Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 01-08-2017, 07:47 PM   #1  
Dreamer

S/C/G: 173/158/100

Height: 5"2

Default Was doing good, gained a ton of weight

I was 136 my last post here. Now I'm 173. Most of that is because of my extreme depression due to the loss of a family member and the constant stress brought upon my family. I have a unique situation where I'm not allowed to go out the house often and I constantly have to hear my dad berating me about some nonsense. I rather not get into it but keep it simple - its hard and I've been turning to food to make me feel better. It's awfully embarrassing and disgusting. I feel so sad!

Last edited by zerosedeluna; 01-08-2017 at 07:48 PM.
zerosedeluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 12:00 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

First of all, take that "I'm a fat pig" out of your signature. That is not a positive statement and very degrading. You are not a fat pig. I'm sorry to hear about the family stress you are going through. It's a shame that you have to live under those circumstances. I hope things improve, and you find a way to get through this without turning to overeating.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 05:37 AM   #3  
Dreamer

S/C/G: 173/158/100

Height: 5"2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabehealthy View Post
First of all, take that "I'm a fat pig" out of your signature. That is not a positive statement and very degrading. You are not a fat pig. I'm sorry to hear about the family stress you are going through. It's a shame that you have to live under those circumstances. I hope things improve, and you find a way to get through this without turning to overeating.
Thanks I guess I will. I just like to keep that there in case I relapse. I'm already feeling sensory deprivation and extreme drowsiness from my diet since eating tasty foods (usually high in fat unfortunately) make me feel something

Maybe I'll turn to music

Last edited by zerosedeluna; 01-10-2017 at 05:37 AM.
zerosedeluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 02:48 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 210--goal 160

Height: 5'4"

I'm so sorry to hear that the person you live with berates you constantly. That is brainwashing!! For every insult you need 10 posititive statements to counteract the negative statement or thought. Positive self talk could help. I hope you can find a good person or counselor to help you deal with the destructive people and depressing situation you are in
KathyB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 02:50 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 210--goal 160

Height: 5'4"

Default Constant criticism

I'm so sorry to hear that the person you live with berates you constantly. That is brainwashing!! For every insult you need 10 posititive statements to counteract the negative statement or thought. Positive self talk could help. I hope you can find a good person or counselor to help you deal with the destructive people and depressing situation you are in.
KathyB1 is offline   Reply With Quote