Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 02:31 PM   #31  
starting over again

S/C/G: 361/334/180

Height: 5'5"

Just catching up to say, hang in there everybody!
Old 10-05-2009, 05:02 PM   #32  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hello to everybody this afternoon -

lost, I am sooo impessed by your huge effort!!! That you did all those things and then, in the evening, you felt it just pop and go away, that is so great! like you said, it shows that we can never be sure when a depressive time is going to come over us, but they do end eventually...and you were doing the 'fake it til you make it' thing so well.

I hate to be a newbie with a big load to unload - but last night DH got an email and it appears he is being fired tomorrow - or call it 'let go' or 'downsized' or whatever doesn't sound as harsh as 'fired'. He is not seeming as upset about it as I would be, but as we know men can hide their emotions much better than us. He makes about twice what I do so this is not good economically of course.

we will just have to see what happens in his meeting with boss tomorrow and on Wednesday take steps for him to file for unemployment (which he has never collected) and he has already started on an updated resume.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:55 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 162/155/115

Hello Ladies

Today was a little iffy but I basically followed my to do list. Its working out pretty well. The only issues I had was I slept through my alarm and didn't get a walk in. I've been tired all day but still have about 3 hours worth of homework

Hope everyone had a good day
Old 10-05-2009, 11:06 PM   #34  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Salsa very sorry to hear about your uncle. It's never easy to lose somebody you love. Glad to see you back here.

Vermontmom- also sorry to hear about dh's job. It would scare me too but something will work out for you both. Let us know if he finds out for sure.

Gotta hit the bed girls. night night
Old 10-06-2009, 12:47 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

hope-have a good sleep!!!

purefire-thats a lot of stinking homework!!!

vermont-yeah thats not good and it is hard to not worry over that but worrying wont change the situation..i have to remind myself of that all the time!

So yeah had a break down today. I realized with my med in a month I only took 13.5 days worth all sparatically. No wonder my moods are so all over the place!!!

Tuna helper sent me of the cliff!! heres my monday
*my boys were being all loud at the crack of dawn because it was sunny...wouldnt listen when I told them to quiet down
*so i got up aggrivated to start with then find my 2 yr old flipping out in her room...she tried crawling under her toddler bed to get her baby and couldnt get back out
* I actually MADE my bed and got the girls dressed nagged at the boys to clean their room a hundred times.
*while i jump in a quick shower (didnt even wash my hair) the girls managed to get nail polish out try painting their nails and managed to get it allllll over the carpet.
*spent almost and hour scrubbing it to get it out
*Had to take a phone call and by the time I was done the kids had managed to trash my living room:tear my cushions off the couch, push the couch to the middle of the room, move my end table, take the lap off the table, then sat there eating choc chip cookies and bannanas watching monsters vs alien (thanks to their 6 yr old brother feeding them..) they couldnt wait for me to get breakfast!
*then i go to cook them tuna helper for lunch and find that a plastic tote is pushed against the furnace downstairs and is melting from the heat. When I get everything out to cook I realize theres no milk
*i knew i was in NO mood to get them all striaghtened up and deal with them in the store in a nice manner...lol so they got sandwiches
*then i sent them to bed and they got highlighter ALLL over my bed, unplugged the alarm clocks and light and when I walked in the boys were tormentin their 3 yr old sister and shes like I am going to tell mommy
my 6 yr old had a pillow over held over his head ready to hit her and hes like i was just going to lay my head on it...i was like in the AIR???
*my six year old tried to sweep stuffing from a couch in my sweeper and managed to clog it.

I eventually just went and took a nap cause I couldnt deal with it and needed to lay with my 3 year old so shed sleep!

Now i just got back from a late shopping trip and have to go to my room to fold clothes because they have taken over my room!!

Ive left out A LOT of details but I would cause you guys to go into a panic attack if I typed out my whole day...LOL

My kids are not bad just overly active and if I dont keep them on track and switch activities ever half hour or so then I end up with a rearranged living room and my walls painted with nail polish!!!

SO MONDAY IS OVER THANK GOD....Tuesday will be better..Got some fruit for a juice fast so that should go good!!!

Night all have a great day!!!
Old 10-06-2009, 10:04 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 232/tick/150

Height: 5'8"

Mom- Your post made ME want to take a nap! Shesh! Hopefully today is calmer for you. Iand I suggest stocking up on clear nail polish

Pure - homework can be fun. Espeically when you can use it to guilt your significant other to do housework because you're too busy Try it, it's way more fun then the dishes or laundry!

VT Mom - Sorry about DH's job. Everything happens for a reason, so something better is around the corner.

