Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 08-18-2008, 12:44 AM   #1  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Talking Weekly Chick Chat -- August 18th - 24th

Hi All,

Wow, almost the end of this month, already! Where does all the time go? Pretty soon we'll be sitting down to Thanksgiving Dinner! LOL!!

Anywho, figured since I'm here, I'd start up a new thread.

Not much going on here. Didn't do much on my nights off, was sick, I had a fever and all that jazz, still not quite 100% yet, but whatcha gonna do? Gotta work to get da money.......esp when I'm the only source of income right now.........

Have a Great Week!
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 09:16 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang

Sassy - somebody said to me yesterday they wished it was November bec it's so hot down here and they are ready for fall. I told them not to be wishing my life away bec it already goes by too quickly LOL you're so right it will be November before we know it - but I don't even want to think about it ;-)

Sassy - I hope you're feeling better!

I got up early and did 2 miles. I'm on a roll just wish some weight would roll right off too

Both of our guys start back classes at college today. Our youngest will graduate in December and boy is he ready to be done with it. Oldest son has at least another year to finish up. I am so proud of these guys! Just can't believe school is back in session already for everybody around here. Time goes way way way too fast for me.

Ok gang, I've got tons of work to do so I better get with it!

I hope everybody has a blessed day!
hugs,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 10:05 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

Feeling pretty good this morning....got stuff to do but not AS much as a normal monday...lol...gotta get back into the excercising since last week was hectic with vbs at night....Side not=sometimes i get so frustrated with laundry and that no one will help that i want to just wash my clothes and not touch anyone elses......Just you think they wore them they can help too...but just a thought!!!

ok lata!!
momof4under5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 10:14 AM   #4  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Today is one of those days when I just feel pointless. Why bother...why try. My feelings just seem to have passed me by again and I just dont care today.
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 12:25 PM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Girls,

Spoz <--- thats a ginormous hug

Sassy, Cathy, Mom

Happy Monday,
Leenie
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 01:19 PM   #6  

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone!

Spoz Maybe we could hold each other up today? I'm feeling like the rug is getting pulled out from under me right now.

Sassy I hope you feel better.

Momof4 glad you feel better this morning.

Leenie did you enjoy your no plan weekend? Our kids go back to school after labour day as well.

Cathy congrats on the exercising! I've actually have been making an effort to get on the treadmill. I can't go very fast because its been nice and warm here, but at least I'm on the darn thing.

Heather

And to everyone else.

We've been busy getting our van ready for our trip. Turned out it didn't need a tune up so it got a once over and an oil change. The a/c only cost $111. to fix. That was a pleasant surprise. Turned out it only needed some adjustments, oil and a servicing. We decided to put new tires on as well, just to be safe. We were going to wait until spring, but. I'm hoping our winter tires are good for another couple of seasons. We also bought a car for our girls. I got a huge shock when it came time to insure the darn thing. Six months of insurance with my daughter as principal operator was over $1000, cost more than what we paid for the car. We still have to take it in for a new windshield (at our cost) but our ddA is thrilled and its nice that she can take herself to work and school now, especially since she will have classes everyday.

I should get going
Take care all,
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 02:02 PM   #7  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Hey girls! I leave tomorrow! Eeeeeek!

Great big to everyone - I will be out of contact for the next few days.

Wish me luck!

Amarie
Amarie2pt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 06:11 PM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Buddly hang in there sweetness.

Amarie, you have a safe good trip and good luck
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 10:45 PM   #9  

S/C/G: H178/S170/140/135

Howdy everyone,

Just got back from the city and hub's bimonthly checkup. Cancer is still in remission *wa-hoo!!

I bought a Michael Thurmond's 6 Day Body Makeover on ebay back in May... when it arrived I was a bit overwhelmed with everything I had to read and figure out,... on top of hub being allowed to return home after the bone marrow transplant..... so I pushed the box under my bed. (would that be "sleeping on it"??)

Well, I pulled it out just over a week ago and have been living at the 6BMO messageboards for the last week, collecting recipes, reading success stories, etc. There was a thread going at this site but it seems to be very inactive now.

Anyway, the idea is to be prepared (hahahah... have we not heard THAT before). So, based on my body type (B.. I'm an endo-meso) I did bulk cooking all day Saturday and then measured out my portions and froze them. I just got back from the city with hub and had dragged a cooler along with me hoping I could stay on program. I was at a BBQ yesterday and hoteled last night... then several appts today while we were in the city. I stayed on!!

Now, my next big hurdle is returning to the city Wed...flying to Vancouver on Thurs and returning next Monday... been on the airline websites checking out "food" in luggage. The very next morning, I return to work... so have to pack 2 OP snacks and a lunch... I'll use the frozen stuff for work, trips away, etc. I think I can actually do this!

Tomorrow morning is my first weigh in (first full week finished). I lost a lot the first few days (was hopped up on salty snacks) so I do expect the next week to be a bit less *lol

See ya tomorrow!!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh.... and I have a Dr appt tomorrow. Get my prescription refilled... been on Wellbutrin for 14 months now, and despite the two cancer diagnoses and all we've been through, I have to say I have not felt this well.. this great in ever ever so long. I told him last time I was there that I wished I hadn't been so flippin stubborn and hard headed about going on medication before I finally did.

Last edited by JudoMom; 08-18-2008 at 10:55 PM.
JudoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 11:02 PM   #10  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Wink Hi Ya'all

Hi All.

I still do not feel quite 100% yet, but ok.......Just kinda have that "icky" feelin'. But I'm glad to feel "icky" at work, vs. when I am at home and can't enjoy myself. At least I'm getting paid, right?? lol.....

