Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 05:02 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 175/170/110

Height: 5'3"

Hello everyone, hope you all had/are having a good weekend.

Sassy... congrats! Pretty cool to find you've lost yourself 35 whole pounds without realising!

Here's wishing everyone a good week (can't believe it's the last week of January either...)
Old 01-26-2009, 07:25 PM   #92  

Height: 5'6"

Wow!! Where is everyone?
A huge hello to you all!! I'm sure we are all hiding here somewhere

Its so hard to believe that we are in the last week of January. Now if the cold and snow would fly as fast as the time. Woke up to -30*C (not sure what that is in *F, but its cold!) I didn't think it was suppose to go down that cold. Thankfully our pernickity furnace decided it would work over night. (We have only one more part to replace and then I have no idea what we can do if it still won't work) Its suppose to go above freezing by Thursday and the blowing snow is suppose to start tonight. Fun and games.

Went to town today and dropped off two resumes and went into mental health and I have an appointment for Feb 6 for an assessment. (only taken me 3 yrs to get this far!) Hopefully good things will start. Picked up a bunch of veggies, so going to do a big stirfry for dinner. I have to smarten up as I was hoping to lose another 10lbs by the middle of Feb and won't lose anything if I don't get moving.

I should toodle I hope you are all taking care of yourselves.

Have a wonderful day,
K
Old 01-27-2009, 12:33 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

Hey buddly...I have checked in several times but no one is here so I figured it was pointless to write myself a note..LOL...anyways. Had boys dentist appt. they had no cavities. Then took them to the mall play center which was nice gave them some time out to play. Winter is killing me cause they are getting bored and WAY hyper. Like I did a scehdule for me for the days and I didnt put excercise in and at the end I was like uHHH i forgot something..lol...but Like there is no exact time every day that I can do that. I hate to make my husband cook when he gets home so I can go excercise and after dinner I cant do it. If I did it after everyone went to bed then my blood would be going and not ready for bed. I am trying to get myself up early to do it. It would be perfect like mid morning but if I take those kids down there they bug the snot outta me and I get mad and just stop...maybe during nap time I can excercise..I really gotta figure this out and just do it!! OK well gotta get lunch...check back lata!!
Old 01-27-2009, 01:03 PM   #94  

Hi Momof4!!
Yep everyone must be super busy or just quiet.
Congrats on the no cavities, that's always good to hear. I have to get my girls into the dentist, but I have to find a new one first. I found one for myself, but he's in town and super busy so its hard to book appts. Good to hear that you are able to get the kids somewhere where they can use up some energy, winters are so hard for that.

I don't really have any advice on the exercise thing. The only way I could exercise when my kids were little was to bundle all of us up and go for long walks everyday. But we lived in town with sidewalks and it was the lower mainland so no real snow. I had a double stroller so that helped a lot. The other thing I use to do was wear ankle weights and run up and down the stairs. When I took the laundry up I would make as many trips as possible and with the weights on it was quite a work out. Now we live out in the country up north and on a single story so all my tricks are useless to me. Honestly it does get a little easier when the kids get older, but that also brings new challenges.

I don't have any real plans for today except I have to take DdC into school this afternoon to write an exam. I really need to keep on with the decluttering. Flylady is starting the super fling boogie, so I should follow that and actually make some headway here. My daughter's friend who lived with us may have to move back in as she is losing hours at work, so I have to find her bedroom again as its turned into the exercise storage room.

Have a good one everyone!!
Take care,
K
Old 01-27-2009, 10:24 PM   #95  

Yeah I actually got ALOT done tonight. I decluttered what little there was. Since we just moved everything isnt too bad. Just the area where I do the boys school was looking cluttered so I repacked some boxes and took them to the basement to get them out of the way. I can go down and get stuff from them if I need it. Ok well I am gonna get going. I am trying to get thru the book "Making Children MIND without losing YOURS" It is an excellent book. Really talks about discipline and not just punishment. Teaching kids how to make choice rather than doing it for them and when they leave the house they dont make the right ones. Its a great book overall I love it. I will probably buy my own copy i am borrowing this one to use for training hours for our theraputic foster care!!
Ok talk with you lata
Old 01-28-2009, 11:34 AM   #96  

