Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-15-2008, 02:49 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

MeA-I so just love you...you just encourage me everytime you post!!! So thank YOU!!!! i couldnt resist..hehehe

Mimzy-Yeah its hot and sunny here....nice blue sky but I am sitting in front of the ac!!!

Leenie- I think that was the longest post I have seen you do in oh I dont know MONTHS...haha..j/k.. it was nice to hear from ya you busy woman!!

Heather-I am still in the mood to get it cut but not the I WANT IT NOW..but when I try to wash it and brush it I know i will want to again..I just think its more hassle in the summer cause its usually always up cause its too hot!! I like mowing the lawn also I just feel good after it...UNLESS i get grass blown all over me then I am just annoyed!!!

Raven-I hope everything works out for you....I hate when i get crappy dreams...when i started my Wb i was having dreams like crazy.

Hope-Thats awesome that your getting along with coworkers..that usually helps make the job more enjoyable....your just a charmer thats all...LOL..

Buddly-hope your feeling ok today!!

Francie-WHERE THE HECK ARE YA.....NM I dont want to know...hahaha

Cathy-how many miles are you doing now?? Your probably running a marathon by now!!

Sugga-Where are you...what are you doing...how are you feeling....what do you have planned for the week....come on jump in here!!

Silverstar- how are you...haven't heard much since your first post...are you getting help for your bouts of depression?? Hopefully you can join in here more and let us give you support too!!

Lauren- Girl where are you? Havent heard much from you since your first few posts???

CIN-dont think because you left once you can leave again...I think its a chicks rule you cant leave once you come back...j/k hope your weeks going well!! hope to see you soon "Senior Member" hahahahaha....

Spoz- I hope you got a chance to reconnect a little bit...i am feeling the same with my calories....everyone says its calories in calories out but I think a lot of other things matter like what type of calories..i think I am going to venture back to the ww a little...idk

Sassy- I truly hope your doing ok....I hope your holding up..Just remember in the hard times when everything is going wrong and we dont know how much more we handle that this too shall pass....the rain will stop sometimes and the sun will come out again!!!

IF I forgot ANYONE I am soo truly sorry I didn't not do it on purpose!!

I am going to give myself a timeout!! I got the stuff all outta the play room rearranged the living room, cleaned it and swept cleaned the dinning room and swept cleaned the kitchen and swept and a few odds and ends and everyones napping so I am going to relax....haha...
OK have a great great day everyone!!!!!
momof4under5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 03:03 PM   #17  

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone!

Amarie!!! Hope you have a great one!!

Actually not a bad day here. It obviously rained over night, but at least we have some sunshine out there today. I finally got my butt onto my treadmill and the scale finally moved in the right direction. So colour me happy there! Other than that no plans other than trying to get some cleaning done.

momof4 I couldn't imagine having to move again so soon. Hopefully you find out soon so you can get settled one way or the other.

hope how did the dentist go? I finally got my cleaning done and now I just have to go back in August to get a filling as a tooth had chipped. I really hate the dentist as well. And I'm so glad you found a nice co-worker as that can make a world of difference for a work day.

Heather good luck on the job hunt!

Raven prayers that your hubby's mri comes back clear. The waiting must be so hard

A huge to leenie, mimzy, sassy, cathy, cin, francie, and everyone else!!

Well I should get going see what I can get done.
Take care everyone,
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 03:09 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

hey gang

I did 2 miles yesterday and 2 miles this morning too. no marathons mom

Then I went to the dentist to fix a tooth first thing this morning. I thought it would be simple but it wasn't and he ended up having to do some surgery. He had to cut the gum away so that he could fix the tooth below the gum and then stitched it back up. I was there for 3 hours. I'm taking pain pills and not chewing until Monday - just liquid and soft foods.

I didn't think to ask if I can exercise. I guess I'll just see how I feel. I really hate messing up my routine

It's raining cats and dogs here. As a matter of fact a lot of our roads were flooded. I was planning on picking up my pain pills and going into work, but my boss told me not to bother, it was gonna be too difficult to find a way in and for me to just go home and take my pain pills. So that's what I'm doing

What's everybody else up to today?

Mimzy

Happy Happy Birthday Amarie!!!! enjoy your 30th!

hugs,
cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 07-16-2008 at 09:16 AM.
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 03:10 PM   #19  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

AMARIE:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

:cheer :

Last edited by hope4me; 07-15-2008 at 03:11 PM.
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 04:02 PM   #20  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Amarie - I didn't know!! Happy Birthday CHICKIE - have a wonderful day
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 04:53 PM   #21  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 196/ticker/140

Default Ankle is still swollen!!

Hey Guys!!

