Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 10-28-2008, 09:52 AM   #61  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi ladies,

I changed the title of this thread so we can just continue it for this week.

Have a great day !!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 11:46 AM   #62  
cher37

Thx for the compliment Momof4under5 - although it makes me kindof laugh a bit b/c your signature says "organized people are too lazy to look for things" !! LOL !! ... I tend to work well under pressure & definitely when $ is tight - I buckle down. I also am a control freak - it drives me crazy when my hubby wants to go grocery shopping w. me b/c the bill is always 30-50$ higher than I budgeted! Now, this is when I'm not tired! when I'm tired, it's just soup for everyone & the dog gets short walks. I just have to remember that things always look better w. some healthy food in belly & rest.

Hi Lauren ... my dress challenge???? well I met my Oct goal, just have to focus on eating lots of fruits & vegs to meet my Nov goal - one day at a time right?!? stick with it - you're doing good, even though you're not losing right now - YOU'RE NOT GAINING

How're yah doing there Iris? Hopefully the weekend parties 'round town have stopped - just think of the calories they all consumed!! !LOL! just a thought - have you thought of joining a book club at you're local library?

Stick with it ladies - Have a good day!
Old 10-28-2008, 11:52 AM   #63  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Ugh..this weather is starting to get to me. It reminds me of washington. I wish I never liked there. I wish it would snow, snow makes me happy, lol.
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 01:40 PM   #64  
frustrated foodie

S/C/G: 237/223/size 10/12

Height: 5'5.5"

I so have been trying to meal plan and stock up for the impending lean time we'll encounter due to the economy, but I go to work & come back and my ingredients have gone into the belly of the newly unemployed hubby! I've also had to struggle about the second, or third or FOURTH(!) serving he gets up for-leaving me without leftovers to bring to work! I keep on asking "are you sure you're hungry?" but it doesn't seem to phase him. Maybe if I wasn't such a good cook...
owlmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 06:47 PM   #65  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

owlmonkey - what about taking some of the food out before serving to save for work the next day? That is typically what I do. There is plenty of food for everybody and we're not tempted to go back 100 times if there isn't any left
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 10:48 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

cher- I just put that because I am unorganized and it made me laugh...LOL... I hope I didnt offend you. I just so want to be organized but its not something that comes over night so it is taking me time to get to the point I need to be in...Money is a huge area I really need to be disciplined in..I dont go crazy but I am not strict and with 7 people in the house you have to be strict. Maybe we can chat sometime and get some ideas...Ok just wanted to clear it up and make sure you weren't offended cause I never meant to...Ok lata
momof4under5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 11:18 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

cher - weekend festivities are all over. unfortunately i think i took in as many calories in my lonely binge-fest as everyone else did with tailgating treats and beer! *sigh* honestly i'm involved in quite a few things, just unable to make any lasting relationships with anyone. People are so busy! (and I am included in that, but... if i'm not going to be productive on the weekend anyway, i'd much rather be out with a friend than moping around alone)

Anyway I feel better today - partly because i straightened out last night and finished without MORE of a binge and then I was busy straight from 9 am - 7 pm. I might try to talk to my Dr. about this when I can afford a visit, because i definitely get A LOT more depressed at a certain part of my cycle. We've worked on this before, it's much better when I'm on birth control, but still not really good.

zeffryn, you are right on with putting some food away before you start digging in for dinner. I have to do that, even though i only cook for one, or else I'll go back for seconds or even just start eating it as I'm putting it away. It's much safer if it's already safely tucked in the fridge!
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 11:39 PM   #68  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Hi everybody,

Sorry I've been MIA. Work and school, the usual stuff is taking all my time. I spent the day in class and then working on my take home test. Tomorrow I meet with a study group in the morning and then work from 12-9.

Congrats to all of you attempting to eat well. I can't seem to get a grip and make myself care enough to do it.

Have a good day tomorrow ladies!
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 01:24 AM   #69  

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone!

Its hard to believe tomorrow is Wednesday already.
Saturday our one smoke detector kept going off so we had to unplug it (electric) So on Sunday we went and got two new detectors. Ours were 13 years old so we are now set until 2018! We also picked up a co detector. I guess we are set for winter now!
I was pleased that I was able to walk for the entire hour that DdC was in judo. Tonight I did the treadmill thing.
Tomorrow I have another chiropractors appt. I also have to take the girls in for their annual portrait.

Anyhow take care all,
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 11:24 AM   #70  
cher37

Good Morning Everyone

Ok, I won't bore you w. the weather - but suffice it to say we had quite a wind storm 40-50km/hr last night!

Anyways...keep smiling Iris It's been 3 yrs since we moved here & I'm just now starting to make a connection w. a couple ladies - nothing like being with old friends, but I had to speak up, suggest getting together & risk being hurt/rejected. It gets harder to make friends the older you get (now you're not there yet & I definitely am not there yet!! LOL) but people start to put up walls once they're in their own routines.

For sure Momof4under5, PM me anytime! & I definitely was not offended Have fun with your signature!!

Take good care of yourself OwlMonkey & you can't let yourself get tired & sick, always better to handle things well rested.

Hello Lauren, hope your continuing sticking with tracking your eating & getting back to your gym that you loved so much in the beginning

& Have a good day everyone!
Old 10-29-2008, 02:39 PM   #71  
sct
Shy chick

S/C/G: sw167/cw145

Height: 5'-10"

Hi all

I can't believe it's only Wednesday This week just doesn't wanna end. I'm completely exhausted and I can't wait to sleep in on Sunday. I might just sleep allllll day.

