Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-20-2008, 12:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 210

Height: 5ft7in

Default here it comes again

a panic attack. out of nowhere. pain in the gut rapid feeling heartbeat, strong urge to cry, and again I am trying to control it, took my levsin to guiet the gut pain, realized too late that I have been forgeting my paxil the last two days, breathing quietly and letting the tears flow as they will. thank God this one is happening at home, the last one hit me at work where it is much harder to find a place to let it run its course. thanks for listening
Pixiesue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 01:15 PM   #2  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 196/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Aww Pixie...

Been there...I was having them after my DH was diagnosed with a brain tumor and I was driving to and from the hospital every day...after he was home and doing better I would still get them from time to time while I was driving or even riding in the car sometimes...this feeling of impending doom...almost crushing you into the ground... You know, it is funny, I watched this movie on Lifetime of all places and there was this kid who had panic attacks and was talking to this other kid who had started having one...he shared his technique of getting through it... Along with the slow deep breathing that is...if you can look at something...anything...and focus on it and repeat it's name...either outloud or in your head...just anything that you can see around you...floor..tv...leaf...glass...whatever...just start going around the room or wherever you happen to be and concentrate on *seeing* really seeing...what is around you in your physical space... I have found it helps immensely... I hope it helps you..

Ravengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:35 PM   #3  
newby

S/C/G: 294/see ticker/190

Height: 6ft 0 inch

aww honey i hope you're feeling ok now. panic attacks suck.

i think if you know when they're coming that's a great thing. can you work out what triggers them? It's not the best option but if you can you can avoid whatever it is. sorry not the best advice in the world.
rwitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 08:05 PM   #4  
CURVY VIXEN

S/C/G: 205/194/128

Height: 5'2''

ouch been there, done that.. Have panic really bad, Don't worry about getting the next one.. it might never come. Live life to it's fullest!
purplepansy912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 10:37 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 210/183/150

Height: 5'4"

My doc says to let it come, that it won't kill you. I don't agree with that because when you are in the trembling, chest pain, crying, can't breathe mode you do feel like you are dying. Ravengirl mentioned a good technique that I might try next. The deep breathing and talking myself out of it helps sometimes. Get back on the Paxil and I promise you they will get better. Do you have anything you can take to calm you down while you are having them? I was having them 3-4 times a day and take Klonopin to help keep the anxiety down. Good luck!
gooneybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 07:58 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 210

Height: 5ft7in

thanks everyone, that concentration thing, I will try that. I do have a bottle of tiny white pills, I forget what they are called but I always seem to forget them at the time
Pixiesue is offline   Reply With Quote