We are all snowed in!! I feel completly lazy today Then again I did most everything last night so there is not a lot pressing at the top of my list. I really need to give the landlords the color paint I want so I can get this place painted cause it is all just primered and it is getting marked up really bad. Hopefully that will be soon. I am hungry and need to take my meds (or this might be me later . Then I think I am going to get ethans school done so I dont have to do it later I can just relax the rest of the day...if there is such a thing!!! OK well lata!! Enjoy all my smilies!!
Old 01-28-2009, 12:28 PM   #97  

Love the smiles momof4!!
Eww about the snowed in part! We had the blowing drifting snow yesterday. I could not get the snowblower running no matter what I did. Wrecked my wrecked shoulder a little more trying. Hubby got it going when he got home from work and he did the driveway and I'm thankful the drifts weren't to bad and I didn't get stuck when I had to go out.
A lazy type day sounds so nice. I have to take DdA to school and kill four hours. I may just find a corner with a plug in at the uni and hide with my laptop who knows.
Whoops, just looked at the time, I have to dash!!
Have a great day everyone!!!
K
Old 01-28-2009, 06:07 PM   #98  

Bah!
Why do I fixate on the negatives??
I have an appointment on the 6th with a counsellor for an assessment, I sure hope she can help me figure out how to get living again instead of sinking into the mire of negativity thats in my head. Life really is for living, but more times than not I miss the point and get totally hopeless.
Sorry, just had to release that into the universe.
Old 01-29-2009, 05:48 AM   #99  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Talking Freezing the Weight Off!!!! HA HA!

Hi All!

Well we got snow!!! I think total maybe 5 inches? I'm not completely sure. We also got freezing rain so leaving work yesterday morning, when I came outside, DH (he picks me up @ work) was helping a bunch of my coworkers scrape their cars and push them out of their parking spots. So I called my BF had her come down with her keys so we could start on her car. (she gets off an hour after me) So she started her car and put some de-icer on her windows and went back upstairs while the rest of us worked on hers and other peoples cars. Even though our car was completely cleaned off because DH parks in a garage at his work, we didn't want to leave our friends hanging. I told one of my other friends, "You know you have a good friend when they help you scrape off your car and push you out in the dead of winter!!"

But I am sure it burned some calories too!

Anyways. I did add my current weight and my goal weight (I'm doing my goal weight in stages so its not so overwhelming) I didn't feel right putting my starting weight because I am not exactly sure if that is what it was or not, I just guessed. (I thought I was 35 pounds heavier than I actually am) But I have lost weight because I couldn't get into a pair of jeans that I had and now I can and they aren't tight or anything. So I just left the starting weight with ???.

I have been doing pretty well. Except for lastnight @ work they had pizza for us because of the bad weather. I only ate a couple slices and I did have 1 can of reg. mt. dew. I was SO sleepy because I only had 3 hrs of sleep yesterday. So my bf got me a mt. dew to perk me up. Well you wanna know what? That mt. dew didn't taste good at all! I know, shocking!!! I used to LOVE mt. dew! Now it doesn't taste so good! I have tried the diet and I do have some, its not too bad, but not my fav. for sure. I will stick with the Coke Zero and my coffee w/ Sweet N' Low!

DH is trying too. Not as hard as I am, but got to give him credit for trying! I know it took me FOREVER to get with the program!

Anywho, we're going to meet with our new landlord's wife, as he will be working, this morning. We're going to do a final walk through of the house and make if "official". I am SO excited ya'all!

I was supposed to have began going through stuff but I just was not motivated enough lastnight. So I just was a bum. Figured I have until Sunday Night to get stuff done.

Anyways............thats about it for me!!!

Keep Warm (if its cold where you are) and Safe!

Old 01-29-2009, 11:26 PM   #100  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Hi everybody,

It is quiet in here. I miss seeing everybody in here daily. I've been slack myself since I'm just tired and lacking in spare time.