Dammit! My ankle is still swollen! On a positive note, DH is getting reeally good at wrapping it for me! I had great intentions of going to Pilates class this morning to work on my core but it being payday and all I had about a billion things to do (which honestly probably could have waited...) but I did them and then didn't get out the door on time for class.

Ooh Ooh! The news is in!!! MRI is clean baby!!!!
And! It may be only one more round of Chemo after this one for him as well! They still have to do a consult with another Dr... That would be good for him... Last round was not as bad as others but it would sure be nice for him to be free of it all for awhile. I just can't tell you how it feels...I am so relieved... I have believed for awhile that he is doing well but it is just so good to have the proof!

I am sorry Chickies...I was in the middle of this post when I got the call and now I am just feeling a little shaky with relief...I think I need to have my lunch so I will try to get back with you all later...

luv luv Everybody!!!
Ravengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 08:16 PM   #22  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hi all.

Just a quickie. don't wanna bug anybody. Just feelin' really blue. and on top of it feeling like crap. Tomorrow is the funeral and I dread it........of course who ever looks forward to a funeral? I know my g'pa lived a happy and very full life and we all should "rejoice" because he gets to be with g'ma again. But I just feel sad. I can't help it. I've been doing fine and all, then today its just hit me really bad. So I hope I get all this out before tomorrow because I don't wanna be a big bawl baby.

Anyways. Don't wanna bug anybody. Just figured this is a depression thread so its the place to post depressing thoughts.

Adding on cuz even more depressing thoughts have came to mind..........

Have you ever just felt like you are just a complete waste of space? I dunno for some reason that is how I am feeling. Just like a HUGE waste of space. Where it could be used for someone a lot more useful and worthwhile. How depressing is that? I am just hopeless I tell ya!

Anyways, you don't have to feel obligated to respond, just my own depressing thoughts.........

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 07-15-2008 at 08:26 PM.
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 08:34 PM   #23  

awww...sassy i hope you get a good nights rest. You will make it thru and your not a waste of space!! You are a wonderful person!!

Just got back from the park. I shot some hoops between tending to the kids..wanting to swing, wanting their bike, wanting pushed...etc....After a while I got my shot back I was actually hitting them pretty good...but the awful part is that I am sooooo sooo very out of shape I hurt all over just playing a little bit.....I have got to get back in shape this is ridculous!! ok well i really need to work on laundry and fold clothes!! lata
Old 07-15-2008, 09:41 PM   #24  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Hi all,

I had to have my tooth pulled today. It wasn't pleasant but not too bad. I thought I'd be in a lot of pain as the day went on but it isn't hurting like I thought it would. Yay. I've avoided my pain meds so far but may take one before bed.

Sassy, I've felt like a complete waste of space before but it's usually a sign of a big wave of depression coming. You're going through a rough time right now so just know that these thoughts will pass and nobody is thinking these things but you. Take care and sending good positive thoughts your way.

Raven I'm so happy for you and your hubby. I was wondering how you were making it through such a hard thing. Tell your hubby we're pulling and praying for him!!

Not feeling too chatty with the tooth situation so I'll catch y'all tomorrow. Have a good night!
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:34 PM   #25  

i just made an appt with the oral surgeon for my back molar that fell apart and now is seeping pus and stinks really bad...It might have an abcess....but I just want it done and over with but the apt isnt till aug 15th..ugghhh...

My baby turns one tomorrow!!! My last baby turning 1 that is sad I will probably cry when she turns 18.....ughh..ok not thinking of that now!!

All my clothes are folded have about two loads I am working on because i keep getting more soo....

QUESTION...you know how you can lose inches but the scale doesnt move?? Can you gain inches and the scale not move?? I for some reason feel like i have gotten fatter but the scale hasnt changed...TOM should be coming in a few days but could I already be feeling it...Like when I put my undies on they feel tighter on my legs and I cant get my rings off...talk about frustrating and depressing...I am not running miles but I have been watching my food and getting more excercise in than I have in months...and this is what i get...hmm....any input would be WONDERFUL...ok thanks girls!!!

lata
Old 07-16-2008, 08:28 AM   #26  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Hi girls

Buddly - Glad to see the scale is going in the right direction, keep it up

Aw Sassy, I'm sorry you're feeling this way. I think we all feel a little worthless sometimes, but you just gotta plod along. I think many people would argue about how worthwhile you really are!

Mom - I totally relate, I ost 20 lbs which was overall half of the weight i wanted to lose, but non of measurements decreased the whole time! I think I may be a freak of nature

Wow I haven't done much posting lately, I've been just lurking trying to absorb as much help and motivation as I can by just reading threads.

