3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Depression and Weight Issues

Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

February 2009 ~ Monthly Chick Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 11:55 AM   #31

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

I Changed my avatar ok picture of me and rough picture of dh he was a little tired...LOL.....ok going to get stuff done!!
Old 02-11-2009, 08:25 PM   #32
Getting my Halle bod! :)

Height: short stack

Hi everyone,

Not much is going on with me. I'm forcing myself to go out with some friends later on tonight. Hopefully I can relax and not feel like a bundle of nerves. Had a chocolate bar today for dessert...I've wanted one for so long! I guess we can't behave all the time

Momof4 you're so pretty, that is a cute picture of you and your dh!

Hope, the countdown is on! You deserve it

Buddly stay warm, I love shopping at thrift stores when I have the time to save $ & it's so exciting when you find something cute or interesting.

Mimzy good to hear from you, I hope you feel better soon

I hope everyone else is doing okay, ttyl
Old 02-11-2009, 08:39 PM   #33
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Okay folks - I admit it, I've been hiding.

I haven't been dealing with, well, anything, really - and I have gained 25lbs - in FIVE WEEKS. No, I'm not even kidding - I WISH!

So - hiding, trying, but mostly hiding. shame shame shame.

Heather
PS - that ticker is 25lbs light.

Last edited by HeatherAngel : 02-11-2009 at 08:41 PM. Reason: PS
Old 02-11-2009, 10:45 PM   #34

AWWW thanks butterfly!! Its one picture of us that turned out cute...LOL..

Heather-I feel for you!! I am so sorry your having such a hard time. We sure have missed you though!!

Ok my other girls I am going to bed I am tired...Lata
Old 02-12-2009, 12:15 AM   #35
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Yay, good to see you Heather. I was really getting worried about you. No more hiding! (at least not from us) We want you to wallow in misery with the rest of the gals in here. I've been there with rapid weight gain. Just remember that it is fixable and not permanent. Either way we'd love to see you back in here regularly, no matter what you gain or lose.

I've really been overeating (more than usual) for the last 3 days. I don't know why.

I did my own taxes after I clocked out today and I'm getting back more than I thought I would, thank goodness. I also won my pool match tonight so I guess it was a pretty good day.

Butterfly: Everyone needs a little chocolate once and a while. What would life be without the occasional treat?

Momof4, glad you are feeling better and the picture is really cute.

Buddly, we are having 70 degree weather but really strong winds today. It's strange not being alone in here huh? But it's really nice.
Old 02-12-2009, 03:48 AM   #36

S/C/G: 175/170/110

Height: 5'3"

Good morning all

Buddly, good that you sorted your laptop, I just love it when things work out perfectly! I don't seem to get that kind of luck too often either, but when I do...!!

Hope, I'm so glad you finally get to have a day off... the first in over a month though, that's pretty hard going... you deserve a whole week off.

Butterfly, nothing wrong with allowing yourself a little treat now and then!

Heather, I gained 22lbs in four weeks so I can understand how you feel, it's annoying but don't feel bad, as Hope says, it's not permanent.

Momof4, glad you're feeling better, hope you manage to get some much needed rest soon!

I've got a day off so I'm going to try and do some exercise today... I really need to get moving, it might help my brain catch up, I seem to have absolute zero energy though, yesterday I laid down on my exercise mat to do some sit ups and it was so comfy I fell asleep without even bothering to do a single one. I need to go jogging or something, at least once I'm outside I have to keep going, can't exactly lay down on the pavement and fall asleep. No way I'm jogging though until I find a sports bra in my size... also a butt bra would be good... keep the cheeks from taking off as I run.

Oh well, going to go get my exercise mat out again and maybe have another nap. Have a good day everyone.

Old 02-12-2009, 01:20 PM   #37
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Newbie here. I hope you don't mind my jumping in... I posted on another thread... but a lil background incase you didn't read it. I suffer from depression and anxiety attacks. My weightloss goes, comes back, lingers and then haults. My ticker now says I am two pounds off my goal... but I know if I get on the scale it'll say something different and I just don't want to change the ticker... it makes me happy knowing a few days ago I was that close to my goal.

Well anyways, hello all and I hope to become more involved in this part of the forum. I really need your support and hope to support one another as well.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:45 PM   #38

hi gals....I am having a rough time today cant get motivated to do ANYTHING at all..I got a shower and then did the dishes. I did just what I had to for the boys school. just blah..I dont get it Yesterday I cleaned like crazy but I was nasty and impatient..today I was ok but did do much and really didnt want to do anything. There has got to be something messed up...blah...ok talk to you all lata
Old 02-12-2009, 08:08 PM   #39

Height: 5'6"

Wow!! it so nice to see some more life in here!!
Heather great to see you again.

pear!! looking forward to getting to know you better. The more the merrier in here!!

