Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 09:38 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 162/155/115

Morning Ladies

I still can't believe its October.

Week 4 of school starts Monday. I have so much homework to do this weekend and its already Saturday and I've barely started it. Going to do some cleaning this morning. We're remodeling our kitchen and have a huge dumpster sitting in the back yard so I decided to clean out all the crap in the house. SO cleaning the attic and my room out this morning. Then going shopping for my son's birthday presents this afternoon and when I get home going to concentrate on homework.

I've been sick for 2 weeks now. If I am not better I'm going to call the doctor since I finally have insurance. I have to call my doctor for my meds on Monday to. I need to be seen.

Still can't get back into exercising. Its either I'm to tired from being at school 6 hours a day or I don't feel good or my moods are just plain crappy and I don't want to do anything. Plus the emotional and bored eating isn't helping.

I think I've let school take first priority and I haven't been making time to do anything else.

I have to get a schedule going where I have time for other things....

Its rainy and blah today so have to get motivated and get moving.

Have a good Saturday all...
Old 10-03-2009, 07:22 PM   #17  

HI everyone....

Leenie how old is your dd now? I sent my oldest off to post secondary in the fall and my little one is in grade 6. Work is much more settled these days and I am loving the unusually warm fall in these parts.

Been doing the stairs at work and packing a lunch....need to work on the water.

Have missed you all
Old 10-03-2009, 09:23 PM   #18  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

lostbutstilltrying, how did your day end? I had a dark day last Tuesday, and I was so lucky it was only one day. I hope yours was only today and that you wake up better tomorrow

hello to everyone else too!

I feel hopeful that I'm starting with my Happy Light already.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:08 PM   #19  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Hi ladies,

to all that need them. Looks like there's a few that do.

Sorry I'm not posting much or doing personals. I'm just exhausted from school, work, dh's surgery, and the stress with our pets. We still have both of them but they are separted. I think I did ok on my test this morning then I had to close at work tonight. I'm just ready for bed. Hope you all have a great sunday. I'll check back after work tomorrow.

Liz- good job on taking steps in the right direction, and good to see you again. You were still posting off and on when I joined the group.

Last edited by hope4me; 10-03-2009 at 11:10 PM.
Old 10-04-2009, 06:36 AM   #20  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

good morning chicks hopeforme, I hope you got a good nights rest.

I am so encouraged that even though the mornings are SO dark, I can get up and not be grumpy and bad-natured as I think I usually am from October to April I hope this good streak continues nonstop! In my favor I always always take my med (Wellbutrin) I have been using my light box for a couple weeks now, and I try to do at least 4 workouts a week, even better if I can get to 6 a week.

I hope everyone has a good day

Last edited by VermontMom; 10-04-2009 at 06:36 AM.
Old 10-04-2009, 10:25 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 162/155/115

Morning Ladies,

Hope everyone is having a good Sunday.

Hope ~ At some point it will get easier. At least that's what I keep telling myself. I'm sure you did good on your test. It is stressful and exhausting with all that going on.

Finally got a walk in although it was only 30 minutes. Now I just have to focus on eating right. But I do feel a little better and a little motivated to do the things I have to today.

I also write myself a to do list... for everything I want to do today. Hopefully it helps. If it works I might make it an everyday thing.
Old 10-04-2009, 11:18 AM   #22  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good morning,

What a lovely fall day

Hope hang in there sweetems

Holly sounds like your plan is a good one... keep it up chickie

Purefire boy I hear ya on the exercise... tired is my middle name.

Liz.. wow, the kids are getting big. DD is in 3rd grade and doing great (ty). Good for you for taking stairs and packing lunch.. I am also doing the same. Even the salad bar at work was killing me. They give you one low fat dressing that was so gross it made you gag. So now (duh me) I'm bringing my own.

Well I'd love to spend all day here but I can't, laundry, lunch, cleaning is calling and I'll kick myself if I don't get it done today.

Toodles.
Old 10-04-2009, 06:40 PM   #23  
starting over again

S/C/G: 361/334/180

Height: 5'5"

Red face thanks for the hugs and thoughts, I cherish them!

thanks for hugs and thoughts from everyone! I really, really mean it!!!!

I stayed down most of the day yesterday, it was weird because I did everything I usually do to fight the blues, I got up, put on nice clothes, got out of the house, got around nice people and talked to them, I walked the dog even though I really didn't want to, treated myself to a healthy and yummy lunch, but all day long I could hardly even look up from the ground, and make eye contact and I felt numb, joyless and like I was in a dark room

- it finally passed when I was at party with DH, even though I hardly knew anyone there - and they were all younger, thinner, and way more professionally successful than me ( and a couple were down right rude to me!) it was a sitch that would normally drive me down down down!....... but around 9pm, the "blues" just sort of popped like a balloon, and it was over..... it just goes to show that you can't really control the downs.... they come and they last for as long as they last, - you can give in and get them to stay, or you can just try your best to go on with your life and eventually they will pass
Old 10-04-2009, 11:47 PM   #24  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Wow, I'm so impressed with everyone's effort to fight this depression thing! Good for you guys not just curling up in bed and hiding which I know is tempting. Very inspiring. Going to a party, getting out of the house, and all the exercising, again I'm impressed.

