Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 12:08 AM   #16  

S/C/G: H178/S170/140/135

Height: 5'3"

Good luck tomorrow Hope4me!! I know you can do it!! You're right... keeping busy does help! As much as I'm ready to retire, I am grateful for work some days.

Thanks for the thoughts... we are still in limbo with whether the experimental drug is working or not.. not a good sign as we were told we would see a difference inside a month... we're into month 3. Next big appt with update on the drug is mid Feb... hurry up and wait.

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow!!!
Old 01-06-2009, 07:42 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 204/204/150

Height: 5' 10"

Hi everyone,

I think I only posted on here once or twice before this, so I'm kind of a newbie. I've fallen off the weight loss wagon, but have re-committed myself. I've set a 15 pound goal for my birthday in April.

Amarie - I know exactly the struggle you are having with your pup. My boyfriend and I just made the difficult decision to put his almost 11 year old chocolate lab down last week, New year's eve to be exact. We found out on X-mas eve that he had a mass on his spleen, which apparently these kinds of mass'/tumor's are common in Labs, German Shepard's and Retriever's. He'd been up and down for the past few months but usually bounced back. Just with his age, he'd been slowing down a lot, but his eyes were still so bright. It was the hardest decision we've had to make and I didn't think it would be so hard. Andy has only been in my life for about two years, but he's the sweetest boy and I miss him everyday even though I know he's in a much better place with no pain.
I have a 10 year old girl of my own and hope that I never have to make that decision for her. She's a much smaller breed and even though she and Andy are only a few months apart age wise, she's as active as she's always been.

Last Friday I went out to a couple websites in effort to ease the constant tears, aching in my heart and tightness in my chest and found a great poem by an unknown author, but reading the words gave me some comfort. I had a cat pass away earlier this year as well so I think I was grieving for him too.

If you would like the website or the poem, please let me know and I can either post it here or send you a pm.

My days are okay, I'm still seeing a counselor, I have an appointment today. The boyfriend and I are working on our relationship issues, so we'll see how things go. I don't want to bore you all with the issues I've been struggling with, but one thing at a time right? He's going out of town the weekend after next so maybe the time apart will do us some good. I'll get a whole 5 days alone, just me and my girl.

Thanks for "listening" to me, talk with you all soon. Have a good day!
Old 01-06-2009, 06:33 PM   #18  

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone

Hi Judo and Raven great to see you again.
Judo our cold snap ended right around Christmas. I'm trying to figure out which is better, clear and really cold or warmer and snow, I'm not enjoying either right now!!

Amarie so sorry about your pup. She knows you love her. I'm really dreading when our Max gets there. It was hard enough trying help silly little hamsters go.

Hope glad to hear things are going alright. Keeping busy is usually a good thing. My work has been kind of slow, I hate having to look for things to clean just to pass the time.

Hey Angie glad to see you back.

Hi there Lauren, leenie, momof4, butterfly,sassy, cathy, heather, liz and everyone else (I'm terrible with names)

Well the furnace saga continues. Had a different repair guy from a different company out this morning. And as far as he could tell our furnace was working properly. But he did have a few suggestions for me and nicely gave me his cell number so we can phone if we need "talking through" and that will save us the $96/hr his company charges.
We are under a heavy snow advisory and boy is it snowing. DdA went out and her friends little kia got stuck at the end of our driveway. We managed to get her out, good thing I paid attention to what my hubby did every time I got stuck!! I am so glad I don't have to go out and drive in it.
Other than that, same ol' same ol'.
Take care everyone and try to have a wonderful day,
K
Old 01-06-2009, 07:41 PM   #19  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

HI girls - I'm so sorry I haven't been around. I'm so tired I can hardly think. I know it's just a slow recovery from this cold/sinus infection, and being back at school, but I'm really dragging.

Hope - how was your first day doing taxes?? You've done so well and worked so hard to get here!!

Amarie - thinking of you, as you know I am.

Hi to Leenie, Lauren, K, Angie, Judo, SassyGirl - I'm sure I'm missing folk - sorry! Love you all!

Heather
Old 01-07-2009, 09:33 AM   #20  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Back to work for me......

Talk to you soon
Old 01-07-2009, 09:43 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 230/160/140

Height: 5'5

hi all i am new to this site. my name is sarah. I will be 27 years old next month and have been battling my weight since i had my 1st daughter almost 10 years ago. last year i shot up to 230 lbs. i have been watching what i have been eating and started doing pilates the last 2 months..... i have lost 46 pounds so far so i am down to 184 and still need to lose 44 more pounds. I just came upon this site the other day and decided to register. It is great to be able to talk to others that are in the same boat and can relate to the struggles of losing weight. good luck to you all and have a great day!
Old 01-07-2009, 02:09 PM   #22  

Height: 5'6"

Hi all!

srburn looking forward to getting to know you better. Congratulations on the 46lbs gone!!wow, great job!!

