Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 09:24 PM   #61  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Hello everyone. Much better week thus far. Not much going on. Which is a good thing. Right! Looking and staying positive, hoping it is a catchy thing and lasts all week long. Have tentative plans for this weekend... with out the kiddies, so am gettng a bit excited about that too.

Hello momof4under5 Sorry you are having a tough go around. Hoping tomorrow looks up for you. Hang in there. Stay strong and forget about the laundry... do yours, let everyone else fend for themselves if need be. All in all... vent away on here... someone is bound to appear and help you through it all. ((((((hugs)))))))
Old 02-17-2009, 11:11 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

pear-I always get excited for outing away from the kids...I would do that but when 4 of my kids are under 6 they cant do it. I made my boys (6 &4) carry ALL the clothes down for me today!! I am kinda mellowed out now but still doing laundry I havent stopped since this afternoon. My husband came home and started right on dishes because I was still doing school with the boys. That was nice of him. While they were working on papers I worked on cleaning off the table and sweeping the floor. It took me a little while because they kept needing my help but I got it done and its not so bad in here now...the sweeper coulda been ran but I did run it last night so one day with out will be ok. While the boys were watching their school videos online i put a load of laundry in then just kinda laid across the couch for a few minutes before I exploded...it did help but then I had a headache when I got up...LOL...ok well I am gonna go...watch biggest loser online
lata
Old 02-17-2009, 11:28 PM   #63  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Momof4, sorry I didn't get in here earlier today. I wish I could come and help you with the laundry. I used to absolutely hate it but it doesn't seem to bother me now. Of course I'm not nearly doing the amount that you are. Yay for hubbie doing the dishes!

I actually have the day off tomorrow. Yippee. What shall I do with myself? My house is a disaster and the pooches stink. I'm not sure I'll do anything about either one however. We'll see what kind of mood I'm in.

Buddly, wow that's cold!. We don't have anything like that here. I'm so excited for you about the counseling and meds change. I think it will do wonders.

Raven, I've thought about you so often and wondered about your hubby. That's such great news. So good to see you.

Pear, time away from the kiddies, how fun! Hope it happens.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:57 PM   #64  

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone!

momof4, yep, spinning with green stuff coming out is perfectly normal! vent away! I have one load of laundry in the washer waiting to go in the dryer and one in the dryer waiting to come out. Good to hear hubby pitched in.

Hope enjoy your day off! Could you wash our pooch with yours? He's awfully smelly as well! And thanks so much for the encouragement. And yes it was terribly cold, but we are warming up. Good thing because the stupid furnace still isn't working right. I have no idea what we are going to do next. We've already put in almost $1000 in parts and some labour (hubby started doing the work after we found out what to do) and yet a new furnace is only $1200 - $1500. Plus the gas company gives you a rebate for updating. So frustrating.

Pear glad to hear that your week is going better. And yeay on the weekend plans with on kids!

Haven't done much today, I have dough waiting to be formed into buns. Made some sushi rolls. And a sort of poutine (french fries, cheese and gravy) for dinner. (I'm on day 18 of TOM, (making up for not getting one last month) and it came back like it was restarting and I was all achy and really wanted salty food. Hence the french fries and gravy)
Hubby came home from work all stuffed up and achy, so after he ate he had a cup of neo citran and has had his shower and is already in bed.
I have a couple of those Todd Wilbur cookbooks and the girls are in the middle of making Almond Joy bars. Should be good when they get done. (I'm sure a couple of them are in PMS as well)

Well I should go and get these buns formed. I was going to use some dough for a loaf of bread, but hubby wants cinnamon rolls instead, I think thats why I'm procrastinating I have to make enough counter space to roll out dough.

Take care everyone!
K
Old 02-18-2009, 09:47 AM   #65  
Getting my Halle bod! :)

Height: short stack

Pear it's good to hear that you are having a much better week

Mmm Buddly, you're making me hungry!

Yay Hope, enjoy your day off!

Momof4 that's great your dh is stepping in to help. I also wish I could help you out with the laundry. You're an awesome mom! I will never complain again about having to do mine!

Ugh, I am feeling really tired and sluggish today which is not good because I have lots of things to do. I'm probably not going to get anything done at this rate which just makes me feel more depressed

Take care everyone
Old 02-18-2009, 11:35 AM   #66  

lol everyone has stopped by now......go figure...LOL....I will ship you all some of my laundry you can wash, dry, fold it and then send it back!!!!LOL...sounds great to me!!!
Old 02-18-2009, 08:09 PM   #67  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

I'm here, I'm here! Still trying to get back 'on track' - what track is that, then? Today was better, and I'm trying to run again - it is SHOCKING to me how fast I can slip back into those old ways that I thought were gone for good... truly astonishing. If you'd asked me six weeks ago, I would have told you - and meant it! - that I absolutely could NOT eat a whole large pizza... you bet I can - and DID!

So - slogging away, and trying so hard to get back to where I was, and then to goal.

Love to everyone here -
Heather
Old 02-18-2009, 10:10 PM   #68  

Hi everyone.I am new here.I have been struggling with depression for a couple of years.My NP started me on wellbutrin because I asked for a med with no side effect of weight gain.Not the way it worked for me.I gained another ten pounds or so.I took it for about a year.Really never noticed a difference in my mood or depression.Weaned myself off about 6 months ago.Actually feel better.I still sleep more than I should.Have also struggled with binge eating for several years.I have 3 children.I work as a nurse.My spouse travels for work during the week so basically it is just the kids and I.I have been reading posts for several months and am so impressed with the support you give each other.Just wanted to introduce myself.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:46 PM   #69  
Starting Again

Welcome Harrismm! It's nice to have you in here. Wellbutrin didn't do enough for me depression wise. I can't tell if I gained weight with it b/c I usually eat so much that I'm not sure if it's that or the meds. Have you tried anything else?

Heather, glad to see you again and glad you are doing better. I still haven't gotten anywhere near the track. I just can't seem to get a grip with the weight loss thing at all. In reference to the pizza it's amazing how quickly we can go from one extreme to another. Been there and THOUGHT that.

I did just about nothing today. I've layed around for most of the day. My house is SO dirty. I think I mentioned that. I still didn't wash the dogs either.
Butterfly, I'm feeling like you, wiped out with too much to do.

Well better finish some laundry and hit the hay.
Old 02-19-2009, 05:06 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 175/170/110

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd stick my head in and see how everyone's doing. I keep meaning to try and check in more regularly but sometimes I just get to that point where I'm curled up in a ball on the floor and I don't want to move or open my eyes for fear of realising again how crappy everything is

Apologies for the negativity there... just had to vent a little, today is not a good day... dunno if it's the fumes from the oven cleaner I've been scrubbing the cooker with but I have a lump in my throat and prickly eyes... if I was the crying type I'd think I was maybe about to have a little weep.

Anyway! Enough gloom from me, I'm not cheering anybody up here!

Welcome Harrismm hope we can give you the same support too.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:25 PM   #71  
Starting Again

Mimzy, no need to be cheery here, you wouldn't fit in! Hope you have a better day tomorrow.

My kitty broke a bone in his right front leg. It's on the side so they can't put a cast on or do much for him except give him some pain meds.

I got a lead on a job from a girl I work with. It's with her full time company. I'm not getting my hope up this time. I'll just see where it goes.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:54 PM   #72  

not much to report today....my dh was off and him and my 6 yr old got up and made me breakfast in bed...it was very sweet...they cleaned up....I kinda did stuff upstairs and just tried to keep away to give myself a break from dealing with the kids...only had one issue and I put myself on time out and was fine...but I am still WAYYYY grumpy and just miserable for no reason. I just feel mean ALL the time...
A plus in the right way I did start keeping track of my calories on myplate.com because you just put what you ate and it tells you the calories I dont have to figure it all out and add it all up and junk...soo I need to get going on the excercise and try to get me to feel better and be more happy!

ok thats it catch you all lata
I will try to write personal's lata
Old 02-20-2009, 09:14 AM   #73  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Girlies

Old 02-20-2009, 09:36 PM   #74  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Hi all!

So far so good this week... just need to spend some time really looking after myself. And darned if I ain't moving that ticker so that it motivates me to get back to 151!! Sometimes I think I deliberately jeopardize myself the closer I get to goal... weird, the mental games I play with myself. *sigh*

Hope - how's the kitty??

Heather

Last edited by HeatherAngel; 02-20-2009 at 09:37 PM.
Old 02-21-2009, 02:23 AM   #75  

I see I didn't miss much action in here...

Heather our friend that just rocks!!!! I am glad you are checking back in with us!!! I am the same way with the ticker....I am only a few lbs different but next time I move it I will be moving it down further...LOL......(tech. I took the ticker off the sign cause it wasnt moving...LOL..

Ok lata all was a good day my sis in law/bff stopped in and was with me today so that was super nice and made a better day!!
Closed Thread