Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 08:51 AM   #46  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Girls,

I'm here. We have a new boss so I'm laying low. So many changes

I'll try to catch up with personals one of these days

Love you !!
Leenie
Old 01-14-2009, 11:31 AM   #47  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Have a great day ladies! I've gotta go or I'm going to be late for work...
Old 01-14-2009, 02:15 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

I hate unpacking...I am so unorganized and its very frustrating and makes me want to just lay down and sleep rather than try to get organized...blah...talk to everyone lata
Old 01-14-2009, 11:40 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 258/252/150

Height: 5'8

Default I'm new to this board....

...but not new to dieting or depression...well, actually I don't know if it's true depression or grief. Hello, my name is Cheryl. I have a post on the intro page, but Ill do a quick intro here. I am 58, married for 4o years, 5 children (all grown-1 still at home) & 4 grandlittles. I was thin until I had my kids when I started to gain weight, but never had the problems with my weight this bad until my 18 yr. old son, Brett, was killed in a MVA the day before my birthday in July of 2005. Since that time I have gained 58 pounds & now is affecting my health. I get the 'I don't cares'...and I EAT...sometimes until I am sick. Since we got back from our family vacation (Jan4th) I have been successful at eating sensibly & healthier...I only hope I can continue. I know in my heart that destroying my health isn't going to bring my son back nor stop the pain of missing him, but that did not stop me from eating. So, I am working at not letting grief ruin my health.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:15 AM   #50  

awww cheryl that is aweful...its almost like I can feel your pain just from how you talk. I dont know how I would ever handle losing a child...I would def. lose it. I hope we can be of help to you here. Our boards are running slow for some reason this winter....not sure if everyone is overly depressed and dont want to right or just really busy with school...but they should pick back up (hopefully) Sometimes it used to be so busy you couldnt keep up!! if you need anything you can send a private message!!

Ok to the rest...Completely a blizzard and a mess out there...kind ya but then my dr. appt for meds is in the morning and like 30mins away so I REALLY REALLY need to get to it since It will be close to a week I have been out of meds and I am starting to feel it and will probably lose it soon!! Ok lata all!!
Old 01-15-2009, 12:40 AM   #51  
Starting Again

Cheryl. So nice to meet you. I'm sorry for your loss. I hope we can be of some help or at least some company to you. Congrats on the healthy eating. I'm envious!

It was a long day today. I got off at 9:15 and then went to pool league till 11:00. I did win my match so yay. I'm just tired, tired, tired. This no day off thing is getting to me I think even though it hasn't been that long.

Momof4: Unpacking sucks! I think it is really hard to be organized with the depression thing going on. Everything seems so overwhelming.

I'm jealous of everybody's snow!
Old 01-15-2009, 06:27 AM   #52  
-^.^-

S/C/G: 155/148/125

Height: 5'0

Welcome Cheryl! I'm so sorry to hear about your son! D:

Hope4Me: You can take some of my snow! Please do! We got a few inches this week, and today it's supposed to get to about 30-40 below zero. Luckily school was canceled so I have more time to study for my finals which are next week.
Old 01-15-2009, 01:49 PM   #53  

Height: 5'6"

Good morning everyone

Cheryl I'm so sorry for you loss. This is a great place and I look forward to getting to know you better.

Hope you are more than welcome to some of our snow! Congrats on winning your match last night. And remember to take a few minutes for just you.

momof4 drive carefully. I'm really hating the winter driving, because we got so much snow at once the road maintenance has been a little behind. Good luck with the unpacking.

skinny lucky they cancelled school for you they don't seem to do that here unless the power is off. The only time my kids get an unscheduled day off is if the bus can't make it because of either snow or ice. We use to have the policy if the temps went below -35*C the buses wouldn't run, but they cancelled that, so if the buses start they run.

Had a fairly decent day yesterday with going to town. While DdA was at uni I had cofffee and a chin wag with a friend and then picked up my mom and went to costco and picked up some meds. Thankfully DdC decided she was tired and didn't really want to go to judo, so I didn't have to go out again.
Just laundry planned for today oh and I suppose I should cook a real dinner for tonight.

Take care everyone and have a wonderful day!
K
Old 01-15-2009, 11:20 PM   #54  
Starting Again

Buddly, what is a chin wag?

Heather, still sick?

Oh, and thanks everybody for all the snow.

Not much going on here, work & come home, work & come home.
Old 01-16-2009, 01:33 AM   #55  

Hey Hope, a chin wag is just a way of saying talking, visiting etc.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:02 AM   #56  
Getting my Halle bod! :)

Height: short stack

Hi Everyone,
Welcome Cheryl! Not much is going on with me but just wanted to check in. It's finally Friday!
Old 01-16-2009, 11:43 AM   #57  

I got my meds back YAAA....I actually got upped to 150 2x a day. I told the dr I thought my body was getting used to it and he said I was on such a low dose to so he thought we could put it up to 150 if thats not enough 200 he sched. a 2 month check up. I managed to not have a break down since I ran out of pills...wed. was tough I almost flipped out but I did good. So I hope this works better. He also did blood work just to make sure everything is fine with my thyroid and liver and all that. Ok gotta start school with boys....have a good day!!
Old 01-16-2009, 12:29 PM   #58  

Smile

Hi everyone,
Greetings from Amsterdam
I am new to this site and I am so thrilled to have found it!
2008 was a bit of a rotten year for me and at the end of it I was exhausted, very depressed and at the highest weight I have ever been.

So I have decided that this year I am going to take good care of myself, and losing weight and finding some support are a very important step in this.

hope to be meeting you all on this site often!

Carla

Last edited by dutchgirl; 01-16-2009 at 12:30 PM.
Old 01-16-2009, 01:02 PM   #59  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hey all.

I know I don't post much here anymore, but seems like I don't belong anymore.

But just wanted to come in and wish everybody well and also give to those struggling right now.

ME? I am basically done with people who are selfish and only think about themselves and only get in touch with DH and me if they need something! So like that Jo Dee Messina Song, My give a D@m!'s Busted!"

Well that is about it.

Have a good one.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:35 PM   #60  
Starting Again

Hi everybody,

Sassy: I wondered why we didn't see you much. I hope by not fitting in you mean you don't feel depressed as often? We've missed you.

Welcome Dutchgirl! Sorry about your year.

I don't have a lot to say since it seems that all I do is work, plan dinner, cook, and go to bed. I may try to have lunch with a friend tomorrow after work. It's so hard to make time for friends when you work everyday, and forget cleaning the house...

Buddly, I should have figured that out!

Last edited by hope4me; 01-16-2009 at 10:36 PM.
Closed Thread