Still snowing here not sure when its going to stop. I can't believe how much we have already. Thank goodness for snow blowers. Decided that DdA can have a snow day as I really didn't want to drive up the hills to the university. I was going to keep DdC home, but her bus came on time and she has a socials test she couldn't really miss.
Nothing else going on.
Take care everyone and stay safe,
K
Old 01-08-2009, 08:44 AM   #23  

S/C/G: H178/S170/140/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone,

Have a wonderful weekend. I am leaving right after work today to join two other gals in the city and then we are off to Minneapolis for the weekend. I took tomorrow off so that we get an extra day as we plan to stop in a small city on the way to Mnpls which is an "outlet" city for clothing. I've hit the 30 pound mark and I'm in desperate need of clothes. I have one pair of pants, one pair of jeans and about 4 "nice" tops for work (no jeans at work). I've been making do, but can't anymore. I hate clothing shopping, but I'm hoping it won't be so unpleasant now that I've dropped several sizes.

See you next week! Stay warm those of you (us) in cold climes!!
Old 01-08-2009, 09:56 AM   #24  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Hey guys, sorry havent checked in for a while, more and more people are joining us and its hard to keep up and write personals. But I'm thinking of you all and wishing you well all the same!

I'm still doing okay, still determined to fight those bad days and not let them bring me down. I'm in the process of university applications as well as trying to do my best on the current course I'm taking, so that is getting stressful, but I'm fine.

Judo - I hate clothe shopping too, but I think part of it is I put to much pressure on myself about it - I either think it will be a nightmare or everything will look great. whatever happens, dont let it get you done I am sure you look great

Heather get some rest!

Buddly hope everything is well, all that snow sounds overwhelming! We havent had snow like that in years.

Srburn and Angie, nice to meet you both! Welcome
Old 01-08-2009, 05:59 PM   #25  
Getting my Halle bod! :)

Height: short stack

Hi,
I haven't been online as much because I have been extremely busy, but I've been thinking of everyone!
Old 01-09-2009, 12:56 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

Hey girls!! Well I am getting pretty settled in the house!! It just feels like home. The last home was so...blah and didnt have that nice cozy home feeling. We are getting stuff put away. We had to finish up the last house which there is still an ongoing mess with the landlord..to long to explain. I was to be done with my seasonal work by the 15th. I went in today and they were like I think the boss is keeping you on a week longer than the seasonals. I was like great...lol I do like it but the schedule is so hard and conflicting with everything. Jeff's schedule is full and even if hes not busy then thats family time. It will all work out!!
I still have to schedule with the dr. My sleeping has not gotten any better. its getting back to I am sleeping in till like 10:30 11 in the morning. The boys will watch a movie in their room till I get up. The kids stay up later at night and they dont take naps so they are tired and sleep in with me. Its really bad I just plan dont want to get up even though I got enough sleep. It is a REALLY REALLY awful feeling to have. I just never thought I would be feeling this again since I had got on meds and came out of all this. I just have to call and sch. an appt. I havent cause I dont want to take all 4 kids in the office with me so I need to find someone to watch them or a time when dh is home.

Ok well not much new.....ALOT of NEWBIES here!! WHich is awesome!!
WELCOME everyone new!! I haven't been able to do personals for a while. I used to do them all the time but just havent done them much in a while!
Ok well I am gonna go maybe try to sleep!!
CATCH YOU ALL LATA!!
Old 01-09-2009, 09:42 AM   #27  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Judo WTG !!!

New Friends
Old 01-09-2009, 09:28 PM   #28  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Hi everybody,

I was off today. We slept in and then ran errands all day. I had prescriptions to pick up and grocery shopping to do. Yippee. It was still nice to be off.

Doing taxes a few days ago went fine. I work again on Tuesday. All people can get right now is a refund anticipation loan. It really won't start till the sixteenth of the month. I don't think I'll be getting as many hours as I was hoping however. Every little bit helps though.

We finally met with a realtor. It is going to be expensive to move. Yikes. I hope we find something we like. We are going to look a little before we put ours on the market.

to all who need it. I have to be at work by 6am so I've gotta run. I've missed you all.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:58 PM   #29  
-^.^-

S/C/G: 155/148/125

Height: 5'0

Hi everyone. I'm new to this section of the forum.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:54 PM   #30  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Hi all

Angie - thanks. I think I know the poem you mean, the one about rainbow bridge? It really is lovely. Cleo, bless her heart, is doing much better. I have an appointment with the vet here. I'm just grateful for what time I still get to spend with her.

Hope - I'm glad tax-stuff went well

I am already super busy with class again. Soooo much reading to do this quarter its driving me crazy!

Happy weekend everyone.
Closed Thread