The economy is really starting to scare me. There are so many layoffs in so many fields from the higher paid to the lowest pay levels. I'm thankful for the 2 jobs that I have that are making me so tired. There were layoffs just this week at my full time job. I hope none of your families have been effected.

Why do all of you get snow when I'm the one who wants it?

Buddly, you release whatever you want into the universe!

Sassy, I envy the weight loss... Way to go!

Momof4, how do you find time to read?

Good night all...
Old 01-30-2009, 01:52 AM   #101  

Hi there,
Thanks Hope, the economy is scaring the heck out of me as well. Work has slowed right down for my hubby I just don't know. He said the phone started to ring again after our federal budget got passed, so maybe companies were just waiting to see what would happen.

Sassy eww on the freezing rain. We got a fair amount of snow last night, hubby had to clear the driveway before he went to work this morning. And congrats on the move! Thats so exciting.

Nothing much new here, because of the snow the girls and I just stayed home all day. Thankfully there was some work for hubby so he is off doing that. DdA has school tomorrow and I have a few hours of work.

Well night all,
K
Old 01-30-2009, 09:49 AM   #102  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Good Morning All!

Hope -- I hear ya on the economy!!! I am always scared about losing my job, but so far, so good! I feel extremely lucky that dh has his job now. TY on the weightloss, it definitely did not come off all at once, it was a slow process, and I really even wasn't trying that hard, just eating healthier. I figure if I really try and start exercising then that should really speed it up, I mean not too much I know, but more than it was. But I am thankful for even just one pound I have lost!

Buddly -- Yeah we're supposed to get more snow tonight and another winter storm is coming in Monday night into Tuesday Morning. Yay. I don't really care, but it always gets busier at work because everybody and their brother, mother, cousin, 2nd cousin, grandma, grandpa, sister, half-sister, neighbors sister's half-cousin, etc call in! And I don't feel any sympathy at all for the people who call off for the weather. Because our co. offers hotel rooms in increment weather. But thats just me. lol. I told my bf I don't think I'd make a very good supervisor, or at least a very "popular" one because I am unsympathetic. lol.

Well we met with our new landlords wife. She is very nice. We took lots of pictures of the inside and did measuring. She basically said it is ours, but to talk to her husband to make it "final" today.

So we've been going through stuff today. Got A LOT of stuff from the kitchen to donate to goodwill! Then dh started on the office and now at least we can get in there and begin looking through things. So I am very pleased with the progress we have done today. (We're moving into the house the 1st of March)

Then tonight I am supposed to watch my bf's baby while her and her significant other go out. Have to text her to make sure that is still happening. DH is going to drop me off there and then go to his friends house for a bit. His friend was just diagnosed not only with Parkinson's , but now just found out he has brain tumors and is very understandably, really down about it, so dh is going over for a bit to maybe get his mind off of things for a few hours or so.

Well have a great day all!

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 01-30-2009 at 09:55 AM.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:18 PM   #103  
Starting Again

Tonight a friend of a friend did a cookware demonstration for me and another friend of mine. I would love to buy it but there is no way I'm shelling out any money for anything I don't absolutely need right now. It was nice to have dinner cooked for me though!

Tomorrow is my early day and I really need to get to bed early. Night night.
Old 01-31-2009, 07:40 PM   #104  

Happy Saturday everyone!!

Just popping in to say Hi. Still nothing new here. Work finally picked up a little, I sure hope it stays that way, it was nice to be busy yesterday. DdA said they actually had a bit of a breakfast rush this morning.

Hope, dinner cooked for you is always a nice thing especially if you don't have to do dishes afterwards.

Sassy how did the babysitting go? I'm so sorry to hear about your hubby's friend. Thats terrible news.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Take care all,
K
Old 01-31-2009, 07:40 PM   #105  
Starting Again

Where are all you wonderful people? If you hadn't been so great over the years I wouldn't care, but you were so now I miss you! Come out, come out!

Not much going on here. I got off at 3pm and took a nap. We are getting ready to go to Outback and eat. We have some gift certificates that I need to use before Feb 10.
Closed Thread