Cathy -- yes time sure goes by fast............won't be long and we'll be carving Mr. Tom Turkey. But ya your right, I don't wanna rush things either, even though I do love the fall, have to enjoy every moment....... Wow I bet he is ready to graduate. I remember getting that close, you start getting "itchy feet" to be graduating already! lol.

Momof4 -- Laundry stinks.....esp the putting away part. I hate that part......yuck. lol.

Buddly -- Big to you. Thanks I feel a bit better, not quite 100% yet, but pretty close, maybe 95%? Ya know still have that 5% of "Ickiness" left. lol. Glad you got your stuff for your van, its better to be safe than sorry. Insurance is outrageous, esp for young folks......But ya it will be nice for her to have her own car to get her where she needs to go and all.

Amarie -- Have a Fun and Safe Trip!

Speaking of Insurance, my health insurance is really irritating me! Since I switched it over to being me as the "primary" since my dh is unemployed, they are being buttheads. Its like I'm starting all over again!!! So frustrating! They are fighting against one of my Diabetic Medications that I have been taking for several years now. And I am still with the same insurance and all, just changed the primary from my DH to me is all. They are even fighting with my dr! So ridiculous! I told DH not like its a new medication I'm taking or something that isn't that important, like my wellburtrin, which yes I need, but its not like it will affect my health like not taking my diabetic medication. Luckily he has me on 2 medicines and I have the other one, but still, just irks me that they are battling over that. Its been 2 weeks now without my medication and do they care? Noooooo and its not a medication the drs office gets samples of either........So irritating!!!!!! So I am sure once I have to refill my other meds they are gonna fight me on those too.

Anywho......off my now........lol.

Judo Mom -- We posted at the same time. lol. That is great that he is still in remission! WTG staying OP! Wellbutrin certainly made a big difference to me. I hope it will for you as well.

Big to all that need it right now!!

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 08-18-2008 at 11:14 PM.
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 11:31 PM   #11  

I agree the wellbutrin has helped I wish that I had made the switch earlier..but i didnt realize that the lexapro was not helping anything but moods....all i knew is that i just wanted to lay on the couch and do nothing i had to force myself to do stuff for the kids...it was bad and scary...but that was back at the beginning of the year so we are doing good now...but over at today and feeling really crappy about it....so i really need to step up the excercise

Ok EVERYONE...what is a reasonable goal to be at by like the end of oct.?? Some of you have been doing this way longer but if I really work and stay consistant and watch my eating what is reasonable...

I need to set a goal for then to work towards..ok well i am gonna read and crash!!! lata
Old 08-19-2008, 08:59 AM   #12  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

I'm here - trying to catch up. Hope everybody is doing okay.
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 09:01 AM   #13  

S/C/G: H178/S170/140/135

SassyChick.. lol! I see that!! (posting at the same time). Sure hope your insurance thing gets straightened out.. SOON! and in your favour! And yaaay Wellbutrin!!

Momof4... I'm glad you got your med switched to something you feel better with. That first while... getting the right med and then the right level can be a tough time.

Ok... *drum roll*... first week OP..... (this WILL slow down, but man this feels good!!!)..... 5.5 pounds down!
JudoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 10:34 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

JudoMom - on the 5.5 weightloss! that's awesome!

at this point....I don't know what it would take for me to lose 5 lbs but I'm sure thrilled for you!

I walked 2 miles again this morning I'm drinking a protein shake made with 2 servings of fruit for breakfast, 2 cups of coffee, cereal and milk for lunch, veggies for snacks when I get hungry and then a small portion of whatever we cook for supper. And drinking water out the whazoo.....at least I feel good ... just wish I looked as good as I feel awwwww well the ongoing soap opera of cathy's low thyroid insulin resistant metabolism

anyway......

I'm so glad that your dear hubby's cancer is still in remission! i'm praying it stays GONE GONE GONE!

Heather

Sassy - that is terrible about your health insurance. I certainly understand your frustration. I sure hope you can get it worked out soon!

Leenie bo Deenie - & hope you're having a great week!

Spoz - I hope today is a better day for you!

Amarie - have a safe trip!

Buddly - CONGRATS for getting on that treadmill. I find it's tougher walking on a treadmill then on the floor or track. YOU GO GIRL! someday when one of our guys get their own place and move out, I'm setting up their bedroom as an exercise room and plan to get an elliptical.

Mom - how much weight do you want to lose? I didn't think from any of your pictures that you were overweight. It's a shame that doing laundry isn't listed as exercise huh then we'd all be skin and bones

ok gang I gotta get back to work
hope everyone has a blessed day!
hugs,
Cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 08-19-2008 at 10:37 AM.
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 02:41 PM   #15  

cathy-because most of my weight is in my legs, butt, and stomach....i gained most all it from kids....My ultimate goal is 135-140 but i have somethings going on in oct. and just want to set a goal and but wanted to be reasonable about it. But i know I will work hard to whatever goal I set by that time!! Plus i would like to be thinner for christmas because like we do a christmas party with all my dh family 4 bros and two sisters ( thats not including his dads other kids) but the girls are all skinny and loud mouthed uncivilized people sometimes and I always worry about what they are going to say next. Like the one year it was like 4 months after i had my second child was the party and i had just bought this pink sweater and when i walked in one of them made a rude comment to me about how big my boobs were.....There are all just frank and say what they are thinking so i need to lose weight by then...ok
Just tell me what an ideal goal would be (im 224 right now)....ok thanks

Jess