April 2009 - Chick Chat

You're on Page 5 of 6
Go to
  • Hope, it absolutely counts as exercise - and it IS hard work!! Bet your arms are sore today!

Leenie - great to see you! I'll be on my treadmill today, too!

How's everyone else?? After yesterday's heat, lots of rain today... which means more lawn mowing soon... see a pattern? Going to spend my day being kind of domestic, kind of lazy, kind of marking some essays...

Heather
  • Ok, I should have been on my treadmill (the elliptical) but I opted for a nap instead. Not the best decision for many reasons. I needed to get some stuff done around the house plus it's just going to make me want to nap tomorrow. I'm trying to fight the napping urge. I'm too young to need a nap on just an average day.

Tomorrow will be the third day of 90 degree weather. I think we'll finally cool down and get some rain thursday and friday. You know me, I like the dreary cool weather. I did enjoy having lunch outside and feeding the ducks and fish in a pond outside Panera's however.

Butterfly, did you enjoy your weekend? How are you feeling?

Heather, did you get all the essays graded?

Leenie, did you hit the treadmill today and pick up my slack?

Buddly, what's up with you?

Harrismm, how are you?

to all the chickies.
  • Morning!

It's Monday... not much else to say about that!

Yes, Hope, I did all my essays. AND hit the treadmill - gota take these productive days when they come - they don't come all that often!

Still plodding away - how ya'll doing??

Heather
  • G'morning Girls,

I'm ashamed to admit I didn't hit the treadmill, I started cleaning and doing laundry and forgot LOL, before I knew it ... it was 6 PM and I had to run and get the grocery shopping done LOL. Excuses excuses

Whats everyone up to today? its going to be 90 degrees today here... no complaints here.

• Happy Monday everyone!

So far I have not been very consistent in my attempts to get back on the wagon, or rather I've been consistently bad at them. In fact, I stepped on the scale this weekend and came face to face with a number I had never planned on seeing there again. Goodness! How fast it comes back.

So, new game-plan time. Anyone wanna help? So far, I think I've tried to get back too fast, and sort of set myself up for failure. New plan will start VERY small, with what I know. I will:

1) take my meds everyday at the same time every day
    2) write down everything I eat and record calories
    3) start walking the dogs again - no set schedule or expectation
    4) drink more water
    5) come here every am to fess up to y'all about how I did the day before (except maybe Friday because I have a morning class and usually sleep late.)

Ok, I gotta stop before I add anything else. Keep it simple, and all.

Actually, I bet the meds bit will have a big part of it. I've been pretty on and off with them, to the extent that I probably need to renormalize completely. Oh joy :P

Anywho, enough about me. Leenie - they're not excuses, they're errands You'll be back on that treadmill tomorrow, I know you! Heather for productive days. And way to go applying them well! Hope you just talked me out of a nap. Sorry the nap monster got you, but thanks for scarring it away for me!

Enjoy the weather those that have it - my sunshine has departed for another set of gray and cool days. Which are still mighty fine if I do say so myself.

Love you all!
  • Hello All
    Just back today from 5 days in Vegas.Eating went pretty good.Walked a lot so exercise was good!Gambling and alcohol consumption.....not so good!Glad to be back.Im too old for that crap anymore!LOL!!!
  • Try to find something you do at the same time every day and put the meds there. I check the weather and my e-mail every morning while getting ready for work, so I leave medications there. Weekends are a little harder, but I'm too plugged in to not check my e-mail every day. Sure, there's no messages, but I still feel the need to look! It takes a solid month to establish a good habit, I hear. Just keep doing what you can and keep on it without being too discouraged.

Now if only I could follow that advice myself and use the exercise bike as somthing other than a place to hang drying clothes.
  • Thanks Riceaholic! btw - love your screen name

How is everyone doing today? I drank lots of water yesterday, wrote down EVERYTHING I ate, and even took the pups for a 20 min walk. Going for day two (possibly sans walk as it is rainy today).

Wishing everyone the best of days!
    Amarie
  • I started a new antidepressant today.Its called Prestiq.My NP told me its the new Effexor.I am hoping it works for me.I have been on Wellbutrin in the past with no improvement in my mood plus weight gain.have a great day all.
  • Harrismm, hope the new meds work for you. I don't know much about that one. Let us know.

Good job Amarie! Sounds like you are off to a great start.

I'm off today and tomorrow and my goal is to get in a workout of some kind both days and get my house cleaned up. I'm off to a late start. I slept to 12 noon and then went to breakfast with dh. I need to run to the grocery store to pick up some salmon for dinner before he gets home around 8. Guess I better go huh?

Check in later.
  • Hey all.

I know I haven't been posting in here...........sorry.....

Haven't felt up to posting really............just feeling blue......

I hope you all are doing well.

• Hiya Sassy! I'm sorry you've been down, but Spring is just around the corner!

Harissmm - that one's new to me; I hope it works well for you! Keep us posted?

I did a-ok yesterday - got in about 30 min of walking and journalled well. I drank so much water that I spent a good part of the day in the bathroom!

How is everyone else doing?

• Hi Ladies, its a beautiful crisp day today, sure beats 90 degrees like we've been having...but even at 90, I'm not complaining. I love the summer.

Its so good to see you all

Leenie
  • Hi gang Hope everyone's having a good one!
  • Hey, you guys disappeared again!

I didn't get my workouts in like I wanted to on my days off. I won't make excuses but it just didn't happen. I got a few things done I needed to do but... blah. Time is just too short.

My kitty is missing. I haven't seen him since Monday night. I've searched for him and didn't see any animals on the side of the road. (He comes in and out of our doggy door. He is a stray that adopted us as his family. It's been about 2 years now I guess.) I called animal control and even went by there and they don't have him. I'm making posters tonight because I'm afraid somebody in the neighborhood has him. He is very friendly and will let anybody pet him. Maybe he is even at his original house, who knows. I know he was somebody's before because he has been fixed the vet told us. Anybody could have picked him up and taken him home. There are a lot of kids here too that would maybe do that. I hope that if they see the posters they will return him.

Hope you all have a good weekend!