Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 09-19-2008, 10:21 PM   #46  

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone!
Well today has been a bit better. I got DdC to the orthopedic surgeon this morning. Everything in her elbow looks good, but she can't do the wrestling like activities in judo for four to six months!! She was wanting to try out for nationals this year but that won't be happening, but as the doctor said, you only get one right elbow in your life so we have to do what we can do to keep it healthy. One good thing is he said she can do her exercises at home and doesn't need to go in for physio.
Work was really busy today and thankfully I don't have to go back until Tuesday. And she cut my hours, now I work 12 hours a week instead of 15. She asked first and this way I know I can go and find something else that I would probably like better.

Have fun on your vacation Sassy!
Enjoy your retreat momof4, you definatly need a break!

Hope do you get the weekend off from everything?

Tera how about you, do you get the weekend to rest? How was the biology test?

judo, leenie, amarie, cathy, spoz and everyone else, Have a great weekend!

Take care all!
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 01:32 AM   #47  
stand-up philosopher

S/C/G: 276/260/???

Height: 5'7"

Hi, gals!

K, I just realized what that pic of your dog reminds me of... Elton John a la 70's.

My weekends are usually pretty busy, and this weekend is pretty usual. I've got a meeting with one of the ladies that B works with to do her nutritional profile (we sit down and answer a bunch of questions about the way she's feeling, what her weight goal is, how far she is from that goal, and whether there are any medical conditions that are concerning her, then I'll recommend some supplements that will help her with her goals/concerns). I also have to go to the woods and find a big stick.

Um... that might require further explanation. I have an assignment due in Music Appreciation on Monday night that requires building an instrument and then writing a fictitious history about it ("native Australians used to use these drums to blah blah blah"). I've decided to invent the armpit harp. It's basically a Y shaped stick with strings between the forks. You stick the third end under your arm to play the harp two-handed. I'll make up some story about shepherds wanting music in the fields or something. Wonder how you say "armpit" in greek?

Sunday is church, in the afternoons we have a small group that meets. This Sunday our small group is going to be visiting a wildlife refuge. We are considering visiting regularly for ritual and retreats.

I really look forward to Wednesdays being my quiet days.

Hope & K: I got a B on the biology test. Hard academics are not my strong suit; I prefer more creative, contemplative subjects like philosophy and social sciences.

For a moment I got really annoyed with myself, but I went back over my previous grades and I haven't lost the A in that class quite yet. Yes, I'm perfectly aware that a B is a good grade, but I have a 4.0 so far, and if I can maintain it, it can mean quite a difference in the amount of scholarship money that I'm eligible to apply for. If I get a B and wreck my 4.0, then I won't be too upset if I end up with another.

Hope: You know, if you're not getting enough rest, that can really make it hard to take care of yourself in other ways. I think that if I had rest, exercise, and eating all out of whack, I'd work on getting enough rest first, then add the exercise and better eating, once my sleep schedule had improved.
twilit tera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 06:44 AM   #48  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Talking Morning!

Morning.

Yup I just got up opposed to be still being up. Very strange being on a "dayshift" schedule..........It took my body a couple of days to "adjust" but now I think I've got it.........I think we're going out today. DH and his friend rode their motorcycles out to an Amish bakery and DH wanted to take me, said its a nice drive and that the bakery is amazing. Yeah, I know, a bakery is the last place that I should be going, but hey, its my vacation and my bday (9/24) and 10 yr. Anniversary (9/26) (that should answer the question of when they are -- lol) so yeah not too worried about my diet right now. Not that I am gonna overdo it, but ya know...........

Well I hope you all enjoy your weekend!!!

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 10:37 AM   #49  

S/C/G: H178/S170/140/135

Height: 5'3"

Ohhhh Sassy!!! Happy BOTH!!! and ENJOY!!
JudoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 02:46 PM   #50  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Well, I got fired today. Went out, got drunk, sobered up then devoured some 700 calories plus... Aren't I proud of myself?
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 04:51 PM   #51  

Height: 5'6"

Lauren big
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 05:28 PM   #52  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Spoz, that sucks!! Here's a couple more...

Buddly, being that it's retail I usually work on the weekends. I get 2 days a week off from work, but one is the day that I have my class in the morning and pool at night so it's not really a day off. The other one is random.

Twilit: I have to admit that I read the line about needing to find a big stick a couple of times!

I'm fighting the urge to take a nap. I need to read for class and do laundry.
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 07:05 PM   #53  

S/C/G: H178/S170/140/135

Height: 5'3"

so sorry to hear that Spoz *hug
JudoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 12:50 PM   #54  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Red face Happy Sunday Ya'All!!!

Hello all.

Thanks for the well wishes. Well we went to the Amish Bakery yesterday, it was neat, they had lots of things there, not just food! They had furniture, a mini-log cabin, gazebos, childrens playground stuff that was cool, it was awesome and as DH said, an awesome drive up there, very pretty. We stopped and Great Steak and Potato after, as we both haven't had that in a long time, we only each ate 1/2 our sandwich and 1/2 a small fry. I told him, "We are pathetic, maybe next time we should order a "Happy Meal" " in which he replied to me, "you still wouldn't finish that either." Ahhh it was a good feeling though.

Spoz -- Big I know it was a big blow to us when DH got fired, but as I told him, "Maybe its the "kick" you needed to go do what you REALLY want to do" Now I dunno what your job was and maybe that was your dream job, I dunno, but do try to think of the positive side. I know that is very hard to do when you are going through this right now, but maybe begin to think of something you have always wanted to do, that you never could before due to work and then DO IT! Also there is unemployment. Even if you think you are not qualified, apply anyway. Then most likely your work will contest it, then do an appeal, most of the time the unemployment sides with the employee. Trust me. We did not think DH would get it, but he did. His co. contested it right away of course, then he appealed it and now he has it. It is such a big relief, I know not quite all the money he made before, but it does help a bunch. So just some little tips for ya, just because we just went through that and well I guess technically are still going through it, but we are doing ok. He has had several interviews and this last one he just had his 2nd interview for and its a great opportunity, something he really, really wants to do. If he had still been employed by the previous co., he wouldn't have applied to this one. So keep your head up, chickie. As always, I am always available to talk too on PM, etc......Big big to you!

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 01:40 PM   #55  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Thanks guys. The work was only part time to help me get through college, but the fact is I now how to look for new work and thats the problem. Right now in the uk even very qualified people are finding work difficult to come by because of the current economy, and I just dont have the confidence or qualifications. I'm just going to look for jobs and see what happens.. thank again everybody.
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 06:15 PM   #56  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

I'm home and sleepy LOL

TTYT
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 08:21 PM   #57  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Me too Leenie, and I didn't even go anywhere, just to work.

I hear ya Spoz, everytime I start to complain about work I also think about how grateful I am just to have a job, any job. I didn't have one all last year b/c things are so tough out there. Happy hunting.

Gotta run, dinner is almost ready.
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote