff and put up christmas lights... I hate doing it when its 30 degrees out and my fingers get numb lol.

Got some salmon for dinner .... the world is good

Have a great Sunday everyone.

Leenie
Old 11-08-2009, 11:32 PM   #37  

Cant be long cause my 3 year old is sitting on the couch pouting because she wants to sleep with papa and she is just being stubborn so I am going to have to take her upstairs.

The day of my grams funeral my sil who was to watch the kids kinda stood me up. She said I didnt say for sure and her and her fiance fought and she left and didnt take her cell...so i was left 20 mins before i had to leave to find a place for my four little ones. I was very angry but I have calmed down because I know it was a misunderstanding. But at the time I broke down crying just couldnt do it. Then at the funeral I cried the whole way thru the service because I held it all in until then. Most girls are daddies girls but my dad was always the authoritarian. his way or the highway. He would do anything for me now and still gets me stuff and takes me places, watches my kids, takes my kids places, gives me money...everything and i love him to death but when I am upset its like I cant be with him...i have been trying to figure it out but I think from writing this I did. When I was growing up I always held my emotions in when he would scream at me or swear at me or not let me go anywhere (they were afraid of my biological mom kidnapping me since she made threats too...I suffered for it) I would cry pretty much every night but even if they hurt my feelings by making fun of the way I sang or my butt (he would call me bertha butt sister) or make fun of other things about me I would just laugh and shake it off but it killed me inside... I wouldnt cry until I went to my bed or room...I didnt like letting him see me cry. I didnt get emotions back until I got with my husband (shortly before when i started to heal emotionally) My dad would always be like knock it off i was just kidding with you and make it like it was no big deal...but I think that might be why i cant cry on his shoulder or run to him when I am upset...he tries to be there and makes sure I am ok but when it comes down to it...its like a wall flies up so fast I dont know what happens.. But my mom i just could go to her and cry and be open with her...ok so anyways blah blah blah
just been getting thru this week hoping to have a little bit of a more normal week. i need to do lesson plans but my stinker is probably not going to give me a chance.

OK SO WHY IS IT....i only got 4 hours of sleep last night but I jumped up when the boys woke me up put the music on bumped it up loud, got everyone breakfast, got the kids dressed, showered, and got out the door without much of any problems (except a missing 3 yr olds shoe..LOL) But when I get 7-8 hours of sleep I am so tired I cant even get out of bed and then when i drag myself out I feel like absolute crap and the day is going with out me....not me running my day the day is forcing me to exist??? WHAT THE HECK IS THAT???

Ok gotta get this girl in bed she is overly tired and I will pay tomorrow since we got home late and its past her bedtime!!
thanks for listening..i will try to catch up on post tomorrow when its kinda normal again!!
Old 11-09-2009, 07:38 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 162/155/115

Good Morning Ladies..

Mom ~

Havisham ~ thanks for the remedy tip. I will look into it when I get home from school.

unfortuately I don't have alot of time to post... I just remembered I have to go feed my dad's cat. My dad, stepmother and son are all in Florida for the week.

So hope everyone has a decent monday and I will post more later..

Old 11-09-2009, 09:43 AM   #39  
Biker Chick!

good morning ladies

momof4 - and I don't know why it is that when you get hardly any sleep you're Superwoman but more sleep makes you tired..I hope you get everything you need done, and then have some time for yourself.

Hello to everyone else!!

I hopeyou all are having the beautiful weather that we have had for 2 or 3 days, I rode to work yesteday, and will do same today and sorry to hear of your BIL's crash with the deer, Leenie, yes that is my number one concern (well, that and MOOSE)
Old 11-09-2009, 11:12 AM   #40  
I've only just begun! :)

S/C/G: 338/Ticker/180

Good morning, Chickies,
Very mild here in Sunny Ontario, which is nice. I like being able to have the windows open.

Mom - I think we're all like that - I can function on 3 or 4 hours of sleep, but die if I only get 7. I think it's to do with how deeply we sleep - like we know we only have a limited time so we don't get as deeply asleep - or something like that. And I'm sorry the funeral was so tough, although I'm glad that you had a good cry - it's so cathartic.

