Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 08-19-2008, 02:54 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

I think of a goal of 15 to 20 lbs by the end of October would be reasonable. That's about 9 weeks at 2 lbs a week would be 18 lbs.

what's everyone else thinking?

and what amount were you thinking about?
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 03:25 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 263/263/140

Height: 5'4" Age: 41

Well, I lost 20lbs so far and looks like I didn't and I'm still depressed.. mostly because I want to be thin, and I want a guy.. it seems to me that no guy wants me the weight I'm at, I'm 26 and only had 1 guy in my whole life.. but ya I also want to be happy and when I was thinner before I was much happier so that's why I'm back to losing weight..

Hopefully I will get out of this depression soon. I applied for a job, haven't heard back, another reason why I'm depressed.. It seems nothing goes well for me.
JellyBean32882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 10:38 PM   #18  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

hi all,

Can't stay long but wanted to say hi.

I think 1-2lbs a week is realistic. It depends on how strict you are. If you workout though it may look like more.

Jelly- I know the feeling, I was happier thinner. Hang in there, it's hard when you start to lose but still don't feel comfortable at the weight you are. Job hunting sucks too, I know cause I was out of work all last year.

Judo-So glad to hear the good news. I know you are relieved.

Cathy-You are doing so well. Bravo!

Heather-Good to see you again.

Sassy-Isn't insurance the most annoying thing ever? I know, I used to sell it.
I hope they do right by you.

Leenie-Yeah, what's the deal with no control over the eating? It's like it comes and goes at will and you have no power over it. I know that can't be true, but dang, how do you turn things around?

Spoz and Buddly- Feeling any better? Hope so.

Amarie-Cant wait to hear all about it!

Gotta run...Love you all

Last edited by hope4me; 08-19-2008 at 10:40 PM.
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 01:19 AM   #19  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Red face Hi

Okay, so I finally got me an organizer, a very small one that fits in my purse. I wrote down (very "old school" I know - lol) everything I ate and drank yesterday, man calories really add up! I am seeing how many calories I waste on soda, so I think that will help me finally the habit! I say this as I just finished one, but it is the same one I had from yesterday. (I put it in the fridge and all) But now I have my water and I bought some of those sugar-free flavors to put in it. The kind I got are called "Aqua fushions" this one is Orange with Ginsing. It tastes like a very very watered down orange drink..........

Yesterday for lunch I had a spring Green salad with Vinegrette and it was SO good and filling! I was surprised! I thought I'd be hungry in an hour or so, but nope! Best of all, I felt better afterwards. Usually after lunch I am soooo sleepy, but I wasn't yesterday at all! Tonight I have a lunchable cuz I just didn't feel like another salad. Now I know I probably could have two salads for my one lunchable, but its what I wanted. Guess I'll have to just learn the "checks and balances" I never was good at "accounting" I could never "balance" at the end! But it is a beginning. I am taking responsiblity to what I put into my mouth. Now I need to get to the exercising to subtract some of those calories! lol. Now someone heated something up for lunch and it smells oh so good and now I don't want that stupid lunchable.........sigh.............well dh wanted me to get him some cash for the parking garage for his interview today (Wed.) so maybe I'll go to the grocery and see what sounds good to me............

So my grand total of calories yesterday? 1173 Total.

Today has been bad. I'm afraid. But what can I do but do better tomorrow, right?

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 08-20-2008 at 01:24 AM.
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 10:34 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

I was doing so well and keeping up the steady weight loss...I am not going to get on the scale until I excercise some more cause my eatin the last like 2 or 3 days have been bad....Like yesterday I Made a roast, mashed potatos with gravy and corn.....I will eat some of that for lunch today...Usually I dont eat breakfast just a lunch and dinner and usually not much of a snack anymore but lately I have been eating snacks and BAD ONES....
I am completely TIRED...my dad thought he had a kidney stone and went to the er last night while i sat with the foster kids and they didnt get home till like 12 something so I didnt get home till after 1 so just a lil tired i usually go to bed at one so wasnt too bad but my nerves are gone cause i forgot my meds yesterday!!

Ok I gotta get going and finish this laundry up before i have to do it all over on saturday again!!
momof4under5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 12:55 PM   #21  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

18 Tomorrow and I feel miserable about it. Everybody has been ranting and raving for weeks about this 'milestone' event and it's making me feel miserable. And I always get the response 'but your 18!!' I dont care! I just dont want to acknowledge the birthday, but nobody will leave me alone. Grrr. Other than that I'm ok I guess - plodding along as best I can.

Mom you should eat breakfast, you need it for energy and to start your metabolism for the day.

Cathy - Relate. I've low thyroid and diabetes. Tis a bugger but I guess you just have to be thankful weight loss is still possible!

Buddy Hope you're feeling better
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 02:14 PM   #22  

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone
Leaving in the morning for a week. Haven't done a thing to get ready yet, other than take the van in for maintenance.
Take care all,
K

PS: Spoz *hugs* and Happy Birthday for tomorrow.

Last edited by buddly; 08-20-2008 at 02:17 PM.
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 09:58 PM   #23  
Starting Again

Buddly have fun.

Spoz, not to bring it up but , tomorrow that is.

Tomorrow is another early day for me, I'll be up at 4:30am. I've been making a to do list daily and I'm getting a lot more done. I'm off Friday so I just want to do nothing without guilt.

Sassy, food journaling is very eye opening. Calories are usually much higher than you think they are.

Well, gotta shower and go to bed. I hope to chat more the next couple of days.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:00 AM   #24  

Spoz- I have tried but it usually makes me sick I am in NOOO way a morning person so I end up not having breakfast until like 11 or 11:30 so its like kinda in the middle of lunch and breakfast..LOL... Ok well gotta go get to bed so i have energy!! lata
Old 08-21-2008, 01:39 AM   #25  
~Believe~

Wink Morning

Good Thursday Morning Everyone!!

First, Happy Birthday, SPOZ! I hope its a good one!

Secondly, Good news!! My DH got approved for Unemployment!! The first time he submitted it, the co. denied it, so he sent in a rebuttal and they called and talked to him, asked him a bunch of questions, then yesterday morning he checked his email and saw he was approved! Not only that, but it even states at the bottom of the document that the US Dept. of Labor could not find any just-cause why the co. let my DH go! Basically DH was told that he was let go due to attendance (the co is very strict on that) So the US Dept. of Labor stated that the co. could not justify a reason why they let DH go. They also could not provide enough proof that my DH had excessive absenteeism/tardiness. It says this on his document. I told him he probably could now sue the co. if he wanted. But we don't have the $$ to do that. But it just makes us feel good that we have it in writing that the co. had no just-cause in letting him go. So now they have to pay him unemployment. So HA HA! lol. And you know dang well they will be inquiring with DH's ex-supervisor why he fired him because now they have to pay unemployment. So I think its just hilarious! DH is still job searching of course, but now we don't have to worry as much about $$.

So that is my bit of news. I know it probably is not exciting to any of you, but it is HUGE to us.

Thirdly, I haven't got a good start to this "day" either. But I realize now that its all about balance, I mean that is what "normal" folks do right? They just balance everything out in the end, right? I did find some excellent online food journal sites too, but I am keeping with my "old school" one too so I have it everywhere I go. I think I may need a bigger one though, cuz I want to start planning out my meals and by me writing it down, it like sinks in with me more, if that makes any sense???

Have a Good Day and TG its MY Friday!!!
Old 08-21-2008, 09:47 AM   #26  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Jellybean & JudoMom good go have you back

Can't play but wanted to show you Emma's puppies. She had them last night around 8 - 10 PM. We watched the entire thing and my dd (6) was amazed.

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 08:58 PM   #27  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Hi everyone!

I'm in my new home now!!! It was not the most fun move ever - I wanted to be out of town by noon, and didn't leave until 3:00, so I wasn't able to go as far as I wanted the first day and ened up getting lost trying to find the hotel But the dogs got me up early the next am and I was off! So now I am "home" although I still have piles of boxes to unpack - mof4 I am so feeling your pain right now!!!

I still have not been out around town much at all yet - I only went far enough to return the trailer, then came back here. Tomorrow I think I will try to ride my bike to campus, and maybe find the grocery store. Well, that and continue unpacking. I was a total moron and ended up leaving the bolts to put my bed frame together back at my old house, so now I have to go get new ones - and I have no clue as to size so I suspect i'll have to buy a bunch of sizes, bring them home to try then go back and get enough of the correct one. Shouldn't be too bad.

I ended up deciding to use the office as my bedroom - the owners had picked some very interesting colors for the walls in their bedroom, and while they're perfectly lovely I don't find them at all restful. So I have been moving office furniture - ouch! my neck hurts and my head hurts! But all in all I'm really happy with my new place, and my dogs like it too!

