Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2002, 04:21 PM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking How Are You Doing Today ?

Good Afternoon,

How's everyone doing today ?

So far so good for me, its only been 2 days but its a start. I have a hard time with even one day but you know something, even if I don't do good, I'll try again because I LOVE MYSELF and I'm worth it.

Hope to hear from you.
Love, Leens
Old 05-07-2002, 04:36 PM   #2  

Default How am I doing?

Well. if you mean diet wise.. I am on track. I got a little hungry before lunch so I had part of a banana.. otherwise, everything is peachy keen. Some idiot sales guy called up and tried to chew me out, which made me want to munch something ( I read someplace that crunchy food means anger and creamy foods mean comfort.. I guess I was angry). I didn't have anything though. I got my step aerobics in before 6am and have to do my upper body stuff and ickers.. ab work, when I get home. Dinner will be either leftover spinach pesto or fish tacos.

If you mean how am I doing mentally, I am okee dokee finokee. Feel pretty calm, just looking forward to going home. I am not even stressing very much that my job is ending soon. I trust He will send me something along when it is right for me.

Leens.. oh good for you for getting to day 2. Hey.. that rhymes!!

Last edited by LindaT; 05-07-2002 at 04:39 PM.
Old 05-07-2002, 11:01 PM   #3  

Hi Leens and Linda and everyone else,

I didn't have such a bad day! Can't say that I love myself LOL!!!

Today, I went back to the gym for the first time (in five months) since my car accident. It was different, I had to modify a lot of things, but you know what???? I felt good that I was doing something!! I am planning on going tomorrow and I will do what I can. It's at least a step in the right direction and I am around people that have positive attitudes. Staying home the last five months was not good for me mentally. I am so glad I am on the mend.

Have a great Wednesday everyone...looking forward to hearing about your day!

Meg
Old 05-08-2002, 09:04 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Default Wednesday, May 8th

Hi, happy hump day.

I did great yesterday OP yeah !!! today breakfast was great, made a good choice. Hey little steps at a time right !!

Linny good to see your feeling great and OP !!

Meg, you go girl, I give you all the credit in the world to start exercising, I haven't done it yet but I'm hoping with everyone's encouragement here and me staying OP I will start soon. You know thats how I started exercising years ago, I used to walk 5 - 6 miles 6x a week. I started out walking 10 minutes and then just kept going and going. Before I knew it I was at 5 miles in less than 1 hour. DANG !!!!!!!!!!!! my body can't take that anymore but !!! I will be planning something soon. Your post has really given me hope. Thank you !!

I DO LOVE MYSELF and I told that to myself this morning in the store so I didn't pick up any junk It works ladies, if we can only drill it in our heads.

LindaT know's I haven't felt this way in YEARS !!!!! and she know's its hard for me..Right Linny.... I will try to fight to keep this feeling. Mind over matter

How's everyone doing today ?

Love, Leens
I'll check back in later. HUGGS !
Old 05-08-2002, 10:16 AM   #5  

Morning all! I feel as though I am doing pretty good...the only problem is I have not been getting enough rest and when I get tired I lose perspective...I have been trying to get to bed earlier but my dd4 has been feeling unwell and so has been in my bed every night all night forever it seems...oh wel this too shall pass..

Going to take her to the park today for some fresth air and then clean house today as having company for supper tomorrow night..thank goodness for company, makes me clean at least a little.

Well have to drink some water and low points today....made ww soup yesterday...I thought it was pretty good...hubby said he would slash up before he would eat it again.

Believe it or not I am going to try and wean myself a bit form 3fc...I find I am spending too much time in front of the computer and it is not all good energy I am surrounding myself with, and yes this is the only site I go to!

Have a good day!

Liz
Old 05-08-2002, 12:46 PM   #6  

Default Mornin'

Did my $(#&%!@$ aerobics this morning! I just hate hate hate getting up.. have I mentioned this before? I do like having my exercises done by 6AM though, so its a trade off. Why can't I learn to exercise in my sleep? Wouldn't that be a kicker?

I totally spaced out on my ab work last nite. I did my upper body weight workout and then the abs .. well I guess they didn't stand a chance of being anyplace in my tiny brain. I didn't remember until this morning!!

Leens, I am glad you are finally listening to that little corner of your brain that is telling you that you are worth this.. bout TIME. I have been telling you this too, but I guess I didn't shriek loud enough!

Meg, glad you got to the gym. Getting out of the house and in different surrounding really improves my depression. Don't push yourself too hard.. follow your therapist's advice and take your time.

Lizzy, I know what you mean about getting enough sleep. I never get enough during the week. This quote from Macbeth really sums it up well:

Sleep that knits up the ravelled sleave of care,
The death of each day's life, sore labour's bath,
Balm of hurt minds, great Nature's second course,
Chief nourisher in life's feast.

My nourishment doesn't catch up until Saturday .. if even then.

Nothing much else to report today.. sosdd. 2.5 days until the weeeeeeekend!!! Dinner tonight is fish tacos.. yum.
Old 05-08-2002, 01:00 PM   #7  

I have WW chili in the crockpot for dinner tonight. After, I'm going to a Board of Ed meeting and playing the concerned grandparent. We have had a lot of problems with the secretary and hopefully something will be done. The woman is wacko...literally. But, she's married into a family with a lot of important ties to the area. This should be interesting.

I just popped in to say hello. Take care and God bless.
Old 05-08-2002, 01:36 PM   #8  

Hi Everyone,
I'm new at this sharing my feelings stuff but know that if i'm ever going to work threw some things i have to learn to do it. I'm working hard on trying to stay OP w/ WW and doing really well so for but dreading the afternoon chocolate crave. If i'm ever going to be able to drop 60 more pounds i'm going to have to get a handle on those cravings. Mentally i'm tired and don't want to think about anything.

Well i hope everyone has a great day
MrsM
Old 05-08-2002, 01:49 PM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hey MrsM,

Boy do I hear you on the Chocolate (see I even have to capitalize it ) that is my favorite food. I bought a box of chocolate cereal, I think its oreo or captain crunch and I've been snacking on one cup of it at night. I eat it reallllllllllll slow. No its not CHOCOLATE but it helps (rather have a yodell )

Happy your here, good luck !!
Love, Eileen
Old 05-08-2002, 05:31 PM   #10  

Default Chocolate?

Now Leens.. I thought it was Carrot cake.. with cheescake running a close second?
Old 05-09-2002, 01:19 AM   #11  

Hi "Girls",

Made it to the gym again wasn't too bad, yes Linda, I am taking it easy. Figure if I don't I'll end up back in the house lol

Leens, you did it once, you'll do it again!!

Mrs. M...maybe I can help you with your chocolate fixes. I too am on WW. Have you tried taking one chocolate graham cracker w/ two tablespoons fat free cool whip, freeze and take one out when you need a fix. (1 point) yummy! Or make some sugar free chocolate pudding, or WW chocolate brownie bars are really good too (2 points). Good luck with those cravings...mine today were for carbs...wanted a loaf of bread and almost ate one LOL

Hi Tippy, Love that chili!!!

Lizzy...hope your daugher is doing well. Any results?????

Have a great Thursday!!!

Meg
Old 05-09-2002, 11:09 AM   #12  

Hey Meggers et all!

My dd4 broke out in a rash yesterday (Wed) and is still dragging her cute littel butt...I hope the end is in sight.

Way to go Meg...glad to see you are hitting the gym...I really want regular exercise to become a part of my life too!

Have a great day!

Liz
Old 05-09-2002, 01:50 PM   #13  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hey Kids, I finally get to post.

Linny........carrot cake, now where did you get that idea from?

Day 4 here, I'm really hungry today and feel like eating my chair except I don't have any mayo to put on it, so I'll pass. There's nothing as gross as a dry chair

Meg.....you go girl, do some crunches for me PLEASEEEEEEEEEE.

MrsM whats shakin toots, oh you know whats a good low fat chocolate fix too....tootie rolls

Liz hope poopie's poopie feel's better, rashes arent fun.

Tippy Sis, send some of that chilli my way, need to warm the house

Have a great day kids, and I'll pop in later.....I hope

Love, Leens
Old 05-09-2002, 03:51 PM   #14  

Unhappy

Hi everyone,
I'm having a very down afternoon and i don't think Chocolate can fix it. I started feeling really blue at noon and it just keeps getting worse.

I have days that go really well and then i have days when i get up i know they are going to be a down day but the ones when my mood swings back and forth are really rough on me and that is the way today is turning out to be. I just feel like i'm on a never ending roller coaster. If i wasn't at work i think i would just sit down and have myself a really good cry. I have absolutely no reason for feeling this way.
MrsM
Old 05-09-2002, 04:02 PM   #15  

Default Sorry to hear

MrsM,

Sorry to hear you are having a bad day. I get those every once in awhile. The only thing that helps me is knowing, that this day will pass, that I will feel better tomorrow. I don't have those really blue sad days more than one in a row, though..

I remember you had mentioned you were on an anti depressant b4, but you had to stop it. Did you ever try another medication? If the downs become too much for you, please contact your doctor. If you are on a med, it might need to be adjusted. If you aren't, maybe a med is something to think about. It isn't something everyone should do.

Exercise will also raise your endorphin level. Since you are at work and can't do any real sweat inducing exercise. how about a 5 minute break. Walk outside, notice the trees in bloom, the clear sky, the smell of the breeze.. notice nature .

Or else, you can always ask Leens to tell you a dirty joke.. she has lots of them.
Closed Thread