Vermont, Leenie, Buddly, Hope, Lost and everyone I've omitted to mention because I'm crap - have a fabulous day!!

Found a couple of delicious things out - one: Perrier has less sodium than regular bottled water (it's like a quarter of regular water) This is great for me, as I don't really care for plain water, and Perrier with Lemon juice is awesome (and excellent for your digestive system).

Two - made this dish the other night that I thought I'd share. I don't often really enjoy my own cooking, but everyone else loves it. But this I loved, don't know if it will work on anyone's diet plan, but I thought I'd share:
Cut up chicken thighs in to bite sizes (you could use breast but the thighs are more tender)
Cut up peppers, onions and zucchini, and cook all through in olive oil and garlic, with herbs of your choice (I did basil, oregano, thyme and bay leaves) and with the chicken.
Add plain tomato sauce (not ketchup - just like spaghetti sauce but I used just plain tomato)
Simmer through for a while.
Serve over pasta - I actually did a lot of sauce and cooked the pasta through in the sauce - makes a one dish meal and makes the whole thing so delicious, without any fat at all. By cooking the pasta in the sauce, it makes it feel almost creamy - without any of the downs of cream.
Anyway, just wanted to share.

Still a bit down, but I'm hoping it's just the birthday blues and it will pass.

Hope all are well!!
Old 11-10-2009, 07:58 AM   #41  
Biker Chick!

good morning everyone Havisham, that recipe sounds great! thanks for sharing and isn't this mild weather fantastic? So very unusual for us 'up here'.

have ridden motorcycle to work 2 days in a row, and hope to do again today

DH hasn't bagged a job yet, but I'm okay with that, we're getting by fine on UI and of course my working fulltime. However he is getting antsy and wants to jump on in on some things that I don't agree with. I can see how this situation would make for some tension in relationships.

Have been using my Happy Light religiously each morning. I don't have proof positive that it works but anything that is supposed to help, I will do. Especially in these dreary-for-me months!
to everyone
Old 11-10-2009, 08:28 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 232/tick/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi ladies - I'm going crazy! So much to do! I wanted to check in to let you know I'm reading the posts despite not posting ... to all who need it!
Old 11-10-2009, 01:58 PM   #43  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Can't stay and play. We had our first round of layoff's yesterday, yadda yadda yadda. Its quite sad here, but we shall over come. So far I'm ok.

Will talk later...
Old 11-10-2009, 02:23 PM   #44  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Hi everybody,

I'm off and just now getting motivated to do something. I'm getting ready to wash the pooches. See you later...

Leenie, so glad the lay-offs missed you! I pray they continue to do so.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:19 PM   #45  

When it rains it pours...I managed to have a carb overload last night actually made me sick...was stressing over foster daughter knowing we have done all we can do and it was time to say ok but not wanting to...this morning when I found a foul foul note about her wishing to kill me and she will still walk with and F*** her boyfriend..she skipped school with him yesterday and never came home I had to go find her...she said as she went up the steps past my 6 year old she was going to hang herself and she wanted him to know she loves him...like enough is enough...not to be selfish but my kids come first and kids come into the system this way but shes been with us for almost 3 years and last week she stopped doing anything in school and has all Fs constantly late getting home cause the boy walks her home...dont care what we say....not much we could do so the county has given her chance after chance and right before school started she was told they were sending her to group home well I called and saved her from going but I wasnt going to save her this time because she didnt want the help and didnt repsect us.. So i cried today especially when she was saying by to the kids...she wouldnt even look at me or anything...It was the easiest descision I made but the hardest to follow thru with...still crying off and on...my heart is breaking even though I know that it is best for her and for me...she only has a year and a few months until she is 18 hopefully hopefully this will help her in some way...

sorry I am so down and hurting I am trying to get on track but with the funeral last week and then them removing her this week I cant even see the tracks....
Closed Thread