Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 02:01 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

just a quick hi...completely pooped...did suprise bday party for dh tonight...then cleaned up....then at 12:30 had to pick up my daughter and her friends and take them all home from the movie...so I am tired its 2 am and I gotta be up at 8ish.

I think when I have my med checkup this week I am gonna see if I can have a small dose of mood meds because my moods are all over the place and usually grumpy aggrivated, impatient, and nasty. I used to always be a happy person and just because i am a mom doesnt mean I have to be unhappy.....I am so afraid of it making me sleepy and tired all the time. cause i cant even get up now as it is...excercise I am sure would totally help all this...blah...ok anyway...catch you all lata write more tomorrow!!
welcome new ones.....see my girls tomorrow

Last edited by momof4under5; 02-15-2009 at 11:16 PM.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:19 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 175/170/110

Height: 5'3"

Hi all,

Welcome Phoenix

Buddly, fingers crossed that your furnace keeps working, it's so comforting to come back home to a warm house. I think my heating might be about to give up the ghost... the house is warm but everything is springing leaks, I'm too tired to deal with it, I've just put down bowls everywhere.

Hope, I had to laugh when I saw your comment about the muzzle That is so how I feel nearly all the time!

Momof4, I have every sympathy for you and you're right, being a mum shouldn't mean you have to be unhappy... you've just got so much on your plate right now, it isn't easy Maybe meds can help but definitely keep doing your exercise, I think it will help.

I've really got to get serious about doing regular exercise myself because my moods are absolutely awful... I feel so aggravated to the point of bursting out of my skin and for no specific reason I could explain, just everything I guess. I feel like I've given up everything that ever made me happy since I quit smoking, drinking and cut back on my eating. Pathetic I know. I feel so much healthier but all I can do is sit here feeling deprived

Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone ( and for Hope, roll on Wednesday!)
Old 02-15-2009, 11:22 PM   #48  

i am with you mimzy...i have to get regular and serious about my excercise. I just use excuses for not excercising. When for real excercise would really help fix a lot of these issues I am having!! I havent been eating very much lately...not always good things but like I have only at like a sand. for lunch then something for supper...just not a good eating schedule...oh well...I dont know what to do to MAKE myself get up early. I get up with my daughter for school but I feel like crap and go back to bed...i cant push my self to do anything....It sucks that we all know what can help our moods, depression, health and stuff but we cant or wont do it......How stupid is that...It makes us what they consider INSANE...doing the same thing over and expecting different results.
Oh I messed up my appt is next month I wrote it on the wrong month SOOO I am going to try for a month straight to excercise and see if I can get my moods better and more stable before I ask for mood meds....Because I should really try...Ok not much here gonna watch a movie...catch you all lata

WHERES MY GIRLS AT??? Buddly & Hope...is it skip day in here??

LATA!!
Old 02-15-2009, 11:25 PM   #49  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Mimzy, I've never smoked and I don't drink alcohol much at all so I know how you feel about giving up the food vice. It's all I have and plus I love to cook. That's one reason I haven't been eating well in a long while.

Too tired to write anymore. Check in tomorrow.
Old 02-15-2009, 11:26 PM   #50  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

I'm here, just missed you Momof4!
Old 02-16-2009, 01:36 AM   #51  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Howdy Ya'all

No I have not gotten lost in the boxes! lol. We have been packing a lot though, every chance we get. We are going to begin moving next Wed.

I have also been sick since Friday. It started in my throat, then it went to my head and that is where it is currently. I sound oh so wonderful, but at least I can speak otherwise I wouldn't be able to come in period, as that is my job. (call center) My coworker took off tonight so I am also all by myself. Yippee! lol. Just have to get through this week then only work 2 nights next week and then I'm gone until March 8th. But I'll be moving so its not like I'll be relaxing or anything. lol.

I send out extra for anyone in need right now.

Well I probably won't be on that much, at least at home.

TTYL
Old 02-16-2009, 07:18 AM   #52  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Girls

Working from home today. Hope everyone is doing well.

HURRY SPRING (but not the mud lolol).

Old 02-16-2009, 01:02 PM   #53  

Question for a moderator I dont know how all this works but if your post gets deleted will a moderator tell you....My computer was messing up and freezing on me so I reposted it not knowing if it was deleted on purpose or did not go thru??? help me girls...LOL
Old 02-16-2009, 02:38 PM   #54  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 196/ticker/140

Default I'm still alive! :)

Hey Guys!

I know! You guys all probably thought that I had dropped of the face of the earth! I have been chasing my tail for a couple of months now! I took a nearly 3 week trip to see family in January...two lovely weeks with my parents...it was incredible...and I got to breath in some lovely winter weather to bring back with me to the land of endlessl summer. I also got to see my brother and sister and mother in law (she's not evil) My trip home was adventurous...grin...I ended up spending an extra 4 hours in Seattle because the door seal on the plane had to be replaced and the GLUE didn't dry quickly! (Yeah, that is what you want to hear...the GLUE isn't drying!!!) lol Anyway, we finally did get off the ground, I got my upgrade to 1st class which was awesome except even before I got off the ground my cramps kicked in full force and I thought someone was ripping my guts out, I finally fall asleep and they wake me up to ask me if I want my dinner! Ugh! A) I eat on a pretty strict schedule, definitely not at night! B) I eat a pretty specific diet and it doesn't include sugar... I was supposed to arrive home at a reasonable 9:30 pm instead, I rolled in about 2:30 am...yeah...DH & DD stayed home from school and work the next day...

Buddly! Oh man, I briefly read through some of the other posts on this thread and I was so touched that you mentioned me after I had been gone for so long...aww...girlie you are fab! Thanks...

