Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 01:47 PM   #61  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 196/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Hey Chickies!

I only have a few minutes today because...I AM GOING TO EXERCISE CLASS!!! Finally! Actually, I am going to try Power Pump and then possibly do a yoga class as well...nothing like throwing yourself back into the thick of it right? Things are going pretty good except for the weight gain...having trouble sticking with the no sugar life...have slipped back in...been eating way too much and I am simply refusing to get on the scale right now...I know it is ugly and I am just not going to suck my hope out of my life right now...

Hope...big hugs girlie...I am sending much positive energy your way for your DH...

Mom...your life makes me tired just reading about it...hang in there girl...

To all the other lovelies have a fabulous day!!!

luv luv everybody!!!

Raven
Old 09-22-2009, 10:55 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Soooo thyroid test came back fine...reason for my appointment was stated as overweight..its very depressing seein that wrote on the dr stuff...

Silly me I said I would play in an alumni soccer game at the end of oct. They needed girls and so I dont know why but i said yeah!! I guess i figured that would MAKE me work out...ugh what did I do??

I didnt get alot accomplished I had to send dh and ds to soccer practice while I went with the others to drama practice...had to teach the rest of the song for sunday!! It went ok but I was very snappy but I didnt feel well all day!

Have a VERY VERY messy house...Hours to clean minutes to trash!! But I really am not into cleaning it right now...Kinda pooped from the day... but it all starts again tomorrow..

Ok thats bout it
raven-have a good day, have fun with all your physical activities wish I could jump in there like that!!
Old 09-23-2009, 02:31 PM   #63  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Quick update...Dh had his surgery this morning. It went great and things look good. Thanks to everyone for their prayers and well wishes. I'm just home on a quick break to let the dogs out. I haven't even seen him yet. I'm getting ready to head back to the hospital now. Check in later.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:39 PM   #64  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hope I'm so happy for you all. Here's to a speedy gentle recovery for your DH.

FYI !!!

I will be traveling in the next few days, so if you need any assistance please do not hesitate to contact any of the other mods, or super mods Jennifer / Suzanne 3FC's.

and have a great weekend ladies.

Love yah !!

Last edited by Leenie; 09-24-2009 at 04:21 AM.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:43 AM   #65  
Starting Again

Just got home for the night from the hospital. Dh has a major headache which is no surprise. I would have stayed if I wasn't dealing with dogs here at home. I guess a good night's sleep in my own bed wouldn't hurt though. Hope you are all well. I am reading but haven't had time to do personals. Love you gals though!

Night, night...
Old 09-24-2009, 03:04 AM   #66  

Height: 5'6"

Hope, I am so happy that the surgery went well. prayers for a speedy recovery as well.

Leenie have a safe trip.

Hi Liz! welcome back! How have you been doing?

Raven congrats on getting back into the exercise groove!

marbear those are great b/p numbers!! Hope you are feeling better and aren't catching the colds that seem to be hitting every where.

Mom how are things going? I hope you get a few minutes just for you out of your over packed schedule!

Noell How are things?

Well I'm finally starting to feel better, at least I don't need medicine to breath, always a good thing. We had such a beautiful day today, really warm and breezy, I am so glad I met up with my friend and went for a good long walk. And I really savoured it as they are calling for showers or flurries on Monday, depending on the temps, ewww.
I have to smarten up and get organized as my mom and I are planning on leaving town for a week on Saturday. Head down to her old home town as she hasn't been there since she moved here four years ago. She feels like she is in a rut so we figure a little road trip will do us both good.

So take care everyone,
K
Old 09-24-2009, 08:07 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 162/155/115

Morning Ladies

Things have been kinda hectic here. I started going back to school last week and I am still getting use to it.
Diet is completely horrible.

Getting back into a schedule and trying to fit everything in.

Longer post coming later.
Old 09-25-2009, 12:47 AM   #68  

hope-glad surgery went ok...hope you get sum rest!!

Eventful day...busted teen smoking before school again, pharmacy was slow filling script for dh so i suffered for it because he had to do the boys school while I went to the store and I wasnt back when he wanted..i literally broke down while i was cooking him food. I had myself so worked up i didnt eat... then drama practice went well, got some cleaning done, working on laundry, and gonna put a movie on....
trying to leave on a retreat for the weekend!
Old 09-25-2009, 11:51 PM   #69  
Starting Again

hi girls,

Mom, you need to take it easy on yourself, it's not your fault the pharmacy is slow. Your husband needs to realize that too. It's not going to kill him to help with school. I can't imagine doing all that you do.

Buddly, glad to hear you are feeling better. I know it's been a long road for you in getting the meds right.

