Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-19-2009, 03:58 PM   #1  
touchmytoes

Default Magic wand any one please?

ive lost a bit of weight, i look much better, i feel better ive changed my lifestyle to make myself feel a whole lot better but on a day like today..all that means nothing.

We got married, I miscarried when we got back from our honeymoon i had no idea i was pregnant, thought it was down to stress all the feelings i was getting.

But losing the first sent me into baby making mode..i was like a machine temperature, sticks in the morning, blah blah blah...come the xmas of that year i was pregnant again tested early on the friday lost it again by the following afternoon.

pregnant again by april lost it again, pregnant again in august the next year lost it again and then finally this year pregnant in feb lost it again...yup 5 lost in 2 years.

Now I cant seem to catch full stop, I use a fertility monitor to tell me when im ovulating, and alot of action takes place around that week but still nothing.
Having tests done for pcso's which is a little grueling.

The reason for posting this is im feeling so damned low, nearly all my mates are pregnant...one who doesnt even want it, the rest werent even trying..its so hard...there is only so many times i can moan about this before its old news...when i was in school I would always say that id have a baby by the time im 26, well 27 is fast approaching and still nothing. looking good, losing weight means nothing to me at the moment.

im desperate, I even read an article in a magazine about a business in europe that basically is a baby making facility 17k but its the stark reality of me even considering this that upsets me more than you could imagine.
If one more person tells me that they are pregnant that i know i think il go nuts...not out of jealousy its not that its just so painful...the most natural thing that a woman is supposed to do and i cant do it...and have no control.

what the heck do you do eh?
Old 07-19-2009, 06:14 PM   #2  
To Maintenance-AND BEYOND

S/C/G: 252/ticker/189

Height: 5'2"

Have you talked to your doctor? A gynecologist?

And have you dealt with why the first miscarriage made it matter so very much to you so quickly?

Make sure you're taking care of your mental health before you work a baby into the mix.

Good luck to you.
Eumie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 06:26 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 210

Height: 5ft7in

Absolutely! Make sure you are ok mentally then delve into the problem of why you haven't yet carried a pregnancy full term. Talk to your doctor and get yourself tested. If something says you can't have a baby then love yourself anyway, you are the most important not your babymaking abilities.
Once you have dealt with this, consider adoption or even fostering children, there are millions of children out there who need nurturing. Good luck with this hon, since you wish it so badly I pray that you will indeed be blessed!
Pixiesue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 12:13 PM   #4  
touchmytoes

been having investigations since losing the 3rd one, they found nothing after the routine investigations for recurrent miscarriages and tested my husband too, then after the 4th they referred me to a hospital in London with good success rates and care, we are at the end of that now and go for results at end of month, whilst waiting for tests i lost the last one.

im a real grounded person, i wouldnt say that im losing it so to speak but its one thing that you cannot do anything about and im exhausted.
some days im fine, others not so much ...

it will happen one way or the other, its just hard when you look back on the last two years and there has been so much sadness, mixed with good times too though ...
Old 07-20-2009, 02:08 PM   #5  
Slow and Steady

Height: 5' 9"

Firstly, I'm so sorry to hear about your miscarriages.
Just wanted to share something that maybe you haven't looked into yet.

I have a thyroid condition, and was informed that when I wanted to get pregnant, I'd have to let my endocrinologist know. Apparently, women with Thyroid disorders also have a high rate of miscarriage. I know my mom who had a thyroid issue, had 3 or 4 miscarriages prior to carrying me & my sisters to term. Also, thyroid conditions are linked with depression.

I attached a link but i don't have enough posts to show it (sorry) so just google "thyroid & miscarriage" or "thyroid & depression" and a bunch of articles will come up. If you need anything, you can pm me. xoxo

Last edited by AbbySinthe; 07-20-2009 at 02:08 PM.
AbbySinthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 05:07 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 170

Height: 6'2"

Default Your time will come

Hi, I am new in the forum. I am seventy years young, but my eldest is 32 ..she was born when I was 39 and my wife 32, and Rachel came after several miscarriages. I urge you to keep concentrating on living your life, staying fit, and let the babies take care of themselves. Your time is bound to come, believe me. I am Alan the weight wise man
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 02:44 AM   #7  

Height: 6-1.5

How tall are you I don't see that anywhere on your profile. Are you too tall for that 119 weight you are trying to get to For a 119 girl trying to get pregnant I would say you woud be in the 5-3 or 5-6 height. If you are taller, do you think you are underweight? I think I read that if your body is not ready to carry children, you won't get pregnant. Too thin girls won't even have their periods, let alone get pregnant. Are you dieting when you should not be? In other words to skinny to have children? 119 is pretty skinny (to my eye). You would need to be a very slight girl to be that light. Believe me you need to have a bit of fat to have children. Talk to your doctor or a nutritionaist about this but I really think dieting (trying to lose 20 pounds) at the same time you are trying to have kids might be a problem. Fat is very important to both feeding babies and the hormone estrogyn. Sorry if you are trying to diet, but if you want babies, you possiby need to gain a little weight and worry about losing it later. Good luck

Last edited by giselley; 07-28-2009 at 02:46 AM.
giselley is offline   Reply With Quote