sad news

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • Debbie..
    I'm so sorry to hear about your husband! I rarely post here; but I still read the threads every day, and I'd just been wondering how you were. My prayers are with you.
  • My father died fairly suddenly (a fast decline over a week) when his lung cancer moved to his brain so, just to let you know, I am so sorry for your loss. He was my father and my best friend. It's horrible. I hope you will eventually be ok.
  • I am sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
  • So sorry about your loss.
  • I'm so sorry for your loss.
  • I am so sorry. Hug cherished memories close to you and share them with your family. You and yours will be in my thoughts and prayers.
  • Debbie,

So sorry to hear of your loss, altho now he is at peace and pain free. May God Bless you with a happy, peaceful heart and what a great guardian angel you have now.
  • Debbie,

I haven't been posting much either but I just saw this news and had to lend my voice to all the rest... I am so very sorry for your loss...if it had to be at all, at least he didn't have to suffer and that is something to hold on to. It is always the people left behind that suffer the most. I am so sorry...
  • Debbie - I am so very sorry for the loss of your dear hubby! I am praying for you and your family!
    hugs & prayers,
    Cathy
  • Debbie,

I've thought of you so often and wondered how things were going. I'm so sorry to hear the news. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Sounds like he had everything any of us can hope for in the end, a loving family by his side. I hope you keep in touch with all of us in the weekly chat. We miss you there so please lean on us all you need to.

Take care sweetie.
  • Debbie, so very sorry for your loss.

• Oh Debbie, I am SO sorry - please stay with us so we can support you through this difficult time.

You are so often in my thoughts -
    Heather x
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. Please keep posting so we can support you!
  • Thank you for all of the kind words, caring & concern everyone. As hard as it is dealing with the aftermath of the will, accounts, mortgage, pensions/insurance, etc... it is keeping me busy. My 21 year old daughter has been here all week and I will take her back to the city where she lives (2.5 hours away) tomorrow.. if we can find someone to tend our dog.

Never rains.... it pours.... We took the dog (hub's walking partner; our 10 1/2 year old male German Shep) to the vet on Tuesday for his kennel cough shot and to get a broken toenail tended to. Seems it wasn't broken, but in fact was abnormal because there was a tumour in the paw. They had to amputate one of his toes on his front paw. We will get the results early next week, but they are pretty sure it's bone cancer. (My husband had a blood cancer which is directly related to the bone marrow). How ironic.

I will peek in now and then. Over the next while, and as things slow down, I will be posting in chickchat, I'm sure. I have quite a stack of thank you cards to take care of, and I haven't even begun to open all of the cards that people brought to the service and have come in the mail to the house.. there are hundreds.. the funeral director told me that over 725 people attended... a real tribute to my husband and the people he impacted.

Thanks so much again, everyone.

Debbie