Leenie - the pups are so adorable! And so cute that they are all different colored coats! Sweet.

mof4 - goals always stump me. Maybe 10-15#? When I first started dieting, I could totally handle 2+ a week, but now even when I'm working hard at it (which I haven't been lately) I am happy with .5-1# But thats me. Good luck to you!

Hopey -

Heather - I hope things are looking a little brighter for you today!

Spoz - Happy 18th. I really think this is gonna be a better year!

Jelly - congrats on your loss. If it helps, when I lost my first 20 I didn't look like I'd lost a pound either. And I was still in all the same clothes. Nobody noticed. I think I had to hit 30 or so before I even went down a size, and it wasn't until I was down 40 that people started commenting. But that could be for any umber of reasons.

everyone! See yas tomorrow!

Last edited by Amarie2pt0; 08-21-2008 at 09:00 PM.
Amarie2pt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 10:11 PM   #28  
Starting Again

OK, despite my to-do list today I ended up taking a nap when I got home and didn't get much done. Getting up at 4:30 for a couple of days in a row got to me I guess. I MUST inquire about classes tomorrow before I miss them.

Amare: What are you studying again? and what state are you in? I'm either too forgetful or just too tired tonight. I was wondering if you had gotten there yet. I'm so glad you like it already. That's a good sign. I'm trying not to get in a rut and follow your lead to try to change my life/career.

Leenie, I didn't know you were expecting! How adorable! Are you keeping them?

Sassy, that is big news. I'm so glad for you and your hubby and the $$ will be very helpful I'm sure.

Gonna go to bed so I can get some things done tomorrow.
Old 08-22-2008, 12:19 AM   #29  

I have had the crappiest of crappiest days ever....want to crash so i can start a next day.
Dh was just mean and grumpy with me early this morning when i forgot directions to where i was going and called to ask if he could give them to me
Then registered fster dght in private school (didnt have to but did) pretty much realized i had 5 dollars left for a week so had to fix that
They tell me there is soccor practice every day excp. wed so that means I have to pick her up every day and then they said i have to take her to her games because their bus engine blew up
Then she completely broke her glasses and they are not really fixable
i tried to take a nap but didnt work out had to get up to leave after like 30 mins and i just dont wake up that easy
We were leaving and a case worker called which i had to talk to and the whole time my dh is making comments about having to wait and should just take his car and go and just being RUDE...so finally i told the cw my husband was making comments to me that i had to go
then when i got the mail there was a disconnection notice for phone and puter that was sent a week ago and had to be paid for today yeah and i had no money so had to figure something out there
so then i decided to take a ride by myself to calm down and my dad said I need my prscript from walmart so i left and went the whole way in there
they didnt have it when i called hes like its here on the table you should have taken it like it was MY FLIPPING FAULT..
then my dh said we would go to the park after he practiced music with dad a while yeah it was after dusk and i was like now what so we went to a park that has lights and stays open till 10
then we came home and everyone came in and started eating junk food mostly chips and cookies the my fsterdd wanted to get a can of peaches after she completely pigged out on chips
i was like you just had a snack you can have that tomorrow night or during lunch tomorrow she was furious and went upstairs (i cant help it with 7 people in a house if everyone had 2 to 3 snacks a night we would be completely out in a week and have nothing for the next few weeks..i knwo that sounds mean but i dont have tons of money to let them pig out)
Then I told her she needed to come down and do the rules we all wrote out rules and consq to go over and set up. She completely flipped and was like these arent fair i want family conseling asap...as if its us when our family ran fine before she was here. She thinks there shouldnt be a rule no talking to strangers....shes like well you wave to people and then i was just like listen until your 18 and an adult and mature enough to know who is safe to talk to and whos not then this is the rule you follow....AHHHH
After all i did for her she just made me feel like CRAP
So yeah now I am going to try to go calm down....

I dont want to spend all my days at home with my kids wishing i could get out or i could get a break because then i am going to miss some of the good things so something has to be fixed. I think I might make a set day and hours that I am not here no questions asked I will NOT be here and will not be doing anything for anyone during these hours and find somewhere for me to just go and relax.

I am sorry to dump on all of you but I am to the end of my rope today actually I feel like I fell off my rope it doesnt help this week has been off and have messed up meds...ITS LIKE every month the week before my period i can never remember my meds this is like the third month its been like this only the week before does my meds get forgotten...hmm...ok lata
Old 08-22-2008, 01:43 AM   #30  
~Believe~

Leenie -- Cute Pups!!!

Amarie -- Congrats on the new place!

Hope -- Thanks and we all need rest sometimes.......

Momof4: Big Sorry you had a bad day.

BIG to All!!!