Purefire, I hear you on the school thing and getting everything scheduled and done. My eating sucks.

Liz, I'm glad your back. I remember seeing you when I first started posting here. How are you doing this week.

Dh is getting to come home tomorrow. He is doing so well and I'm relieved. I will pick him up after my class in the morning. I can't wait. It has been a long and strange week. I feel so lucky ( though I complain too much), that I have the good things in life that I do. Other people are going through so much worse it seems like. I need to count my blessings more.

night night
Old 09-26-2009, 08:56 AM   #70  
Onederland - Gotcha

S/C/G: 252/180/178

Height: 5'9"

Hi, jumping back in here. I have had an interesting September....lots of stress, good and bad. I am looking forward to October, lots of family birthdays and Halloween, my favorite holiday!

I had recent pdoc and reg doc visits and they were both very pleased that I have lost weight. My regular doc wants me to shoot for 160....I agreed to 180 and then re-evaluate at that time. My pdoc upped my lithium, reduced my risperdal and kept the lexapro the same. I am feeling very hyper and up and although I am concerned about that I feel good overall.

I am working on mindfulness techniques with my therapist and I am not quite sure how to apply them to my weight loss journey. I have been sticking on plan with only one bad binge this month, I forgave myself and moved on.

Have a good weekend everyone!!!!!
Old 09-26-2009, 09:58 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 232/tick/150

Height: 5'8"

Hope - Glad the DH is doing well! I think once he get setles home you deserve a relaxing "you" day.

Mom - Sorry the teenager and your DH are stressing you out I'm glad the rest of your day went well though.

Bud - Glad you're feeling better.

Pure - Where's our longer post?!? Haha hope everything is going well with you.

I had a nt so good day yesterday. I have shin splints (maybe stress fratures) and I feel into the "great I'm so fat I' breaking my bones" mood. Ooof. Not good. Plus money is really frustrating me. I start student teahing in the spring, so money right now is a concern beause I won't be working in the Spring. (Student teaching is an unpaid internship). Blah.

My ladies, have a reat day! It looks to be a beautiful Saturday in ME, hope the sun is shining everywhere else.
Old 09-26-2009, 10:05 PM   #72  
Starting Again

Marbear, nope, rainy and dreary here. I like rainy days though. Money is always an issue for me too. That's why I'm going back to school as well.

Hydra, it's good to have you back. Getting your meds right can be a challenge. Good for you in forgiving yourself for a slip. That's half the battle.

Dh is home but having a hard time getting comfy to sleep. He still has to be propped up. I have to go back to work tomorrow but I will come home to check on him at lunch. It's been a long week.

I need to get back on the exercise wagon. I've been stuffing myself all week and feel very fat.

Hope you are all having a good weekend.

Last edited by hope4me; 09-26-2009 at 10:09 PM.
Old 09-27-2009, 02:33 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 162/155/115

Hello Ladies

I started school on Sept 14th and its been really hectic. I'm still trying to get back into the whole being back to school after 12 years. Going on week 3 and I already have midterms which start tomorrow. I've been driving myself crazy and doing things like I never did in high school, note taking, flash cards... so. So far I seem to be doing ok and have been getting very good grades on all the quizzes I've been taking. But I keep reminding myself that this is a positive goal and I 9 months I will have my certificate for a great job and if I want I can continue school for an even better job.

My diet has been straight up terrible. I hit a weight I haven't seen in 7 years. So I am not happy with myself on that end. I've been eating really poorly and I haven't been exercising at all. I haven't gotten on the scale in over a week I just don't want to see the results.

Thru unemployment I finally have insurance again. Which is good because I need to go to the doctor and have something done about my meds. They are working but then at the same time they are not working. I want to stay on what I am on but what to be put on something else.

Plus I have been sick with a nasty cold for the last week so its been really hard to do anything.

I guess I am done with my little ramble.. Have a wonderful Sunday Ladies
Old 09-28-2009, 12:23 PM   #74  
Starting Again

Marbear, how are the knees felling?

Purefire, how did school go today? Do you go everyday?

Heather, what about school for you? How are things?

Mom, how did the weekend go?

Gotta close at work tonight so getting ready to go in. Miss seeing everybody daily...
Old 09-28-2009, 12:25 PM   #75  

Was a good weekend...Rainy and dreary today, but the kids slept in. After I killed myself getting everything done friday all I come home to a messy house again...I hate clothes stacked up and instead of just folding them for me he just kept piling them on a clothes basket not even in their own basket...UGHHHHHHHHHH

I need to go clean and get clothes done and kids lunch...so much to do!!
Closed Thread