Since I have been home it has been a whirlwind of catching up on the stuff around the house and then DH was working like 14 hr days for awhile with an inspection going on at work, I was getting up at 4 AM!!! AAAHHH!!! I was going to bed at like 7:30 at night... Also, the dogwalker job that I applied for before I got the job at the grooming place (aka ****) came available! When I got back a couple days later I got an email from the owner and we set up an interview. I GOT THE JOB!!! Yay!! Last week I went to orientation, and I have to inverview with 2 clients today to make sure they like me...and I start officially on Wednesday... I only will have one steady job...a 30 min walk for a GORGEOUS german shepherd three days a week...and then other odd jobs, usually for people on vacation. I am floating on air...this what I have been waiting for and I am just so thrilled. It isn't going to make me rich or anything but it will give me a little something that I know I earned and more importantly I will be getting my animal love...

Then weight hasn't been good, I weighed at 168 at the drs. office a week or so back...it was afternoon and clothed and all but it isn't doing well... I have been off meds for about 5 months... My heartrate when I work out is finally getting back to normal so I have hope. The odd thing is, my pants are still fitting and I have some wicked muscle forming in my arms! woo hoo! I did THREE REGULAR pushups!!! I have never done a regular push up in my life!! I am so psyched!

Anyway peeps! I am still around when I get the chance...hugs all around to you all. My DH just had his latest clean MRI scan so I am able to breathe for another 3 months...

Love ya!!!
Old 02-16-2009, 04:36 PM   #55  
Getting my Halle bod! :)

Height: short stack

Ummm, not much is going on with me, just wanted to drop in and say hi to everyone and welcome to the newbies!
Old 02-17-2009, 12:37 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 175/170/110

Height: 5'3"

Hello all,

Momof4, you're probably already on top of it but I was just thinking it's worth getting your bloods done so that anything like anaemia or thyroid problems can be ruled out as a cause for tiredness. I'm getting mine done as soon as I find the energy to make the appointment. I suspect though that if I was in a different environment with the stress factors taken away I might just find my get up and go.

Sassy, hope you feel better soon, preferably in time for the move!

Raven, congrats on getting the job, sounds great!

Leenie, Hope, Buddly, Butterfly and everyone else, hope you're all well.

Take care
Old 02-17-2009, 02:05 AM   #57  

Height: 5'6"

boy is it great to see people coming back!! wonderful!!

Beautiful day outside, but really cold. Was almost -30*C (-22*F) this morning and for some reason the plug that hubby used for the block heater in his truck failed, so his truck did not want to start. Thankfully it was slightly warmer when I drove DdC to school and my block heater was plugged in and working.
Had my first counselling session today. I guess we will be focusing on the anxiety. Today was just an information session really, she gave me a few things to work on (I have 2 cups of coffee a day and they want me to cut that to decaf!) I go back in 2 weeks, that appt should be more telling. OH and she wants me to book an appt with my doc and talk about my meds and see if we can find a better fit.
Raven so good to see you again. Congrats on the job and your hubby's clean mri! Both are great news!

Sassy good luck with the packing. Hope you feel better soon.

Hi everyone else!!

Better get going its been a very long day.

Take care all,
K
Old 02-17-2009, 01:19 PM   #58  

ARRRRGGGGHHHHHH....having a crappy day its already after 1 and I have got nothing accomplished because I was fighting with customer services people...i could probably PUNCH somebody right now...ok I gotta get going....ERRRRRRRRRRRRR
Old 02-17-2009, 04:33 PM   #59  

I put my pedometer on....i wanted to order the bodybugg but they are like 350....so I looked on ebay and i think I can find it a little cheaper....I have to get some time to look and know what I am looking for and find a good deal.

My house is about to send me over the top today....I wish there was a mary poppins that could float down with an umbrella and come help me....BLAHHHH....My laundry is REALLY REALLY REALLY BAD...NOBODY did laundry this last week. My husband did do everything from the weekend we were gone because I was sick last monday but he did it to redeem himself. But they are to do a load every day and that would keep us caught up....THEY DIDNT...he did wash two loads this week but they never got switched over....which is my 15 yr olds job....so now I have 1 load of whites then 2 loads of each kind (lites, darks, towels, jeans) Plus about 4 loads of sheets and blankets from everyones beds........My house is a mess because I spent my time upstairs cleaning and gathering laundry and didnt get to get down here...i got one of the boys closests done....because they make a mess of their clothes. I am sooo sick of it all they have to do with the dirty ones is throw them out the door cause the basket is right there. Instead they leave them lay and then dig thru their drawers letting clean ones mixed with dirty and I end up washing ones that werent worn. my 2 year old insists on changing several times so I have to keep on top of that and sometimes in the midst of chaos I dont realize she has changed and it is already dirty or she pees her pants and needs another pair of pants. I am about to the point of making my teenager just wear longsleeve shirts and the undershirt instead of three shirts...there is no need for all the shirts. She sweats in them so she cant wear the undershirt again. I am about to LOSE MY MIND. I WANT TO SCREAM, PUNCH, CRY, and KICK my feet all at the same time....

sorry for venting but I am going to loose it and its like everybody is to busy to hear how crappy of a day I am having.
Plus the kids have pushed me I ask them to do something nicely but they dont do it so I have to yell at them and that just makes it worse.
ok lata
Old 02-17-2009, 07:46 PM   #60  

what is the point of a support forum if nobody is on here?? Should just cancel the monthly board....I guess everyone else is doing better and I'm not...sux to b me

Its ok, my head is just spinning and green stuff is flying out...thats normal right??
Closed Thread