Hope its going to be hard to keep up with people! Congrats on getting your taxes done! That is always a big relief to get them done.

mimzy how did the exercising go? I haven't been very motivated either, just that time of year again.

momof4 you've managed to get more done than me today. I got my dishes in to soak. Going to get off of my behind here soon and get moving tho and get dinner cooked.

butterfly did you enjoy your night out?

As I said nothing going on here today. Sat surfing and listening to movies. DdC wants to take cookies to school and judo for valentines tomorrow, so I have to get the dough prepared for her.

Well take care all and have a good evening,
K
Old 02-12-2009, 11:13 PM   #40

Tomorrow is my dh bday so we are going to go eat tomorrow night. My 15 yr old gets to babysit to work off the 10 dollars she owes the library. My sister in law will be here but is going upstairs to watch a video from the weekend with the youth. Then tomorrow night I get to go to the movie with my sis in law/best friend.
Buddly we are even I did dishes and didnt cook dinner you cooked dinner and didnt do dishes...lol..i am sure you did them by now!!

I realized what the lack of motivation is...TOM is coming in town in a few days..YUCK..
ok well gonna watch a show then try to sleep even though I am not tired!!

lata all
Old 02-13-2009, 02:21 AM   #41

S/C/G: 175/170/110

Height: 5'3"

Hello Ladies

Welcome Pear! Good to see a new face

Buddly I never got round to doing any exercise, I slept the whole day away, what a waste

Butterfly, how did your night go? Were you ok? I always get really anxious when I have to go out but then I often end up enjoying the night out after all.

Right, got to go do some boring stuff. Take care all and have a good day

Old 02-13-2009, 01:30 PM   #42
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Today has been ok thus far. Only one anxiety attack ... but it was a short one. The stooppitt (love that spelling- huh) teller at the bank was taking forever trying to figure things out and I just felt a wash of anxiety come over me. It went away shortly afterwards. Glad to have it done and over with. My plate has been so full lately that I am just now not taking as much responsibilites on as before. That has helped out thus far.. .seeing as I just started this week.... hopefully in the coming weeks it'll be much better and I'll be in a better place... emotionally and physically. Thank goodness for my sweet patient deary of a dh. He is my rock. Helps me back onto my feet when I am down.
Anyways, that is my blurb... I'll try and check in later. Have a Good Friday everyone!
Old 02-14-2009, 04:26 PM   #43

Height: 5'6"

Happy Saturday everyone!

The sun is shinning and I was able to sleep in, so a good day so far.
Nothing really new around here. Went to work yesterday. It was actually fairly busy. When I got home the house was actually warm. Hubby had changed the last part that we are able to in our furnace and we are guardedly optimistic that maybe the furnace is fixed. We are suppose to get quite cold again and worry about our pipes when the furnace isn't working. So here's hoping. Also when I got home my daughter informed me that purolator phoned to say that I sent a package collect and they don't accept collect packages. Well its my daughters acer laptop that I sent in for warranty repair. Acer arranged the pick-up and nobody told me I had to pay shipping otherwise I would have gone down to the depot to ship it. So here we've sat for the week thinking that Acer has the laptop and its been sitting in at Purolator. Just annoys me and why did it take a week for us to get informed. Not to mention this is warranty. Its only 7 mos old and the video card is gone. Not happy especially since I just recieved wonderful service from HP. So will have to do something on Monday.
Oh and I got a phone call and have an appt on Monday to go in for my first appt with the mental health people. I've been told we will be doing a review of my meds and get me on the right ones as what I'm doing obviously isn't helping.

Hope everyone is doing well. The washer just beeped so I better go and deal with that.

Take care everyone and have a great weekend.
K
Old 02-14-2009, 10:25 PM   #44
In it for the long haul.

S/C/G: 275/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hey there coming in the same boat as Pear. Im pretty much a newbie. I joined 3FC last March-ish, posted a couple times then left until this January.. never posted on the depression section. There is a lot of depression and anxiety in my family.

I used to be a lot worse off but having a lot on my hands these days is making it hard to deal with. Not having a good day.. Been procrastinating all day on a paper for school, its now 10:20 pm, then I started geting overwhelmed and it was all down hill. Every little thing is upsetting me, (not anywhere near TOM by the way, just one of those episodes) and its been hard to get back on my feet. I came here to get back on track. Even tho the paper isnt being worked on at the moment, I feel a lot better already. Anywho, thats me for today and hello everybody hope to be on here more often to get my lazy behind going!
Old 02-15-2009, 12:37 AM   #45
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Hi girls,

Welcome Phoenix and Pear. I used to HATE doing papers of any kind and they usually brought on some form of panic attack for me. Once you get started it starts to go away. Hope you finish soon.

Buddly, there isn't much that's better than getting to sleep in. I get to monday and wednesday. Can't wait. I hope the appointment starts things going in the right direction.

I should be in bed but I took a nap after work so I'm still up. All I'm thinking about is food. I'm even looking forward to dinner tomorrow night so I can eat. I need a muzzle.

Mimzy, sleeping the day away sounds great. I know it can make you feel useless though. I look forward to the possibility on wednesday.
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.