I'm on a quest to find a pair of tall warm winter boots that aren't too expensive. so far I'm having no luck. I might have to resort to buying online but I don't like to do that with shoes since they differ so much on sizing between brands. Oh well. I'll just keep looking.

Happy Hump Day!

-sarah
sct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 12:23 PM   #72  

Ok Well I have a few minutes to go over my week. We did our **** House this past weekend (you tour thru our church to different dramatic scenes and see how their choices while they lived affected them fro eternity) We sold 765 tickets. There were more than that went thru. All we hear now is how we should have it more days. There was a mother that called and said her 26 yr old son just got out of jail and when he walked in the door he told him mom his life will never be the same. She said its like having a different kid. That is just awesome There were many lives changed. I swore I would not do it again. Because being one of the people directing it and the only one of three to ever do productions before...the day of I was running with my head cut off. I had to lay in a casket in **** and in between scenes I had to run upstairs without any other tours seeing me and fix scenes and fill in spots where people left and take care of teenagers ... So yeah I lost like 3 lbs just in one night from running all around. So I said I would not do it again if I helped I wouldnt be in a scene I would make sure everything runs smoothly!! We spent all week last week setting up. Then my kids hardly seen us then monday we had to tear down. Then my husband left on buisness for three days. He comes back tonight. The kids keep asking when he will be home!! I missed meds for like 4 days last week because i ran out and lack of time to get them..well I am feeling it: this week all I want to do is stay in bed and sleep . I even set an alarm for 9:30 not early at all and I couldn't even shut the alarm off i just laid there ....the kids woke up at like 10 because they were up late getting home from church.....but i know if I could have I would not have gotten up ....like I am counting down till nap time..REALLY REALLY SAD ...
Well thats about all...my laundry is behind but that is because nobody helped last week like they were suppose to. Every day dh is to wash a load fd throws it in the dryer and then I fold it...they did NOTHING ....then yelled and complained to me they had no clothes ...I said I AM NOT doing all the laundry myself. I know some of you mothers are like UGHHHH I cant believe her . But its not like I just have one or two kids at home. I have a 5 year old I teach his school a 4 year old I preschool , a 2 year old I have to keep out of stuff and a 1 year old who loves the steps ....I have school, diapers, lunch , cleaning up the downstairs several times ....I cant sort, wash, dry, fold, and put away 7 peoples laundry. So when my husband didn't have any clothes for work and had to wash the night before he got mad and was like I'll just was my own clothes. I said ok ...and I went up an pulled out the kids (not the 15yr olds) and my clothes and had them almost washed when they all got home. He says didn't you get my work clothes washed. I was like you said you would do your own clothes ...yeah he was a little mad ....I REFUSE to be a flippin maid and that is what I become if I just do everything for everyone. Doing things for my kids is different. Plus I cook meals everyday for everyone. I do the dishes most of the time. I clean the living room, dinning room, I sweep every day. I did the outside lawn care. I do the grocery shopping. I do do motherly and wife things but there is a line to be drawn. No I am not one of those liberal wives that wont submit to her husband and all that...I do submit to him but I wont be treated like crap and be the maid like I seen my mom do for years and still to this day . My dad could be in the kitchen and still make her get him a drink ....which at that point is wrong...ok off my soap box....

I need to do school ....catch you lata everyone
Old 10-30-2008, 01:46 PM   #73  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Chickies,

I'll be traveling for a few days and prob won't be back until Nov 10th. If you have any problems here please do not hesitate to report it to one of the bigger Chicks

God Bless and have a wonderful week !!

Love yah, Leenie
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 02:11 PM   #74  
cher37

Wow! Momof4under5 - you sure do have your hands full, here's a big ol' going out from me to you. Although, my house isn't quite as full as yours, the pressure to keep up with the housework & parenting etc. can take no time at all to build up! My hubby had complained for years that he had no clothes ready in the closet (wears a suit during the week, sometimes dress clothes 2-3x/wk & likes to have a variety to chose from) - the clothes would be cleaned, just not ironed. So I would ask him what he wants, then iron it. Like I said, this had gone on for years (I refuse to pay for dry cleaning when I can do a better job at home) & one day it clicked... if I need to do the ironing 1st thing before cleaning toilets & vacuuming to keep the peace, then this is what I have to do! Oh, and of course, I would want immediate praise - which was met with a "well, let's see how long this lasts" ... negative attitude aside, I continued with the big picture, blessing him with what he wants (variety of clothes, ready to wear in closet), so that he can start the day off right to go to work & provide for our family so I can stay at home. It all worked out in the end!

Anyways, be strong, put on some happy music, have a cup of tea (even if it's cold by the time you get to finish it! LOL!) Make a to-do list & put it on the fridge. Everytime you finish something - strike it off. You'll feel better I promise

... by the way .. you changed your pic & signature!!
Old 10-30-2008, 02:23 PM   #75  

When we didn't have so many kids I did make sure he had clothes ready and everything was ready for him. Now that is all not even possible unless i go crazy. Its not that I dont want to do those this I phyiscally cannot...Cause either I have the clothes done for him or he comes home to a dirty house cause 4 little kids can dirty it very fast.....I would rather him come home to a clean house and help me with laundry. I dont want him to have to come home from working all day and have to help clean a house..but to throw a load of laundry in every morning before he leaves takes about 5 minutes not very hard but it still cant be done....by them washing and drying that cuts my time in half.....oh well I guess it will all figure itself out....I have to take lessons from you...and yes I changed my sign. just for you...LOL...ok gotta bath the girls and lay them down for a short name...lata