I dropped the 2.2 lbs I gained b/c of water over the weekend. back to where I started on Friday which makes me happy. I'm having an idiot day. Seriously, I'm jsut stupid today... which is very annoying.

I've been writing a story/book thing. I'm not sure what to call it at this point. I finished the 1st draft and it's 182 pgs long. Hmm. it made my hubby cry when he read it. I gave a really good friend a copy it it almost made her cry to. Haha, oye. Perhaps I can polish it up and send it to a publisher?

Sigh, we shall see.

Love to my ladies.

Last edited by marbear24; 10-06-2009 at 10:06 AM.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:38 AM   #37  
starting over again

Default Hi all! good morning!

VT Mom - as a person who is person who is out of a job (and has been since March) I will say, there may be tough times ahead - counting pennies, cutting back on fun things, maybe even moving somewhere cheaper - but the main thing is to focus on what you have while you have, your family is together and strong and in the end that is what matters- treat yourself to some extra time with DH, and ride the hard times out - this to shall pass!

Mom - wow your kids have energy! that's great! Send me some of it! If I keep dragging my butt so slow walking the dog that I will hardly finish one walk and its already the next day and time to do it again! sheesh

To all! keep up the good work, things get overwhelming - stay positive!

For me: cross your fingers, maybe I can find an apt we can afford next week so I don't have to live in my car in November - that would be nice! AND I have an apt this week with MO state health insurance - I really really hope we can qualify for it, at least my daughter! I'm always worried something is going to happen..... OK happy face again - Today is going to be a good day for all, I just know it!
Old 10-06-2009, 10:46 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 232/tick/150

Height: 5'8"

Lost - I must say, I adore your optimism . Thank you for sharing it with us!

Last edited by marbear24; 10-06-2009 at 10:47 AM.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:18 AM   #39  

marbear- i was thinking the same thing...lost is very optimistic!! Yes the day is going better soo far!!

I just plain decided I was going to conqueror my world today...LOL... I am washing couch cushions since my 6 year old slept on the couch and had an accident...YIPEE...was messing with bills and money trying to balance the check book which didnt look so hot!! I did buy me some running shoes last night because that is the reason I stopped running because my feet hurt really bad cause I was just wearing airwalks with no support.. I am determined to excercise and I started my juice fast today so far so good!! My issue is getting the proper amount of water...I dont always get the right amount.
I have a montain of clothes still in my room but its ok not going to stress over it cause that wont get them folded it will just make me want to sleep. AND I TOOK MY MEDS LAST NIGHT AND THIS MORNING!!!! YAYAAYAYAYA

my juice is acctually good.. i put an orange & apple thru the juicer then put that in the blender with a bannana & 4 strawberries and ice chips. With the juicer you dont get much out of the nanna and I feel its wasteful so I found a thing online about putting it in the blender!!

ok so if i spend more time on here thats more time im not getting stuff done!!
Old 10-06-2009, 01:56 PM   #40  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Work is crazy..... can't stay and chat. to you all. Holly we are hanging on to our jobs as we speak... a huge company is buying us out any day and we're all on edge. I feel for you and your DH.

Will catch up soon..

Toodles.
Old 10-06-2009, 01:58 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 212/179/140

Height: 5'2

Just want to say hi and introduce myself. Hope everyone is having a good day on all respects!
Old 10-06-2009, 02:27 PM   #42  
starting over again

Thanks everybody for noticing! Being optimistic has been my goal for this month, last month (before I started chatting with the chicks at 3FC) I hardly even got out of bed and rarely did self care - so this month I am trying to really be grateful for what I have and be glad for the days when I get up, walk, shower, etc.... even if there are dishes in the sink, laundry everywhere and whatever else seems so overwhelming
Old 10-06-2009, 05:47 PM   #43  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

hi taytay
and lost, well you certainly met your goal of being optimistic!!
momoffour - holy smokes how did you survive yesterday!
Leenie - best wishes to you!!

and best wishes to ALL of you!
Old 10-06-2009, 09:18 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 162/155/115

Hello Ladies,

Marbear ~ Yeah right.. the bf doesn't do ****. He works and then comes home and sleeps. Plus I found out a few things today that I am not happy about.

Today has been a real crappy day. I am so depressed that I don't want to do anything except sleep. Took a 2 hour nap. I was so tired. Which of course I shouldn't have done because I have a presentation due tomorrow and I'm going to be up for hours trying to finish it.

Going to get some work done. Have a good night.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:39 PM   #45  

feeling tired today...I did good with the juice fast until I cooked supper and I wasnt even hungry..errr...
well really need to finish the mound of clothes tonight will i watch a movie to keep me going!!
night
Closed Thread