I've been feeling really crappy lately - on another website I came across a picture of a girl who physically attacked me when I was about 13 or 14 because she thought I was trying to steal her boyfriend. It was such a stupid situation at the time but every-time she comes back into my conscious mind it really bugs me how inferior she makes me feel Even though logically I know she was probably insecure and that's why she did it, but to this day it still really hurts. Anyway since coming across the picture of this stunning girl (Or i could say child here) I've been wanting to ram my face with food for days. Thankfully I'm hanging in there but damnit! I wish I could let go..

Last edited by Spoz; 07-16-2008 at 08:30 AM.
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 09:20 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

good morning gang

sassy!

I got this in an email this morning and thought I would share it with all our chickadees Just a really great reminder to drink more water....

"REV YOUR METABOLISM: DRINK WATER
A tall, cold glassful could burn calories

By Selene Yeager , Selene Yeager is a health journalist and author/coauthor of more than two dozen book titles.

(August 2004)--From cabbage soup to South Beach , popular diets agree on one thing: Water helps weight loss. To put this long-standing claim to the test, researchers in Germany measured the resting metabolism of 14 men and women before and after they drank just over 16 ounces of water. Within 10 minutes, metabolism began to rise. After 40 minutes, the volunteers' average calorie-burning rate was 30 percent higher, and it stayed elevated for more than an hour.

Researchers don't understand why, but they calculate that drinking eight 8-ounce glasses of water a day--the generally recommended amount--can burn off almost 35,000 calories a year, or about 10 pounds of weight loss.
How much water you should add to your weight loss diet depends on your current consumption, says researcher Jens Jordan, MD. Consuming a total of 8 to 12 cups daily is safe, he says, and cool water works best because part of the increased calorie burn occurs as the body warms the liquid to body temperature."

hope everybody has a great day!
hugs,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 09:50 AM   #28  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Morning!

Mom - I can't believe you have to wait so long when it's obviously an emergency!! Would you be better going to the hospital, maybe??

And Hope - happy tooth recovery - glad I'm not in either of your shoes, girls! Boo hiss at the dentist!

Buddy - rock on on that treadmill girl - it changed my life, as you well know!

Sassy and Spoz - hang in there, chicks - the days will get brighter soon!

Raven, how's that ankle today?

Cathy - thanks for that article - motivates me to drink my water today!!

Okay, not a whole lot of news here - I ran 3.5 miles yesterday after all, so I'll take a rest day from runnign today (probably) and do some weights, which I ahve been seriously neglecting. One thing at a time, eh?

I did get work through a temp agency - mind numbing data entry, but it's only for a couple of weeks, starting Monday, so that's okay til somethign else comes along.... I am a HUGE believer that you can do ANYTHING for two weeks!

Have a good day, chickies!

Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 10:06 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 175/170/110

Hello all, hope everyone's ok! Just a quick post here because I have a bad hangover... I gave in to temptation yesterday and had a few lagers because it was so hot, which wouldn't normally have been a problem but I'm in the middle of Atkins induction so what with not having drank for ages, the sudden carb intake and forgetting to eat first, I ended up feeling a bit bleh.

Amarie, Can I just say a belated Happy 30th Birthday! Hope you had a great day with excellent celebrations befitting such an event

Sassy, I'm so sorry for your loss. It's only natural that you feel sad, you have to let yourself grieve, with time the sadness will pass. You are not worthless, that bit of space you're taking up was meant for you, no one else.

Spoz, I know it's probably not much comfort to you but that girl was the inferior person, not you. Pity her for her crappy attitude because if she hasn't changed since then she's going nowhere fast.

Commiserations to all of you with the teeth problems, not fun at all. On the plus side, when I had an abscess I lost loads of weight, I could only drink juices for weeks

Hugs to everyone and hope you all have a great day!
mimzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 11:49 AM   #30  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

I wanna say thank you girls. I am all ready to go.........I will be so happy when this is all over. I just totally dread it. Not just because its a funeral, but because its the side of the family that I never see, so you know how that is. or maybe you don't. lol. I was only really close to my grandpa and my 1 Aunt and Uncle. The rest.........well.........

At least I have DH going with me, even though he is beat from working lastnight. He did get a few hrs sleep and I told him I'd drive there and back home.

I even have my hair down. Not sure how long that will last, but I'm gonna try it cuz I know it looks better. But I have my brush and a ponytail holder just in case! lol.

And I have came to another realization: Another reason why I hate being fat: How depressing it is how I look in "dress" clothes. I only have long-sleeved dress shirts cuz I absolutely hate my arms. I am hot already. lol. But at least it is a thin long sleeve.....

Well I'll give you details once we get home. Wish me luck ladies. :cross:

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote