Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 04-20-2009, 07:52 AM   #1  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Default "That" time of year, feeling good , alot!

It is just a fact that I decline from November to mid-February; and from mid-February on then it just becomes easier for me to get up on time in the morning, work out daily, not spend my days off in bed; I can tackle small cleaning-up projects, much happier disposition, etc.

Going into November last year, I had HOPED things would be differerent as I had started WellbutrinXL earlier in the year, and had high hopes of it combating the SAD, along with use of my 'happy light'. But sad (haha) to say, things were almost the same. I didn't gain *quite* as much weight, 'just' 11 pounds.

Anyway, all I want to focus on now is that it is light out at 6:00 am, I am up and having my first cup of coffee by 6:20, I get my workout done by 9:00 am, and I am ready to tackle spring cleanup inside and out (I am very lucky to have 2 weeks off right now)

I look at my bed and think of how, without sounding like I'm exaggerating, it would "call" to me in the winter days, and I would just climb under the covers during the daytime, from 10:00 am til mid afternoon. Now it's abhorrent to me to even think of that. How weird is it how our perspective changes!!

If Spring/Summer are YOUR times to live, also, then I hope you are enjoying it as much as I am
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:09 AM   #2  
BOOM!

S/C/G: 176.6/130/130

Height: 5'2"

I have inverse SAD. I get depressed in the Spring and Summer so I am having a hard time right now and can't wait till Fall! It's like pulling teeth to get anything done.
prinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:17 AM   #3  
Biker Chick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prinny View Post
I have inverse SAD. I get depressed in the Spring and Summer so I am having a hard time right now and can't wait till Fall! It's like pulling teeth to get anything done.
oh gosh...I'm sorry to hear that..I hope you enjoyed your Fall/Winter..and I hope you can shake the hard time now
Old 04-20-2009, 08:19 AM   #4  
BOOM!

Thanks, yeah. My house is a mess and I need to find a way to not sleep all day.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:54 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Do you girls use a lightbox? I have found them to be a lot of help with SAD (and would think also for inverse)
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:34 AM   #6  
Biker Chick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking2lose View Post
Do you girls use a lightbox? I have found them to be a lot of help with SAD (and would think also for inverse)
Hi Claire Yes, I bought one last October and used it religiously, until about 2 weeks ago, when I felt I didn't need it anymore. I think it did help me some through the winter. Do you think there's any harm in using it now, when I seem to already get enough sunlight? For extra extra benefits?
Old 04-24-2009, 02:25 AM   #7  
BOOM!

How the heck is a lightbox supposed to help inverse SAD? Wait is there a DARK box? I sure could use one!
Old 05-06-2009, 01:33 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 225/178.5/135

Height: 5'3

I'm exactly the same. Nov - Feb is extremely depressing for me, and I actually feel anxiety just thinking about it. *shivers*

Here on the wet, grey, depressing West Coast, the weather sure gets to you.
Bumbleberry is offline   Reply With Quote