Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 06-19-2009, 01:14 AM   #16  
The Best is Yet to Come!

S/C/G: 235/220/140

Height: 5'3

Thumbs up

Hey guys and nice to meet you...

Well I got off track and just slept the day away... Yesterday, however, I was feeling better and got the personal hygiene done, cleaned out my closet mostly but still have some to do, cooked some homemade soup but it took me 2 days to cook it (heavy sigh), and went to the grocery store with my daughter and made spaghetti so that she would have something to eat. The only problem is that at 13 if I don't make her plate, she won't fix it herself...she will eat sandwiches or noodles or something... It was a good day to say the least...I have those occasionally and I'm always surprised by them but thankful!!!

My dd has chores so that helps to keep the house clean. I also made her clean out her room and bag things up so that goodwill can pick everything up on Friday.

Sounds like a great site but if there are lots of emails that would be too much of a challenge right now...

Hope everyone is feeling better than I was today... Hoping for a better tomorrow!

Faith

Last edited by ohfaithful; 06-19-2009 at 01:16 AM.
ohfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 08:50 AM   #17  

Height: 4'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoblewis View Post
Its funny how the rest of the house can be clean, but everything slowly migrates to the garage or my bedroom. And they look like dumping grounds! I don't like to live like this, but I get to a certain point in the day and I'm too mentally tired to make myself do one more thing.

Georgia
Ha, that's true of our house too. The whole house is clean except my room. Gonna clean it today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohfaithful View Post
Hey guys and nice to meet you...

Well I got off track and just slept the day away... Yesterday, however, I was feeling better and got the personal hygiene done, cleaned out my closet mostly but still have some to do, cooked some homemade soup but it took me 2 days to cook it (heavy sigh), and went to the grocery store with my daughter and made spaghetti so that she would have something to eat. The only problem is that at 13 if I don't make her plate, she won't fix it herself...she will eat sandwiches or noodles or something... It was a good day to say the least...I have those occasionally and I'm always surprised by them but thankful!!!

My dd has chores so that helps to keep the house clean. I also made her clean out her room and bag things up so that goodwill can pick everything up on Friday.

Sounds like a great site but if there are lots of emails that would be too much of a challenge right now...

Hope everyone is feeling better than I was today... Hoping for a better tomorrow!

Faith
I've slept the day away too. It sounds like you're making good progress though! Baby steps, right?

My kids have chores too. I have three, and they each do a load of laundry a week, and one is paired with my husband or me each night for cleaning up the kitchen after dinner.

Also, I give them their allowance for the month in one dollar bills, but they don't get to spend any of it until the end of the month because if they leave a mess and don't clean it up, they have to put a dollar in the house fund. My son who's the youngest is usually best about hanging on to his money, go figure!

OK, off to brush my teeth, wash my face and walk the dog.

How are you guys at eating breakfast?

Last edited by thinpossible; 06-19-2009 at 08:52 AM.
thinpossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 10:19 PM   #18  
The Best is Yet to Come!

Hey Thin...well I forgot to mention my room is the worst in the house lol... I'm still working on finishing the spring cleaning...heavy sigh!

As far as breakfast...well I honestly wasn't eating and would not eat anything until around noon. Now I'm trying to get in at least 3 meals a day and a snack...today I managed that so I'm proud of myself. Although, I didn't count the calories so I'm uncertain as to how many I had... Right now I'm just trying to get the routine down, clean foods, and starting Monday will start charting everything in Fitday.

Tomorrow I would like to do so gardening so we will see...and finish the bedroom lol!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Faith
Old 06-22-2009, 01:50 PM   #19  

Got the house cleaned before we left for the weekend. Ahhhh! Feels good to come home to a clean house. This morning I started tackling financial stuff with our accountant. Ugh, I hate that junk and it feels so good to have gotten it out of the way!
Old 06-22-2009, 04:59 PM   #20  
The Best is Yet to Come!

Congrats on cleaning the house! I went to the zoo yesterday...boy I looked in the mirror (don't do that much) and looked like a hippo! I've got to buckle down and lose some weight because I look like humpty dumpty...heavy sigh!

TJ
Old 06-23-2009, 11:03 AM   #21  

Today is not good. I couldn't go to sleep last night, and I'm tired today. I have some stuff that I don't want to do, and I must get it done. Not a good combination with fatigue. Here's what I'm going to do: make a list of 6 things I need to get done today, and do them. Right now I'm going to go take a shower, even though I just want to sit here like a lump.

____________________________________________EDIT__ ___________________________________________
I don't want to post a new reply because it will move this thread to the top of the forum, and I don't want to bore y'all with the silly problems I have trying to function normally So I think I'll just update in this same place b/c edits don't count' as a new post.

Anyway Its. Weds. 6-24 and I'm doing pretty well. Got a lot of stuff on my to do list done, and haven't sat around on my bootie. Got a shower this morning too

Last edited by thinpossible; 06-24-2009 at 06:28 PM.