Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 08-11-2008, 01:50 AM   #1  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Talking Weekly Chit Chat August 11th - 17th

Hi Chicks, a new thread.

Please check out the old thread for the last few messages.

Have a Great Week All!!

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 02:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 176

Height: 5"7

Hi everyone i am new to the website...I am 19 in college and my friend and i want to try the best life diet...I find really hard to follow a regimen at home because i dont do the cooking or the shopping and my family is not into eating healthy so I am actually waiting till i go back to school which is less the three weeks to start. When i read the name of the website i got a bad impression but i am presently surprised by the support that you all have for one another...I am so excited about my new regimen....i have bought healty cook books and have been reading alot about weight loss and i feel prepared and anxious to start but i guess i would have to weight until i am on my own...also i have insomnia and that makes it hard to eat breakfast and though i manage to make it to the gym once in a while i am very inconsistent...any advice??? Hope everyone is doing well
startingnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 06:38 AM   #3  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Morning!

I'm off to work... had a low day yesterday - just caught up in memories and couldn't shake it off. Poop.

Hope today improves.

Have an interesting - if not wonderful! - Monday!

Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 09:47 AM   #4  

Height: 5'6"

Good morning everyone
Just wanted to say Hi. Feeling a little low at the moment.

startingnew!! I look forward to getting to know you. And yes this is a wonderful and supportive place. Congratulations for starting the new school year with a plan.

Take care all,
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 09:51 AM   #5  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Hey everybody, I am feeling better this week, trying to just bide my time till I see the doc. Thankyou for the support last week, felt like I was going to implode with all of those emotions.

Starting, welcome to the boards, 3FC is definitely the greatest support group going Nice to meet ya

Heather & Buddly, Hoping you both feel alot better today I'll send good thoughts your way

Last edited by Spoz; 08-11-2008 at 09:52 AM.
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 10:20 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

Its Monday, Rainy, did I mention its Monday and rainy...yeah just want to curl up on the couch and dooo absolutely NOTHING...which I just might do cause all that really needs done is some laundry and dishes (of couse tending to the kids!!)I missed a dose of meds in saturday and missed morning on friday so I am feeling the lack of medicine and motivation. Cause i have been doing good even though I cant get thru the whole 20 minutes of the c25k (couch to 5k) I am doing all that i can but from what i read on the forums a lot of people get their butt kicked the first week they try it. The other day i was doing it and I think I got thru 10 minutes (plus the 5 minute brisk walk) Then my parents came by so I couldnt finish and my dad lectured me on doing that stuff with my knee (I blew out in 99 and had surgery in 00).
Ok well not much going on here so have a good rainy morning!!!
momof4under5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 10:37 AM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Girls

I got a big hug for each of you because you are all so sweet.

Startingnew we're glad you found us.

I have a 3 1/2 hour meeting coming up so I have to run and prepare for it. Have a great day chickies.

Love ya!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 12:54 PM   #8  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Morning everyone!!!!

Oh, I'm so glad to be back here

It was absolutely amazing how physically getting away from everything helped me stop stressing about it - I'd worried that not being able to work on stuff would just make me more down, but from the moment I stepped on the ship it was like that stuff just didn't exist and I could just BE.

There was only one time when I got unaccountably down, and it was that same day that everyone else was down on last week's thread! Too wierd!

I had a blast, managed not to get sunburned, went sea kayaking, snorkeling, cave tubing, and even zip-lining!!! I thought the zip line would freak me out, but it really just was SO much fun - like really flying!!!

So now I'm at my conference - the other half of my trip. I'll be back later

Hi startingnew Hi everyone!!
Amarie2pt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 01:17 PM   #9  

S/C/G: H178/S170/140/135

Height: 5'3"

Hello everyone!

Welcome, Startingnew!

Just checking in.... hope everyone is well.
JudoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 07:30 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 176

Height: 5"7

Thanks everyone today i went to buy some pillows for school and got into a car accident no one was hurt but the other driver tried to take advantage of my cousins young age...we worked everything out needless to say that my cousin has a big bill coming up....glad to see that everyone is doing fine i hope the week continues in that direction the weather today was rather nice and not too hot so other than that one incident today was a good day
startingnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 08:13 PM   #11  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Losing it, losing it, losing it... I thought I wouldn't fall apart - why am I even posting here?
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 09:41 PM   #12  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Wink Hi All.

Hi all.

Looks like a lot of us could use some extra I hope things get better!

Startingnew!

Spoz -- glad your feeling better.

BACK Amarie!!! Glad you had a good time, sometimes we all just need to "Getaway" Hopefully that will be me the end of next month!!!

Well as for me, I have been doing pretty well. If you take a peek at the old thread, I posted all about my blood test results, they were all good! DH's was not, but we will work on it!

DH Has several interviews tomorrow, so please keep everything crossed! Oh and my inlaws said we can have their old treadmill and rowing machine, which are not "old" at all! Now just have to have some space to put them!!!

BIG BIG Heather, PM me if ya wanna chat!!!

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 08-11-2008 at 09:41 PM.
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 10:18 PM   #13  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Heather: You are posting here because you know we care about you and you are taking care of yourself by reaching out to other people. I'm proud of you for putting one foot in front of the other each day when you really don't feel like it. I'm proud of you for working and taking care of the house yourself and keeping a grip on your weight loss efforts. I hope tomorrow you feel at least a little better.

Good to 'see' everybody today. I'm beat so I'm going to bed. I'll try to post more tomorrow.

TTYL
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 11:18 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

not much to report....just here!!
momof4under5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 01:31 AM   #15  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Thanks Sassyfrass!! Its good to be "home"

Heather - I'm taking deep breaths for you. Its all I can do, and Hope said everything I would say better than I ever could. I would just add that you post here because you are real, and serve as a real example to those of us who need one from time to time. I don't say it often enough - thanks for being here. You mean a lot to me.
Amarie2pt0 is offline   Reply With Quote