Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 02-26-2009, 01:00 PM   #1  
No failure!!!

S/C/G: 265/240/175

Height: 5'10"

Default Depression

I have been struggling with depressing since I was a teenager. My mother and grandmothers all suffered also. I was raised thinking it was something I could control and if I couldn't it was shameful. I finally started taking medications and feel so much better. I have taken meds for almost 10 years, none of them affected my weight except effexxor, it has amitriptyline in it which makes you gain weight. I am still dealing with my depression and I am currently on wellbutrin.
nursemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 02:54 PM   #2  

I gained on wellbutrin and have had several friends lose on effexxor.Crazy how it does different things for everyone.
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 07:30 PM   #3  
Lil' Old Chick

S/C/G: 229/206/150

Height: 5'4"

I have a Dr. appointment very soon and plan on asking him about antidepressants and which would be the best one for me with trying to lose weight also. Not matter what I do, the weight is not coming off, then I get more depressed and put on more weight, its a viscous circle.
At times I don't really care how much I weight or even how fat I feel, other times I am so ashamed of my weight I just want to die.
Why does life have to be such a struggle?
DH had a medical scare recently and after months of stress and living in a state of unknowing what is going to happen, my emotions have been all over the map and my eating habits have been off the chart.
I am so glad I can come here and share my good and sad feelings.
Me Too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 07:55 PM   #4  

Karen
I hope it helps you and you feel better.
I have thought of going on them too. I guess it's just to find the right one.

salsa
salsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 09:53 AM   #5  
Lil' Old Chick

S/C/G: 229/206/150

Height: 5'4"

Thank you Salsa, I just have to hang in there till the Dr appointment, and try not to binge, maybe even get in a walk or two. Inertia seems to be at a all time low.
Me Too is offline   Reply With Quote