Purefire, how did the to-do list workout? I need to do the same and work in studying daily.

See you guys tomorrow.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:16 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

Welcome to all the newbies hopefully there will be more action in here. I either check it constantly or I dont check for weeks. It bums me out where theres no action when I check time again...SOOO its nice to see action!!

I am still sick. I just found this site FlyLady and she talks about how to take care of your house and not live on a guilt trip. It is actually really good. She says keeping a shinny sink to wake up to starts the day out better. She also says to do babysteps in routines start with the shinny sink and getting dressed every morning WITH SHOES...says it will make you feel better about yourself. So I am willing to give it a shot....
This weather is killing me even though I did take the kids down to the park friday to play before nap time then to a soccer game sat. I have found if I keep the kids busy and give them things to do constantly it keeps them outta stuff and I am less aggrivated when my dh comes home. My 2 and 3 yr old love to get into EVERYTHING when I am trying to teach the boys school. SO I am trying to use the computer and movies to occupy them...we will see!!

thats bout it Im tired going to bed NIGHT!!
Old 10-05-2009, 10:20 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 232/tick/150

Height: 5'8"

WOW! A lot has been going on here since I left on Thursday! Ok... I had to take noteson what everyone wrote so I could remember what to say... haha. Let's see if I get it all...

VermontMom, DuckyChick, & Justdoit66 - WELCOME! This is a great place, if I do say so myself! Hopefully you can find what you need to keep you happy and on the wagon.

Hope - Glad everyone is doing well. I say again, I think when things settle down you need a "you" day or two.

Pure - Glad school is going well, but you do need to make you tim e- otherwise you'll burn out. (Haha, do as I say not as I do! I'm not very good at this myself, and boy does it show!) Even short walks help.

Mom - Living on a guilt trip? Sounds familiar! I want to go home adn sleep after PT tonight, but I'll be cleaning the kitchen instead...

Lost - glad to see you're starting to feel better.

Leenie, liz

Heather & Bud - Where'd ya go?

As for me I'm tried and far too stressed. I pretty much had a panic attack yesterday over NOTHING. I so wanted to call out today, but everyone knew I was going to Alumni weekend this weekend. Hmmm... I wonder what it would have looked like if I called out. Oh well. My door is shut and I have the sound track to Stardust on. Hopefully that will keep me calm.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:51 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

mar-yeah guilt trips suck....

having such a crappy day already...wanting to go to bed and sleep...Whats really sad is I havent taken my meds and I know the up and down is from that but i dont know what my problem is....Ughhh...ok write more later....thanks guys!!
Old 10-05-2009, 11:17 AM   #28  
Shrinkin' Salsa :P

S/C/G: 127/122/72 (kg)

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone,

beginning of a new month - can't believe nine months of the year are gone already! Bah.

My uncle died over the weekend and I'm dealing with the grief. I can't go to his funeral (he lived on the other side of the world), so I'm having to mourn in a different way. It's hard. Still, I'm trying to keep doing what I do each day (though I took today off work), even though I don't feel like it. I figure he wouldn't want me to crumple up and become disfunctional again. Besides, since I started really working on myself in July, I've come so far and I don't want to undo that.

That's really what's uppermost in my mind right now, along with thinking of and praying for my aunt. I spoke to her earlier today and she's so upset. They were so much in love - if I get married I hope my marriage will be even a tenth of theirs.

I hope everyone here is keeping on keeping on too...
Old 10-05-2009, 12:54 PM   #29  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Afternoon,

This forum surly has its ups and downs... but thats the way it goes. I'm just glad everyone comes back when they are feeling up to it

Salsa I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle Just remember there are lots of grieving places/churches you can go to if the feeling gets overwhelming. I agree, your uncle wouldn't want you to fall apart, so take advantage of those places if you need to... and of course we are here for you too.

LBST - wow girl, your incredible. It takes so much strength to do what you did and then to realize when that feeling ended takes a lot.. yeah you !!! I'm sorry those people at the party were mean to you wth? I only go to parties with my family or for my DD when she's invited to a class party (which I've been snubbed at those parties as well because I don't fit in with the stay a home mom's I guess). Its not easy but you know who's the better person at these things

Mom.. guilt hmmmmmmmmm yep I think I live it 24/7.

Marbear how was your weekend? I know you were worried sick about going.

Hope see you tomorrow.

Pure, Holly, Liz hope you chickies are having a great Monday.

Roll call we miss you chickies Buddly, Judo, Heather, Hydra, Ravengirl, Ambrosia, Ryanne, Oogi, Noel, Mary, Claudia.... hope I didn't miss anyone
Old 10-05-2009, 02:30 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 232/tick/150

Height: 5'8"

Leenie - Trip was good thanks I gave myself 1 "bad" as part of my pre-trip plan, and that's what I stuck to. I had pizza, and voila! Scale is up 2lbs! I realize it's water from all the salt (hard to monitor sodium when eating out for 2 days straight), but still discouraging, as I REALLY had to hold my ground not to eat yummy poasta, ice cream, and wine. Oh Wine. I love wine.

Salsa - I'm very sorry for your loss.

Mom - GO TAKE YOUR MEDS... and have a better day!
Closed Thread