May Chick Chat - 2009 Come Join Us ((hug))

You're on Page 2 of 6
Go to
  • BIG BIG BIG Hope. I sure your kitty comes home soon.
  • Hi Girls,

Lets just take it one meal / day at a time.. be good to yourself

Leenie
  • Oh Hope you must be so worried! Thinking of you.

Kicking my *** into gear now - this last twenty pounds will never come off otherwise... have set my alarm for 5am to ru BEFORE breakfast - I hear it boosts the metabolism. I suspect I'll be asleep by noon!

How you doing, chickies??

Heather
  • Thank you all for the well wishes for my kitty. I haven't given up on him yet.

I was off today and wasted most of it sleeping. It was great don't get me wrong but dang, I want some more time. I ended up getting my mom a gift card to a restaurant since I can't be there to take her out. That's about the only thing I did accomplish.

Well, night night all.
  • Where is everybody today? It was kinda a long day at work and I'm tired. I need to get up early and get a bday cake for a co-worker. It usually takes something like dynamite to make me get up early.

miss you all...
  • I'm here Hope4me but barely! I'm so tired. I had my 1st psychologist appointment today. I find the whole process kind of scary but hopefully it will help even though she probably thinks I'm crazy! Then later this evening I went to a zumba class so I know I'm going to be sore tomorrow. How is everyone else doing? Have a good weekend to all of you chicks if I don't get a chance to post later...I can no longer procrastinate my massive loads of laundry and the dreadful closet cleaning!
  • I'm here - struggling with stuff. One of these days I'm going to have to sort this head of mine out and stop struggling and just get on with it all!

• Hi everyone
    11 days into my new antidepressant.I am not sure if this is going to be the one for me.It certainly has not given me any more energy.But maybe its too early to tell.We will see.Have a great weekend all.
  • So I thought I was getting up early to get the cake but then I realized I had hit snooze too many times. I had to get it at lunch.

I rushed home after work and got the yard mowed. We've had rain all week and the poor little dogs are fighting a jungle just to go potty. Tomorrow a couple of us from work are going to a coworker's house and mowing his yard and doing some cleaning. His wife has lung cancer and he is overwhelmed. Poor guy, he has lost 25 lbs and looks sick himself.

I actually get Sunday off this week! I never get a weekend day off. Wonder what's up?

What are y'all doing this weekend?

Hugs to those who are struggling.
  • Hi gang:

The scale isn't moving much at all, and I have to keep reminding myself that I AM doing this. I got my butt kicked in a yoga class this week, doing stuff that would have been cake for me in the fall. Sometimes that motivates me, and sometimes it knocks me down a bit.

I'm struggling with other stuff too right now... I don't feel like posting about it, though, but could use any extra hugs you all have to spare.

Hope - lol about your lawn. I have been putting off mowing my lawn due to rain so long that my mower won't manage it anymore! I'm going to have to borrow something heavier-duty.

Have a beautiful weekend everyone. Passing on hugs for my fellow strugglers.

A
  • Hi Everybody!
    Hi All!!

How is everybody doing???? I hope well!!!!

Hi Leenie and your right on that one.

Hi Heather. I need to get my behind into gear as well!!

Hope -- sorry no kitty yet, but yes do not give up on him. I remember that we had a cat when I was a kid and he left for a long time and he came back one day like he'd only been gone a couple of hours!! Sorry to hear about your coworker! He is lucky to have such wonderful people to work with such as you all that care enough to come and help out!

Hi Amarie -- I have been struggling too lately, just no motivation, at least with exercise. I did get my behind motivated and got my home office all unpacked and organized!!

Hi to everybody out there in "Lurkland" Feel free to come in and say Hello!!! We'd love to here from you!!!

Good news, #1 my Home Office is all done!! (we moved into our house in March) Good news #2: while finishing up my office, I found the Angels & Demons by Dan Brown, so I can have that to read after I get done with this last Twilight book.

Well DH has been walking several miles at work and not just the total of what he walks all night long, him and his coworker have been walking He said they did 8 miles lastnight. Which I am very proud of, but now I feel like a huge giant slob. I need to get it in gear I guess. We still have the treadmill at my inlaws that my fil is giving us, which is a really nice one, but it is HUGE and it does not fold up. Guess I shouldn't complain if its free, right? But I need to get into gear...........Feel like a slug, just slugging along.............. Oh well just gotta get out there and do it.............

We went to Indiana unexpectedly on Thursday. My mil wanted a cement goose for Mothers Day, we called all over in our area, nobody had them. So I remembered a little place in Indiana, where I am from, where my parents got me some things and figured since it was more of a rural area, that they probably would have them. So I called up my mom and she looked up the number and DH called and she said that they had a lot of them and they were only $16 each! So we drove out there and got that and an angel statue for my mom. So we met up with my mother and man is she SKINNY! I mean my mom has always been thin, but dang! I told her she needed to put on some pounds!! lol. Too bad I don't get my body shape from her or my father. Oh no................I have to be the big fattie...............I mean my mom's family, besides her and her younger brother are all "bigger" people, but still, why couldn't have I gotten that gene that I could be thin no matter what??? I know, I know enough whining!!! HA!

But I am going to get her on May 20th after I come home from work that morning and get me some Zzzz's........I am also getting my hair highlighted at her hairdressers while I am out there. It is in bad need for it right now. I am thinking of not doing the blonde, it is so much maintenance for people with darker hair. But I have received SO many compliments on it..............Hard decision. lol.

Well I guess I should go now.......I'm sure if anybody has read through this whole thing they are starting to fall asleep now. lol.

• Day four on plan. Just need to keep going - hang in there, chickies!

Heather
  • Just wanted to pop in and wish everybody a Very Happy Mothers Day!!!

Heather -- WTG!!

I was really really down yesterday evening. But after I got some sleep I feel much better. I think its honestly my hormones all out of whack. I hope you all are doing well!

• HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL THE MOMMIES (of the 2 legged and 4 legged variety!)

Big Amarie!

Way to go Heather!

Sassy, glad your house is coming along. Sorry you been up and down lately. It's always a battle.

I was off today and got a few things done around the house but not nearly what I wanted. It is really frustrating. I feel like I just can't get it together with the housework lately.

Have a great week ladies.
  • I hope you ladies had a great Mother's Day. I'm back and the laundry monster is under control lol!

-Amarie...keep at it you'll get there!

-Sassy Chick that was so sweet of what you did for your mil! I'm glad you are enjoying your new house

-Congratulations for staying on plan Heather!

-Hope4me I can kind of relate...it seems like there's Always so much to do. I'm glad you got a little bit of time off this weekend

Howdy, howdy to everyone else!

I think the depression and other issues slow me down. This is my first day back on medication....I'm not going to let someone make me feel weird or guilty about it this time. I just know that's what I need to do right now.
    Take care