Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 03-24-2008, 07:36 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Wink Chick Chat ~ March 24th - 30th

Good Morning,

It looks like a beautiful day, sky is light blue and just so pretty.

I am home today....took a personal day, DD's still had her fever last night, I'm hoping it will go away today. I'm feeling MUCHO better finally... rest is really what I needed. I did go to the doctor on Friday b/c it was really scaring me LOL. So while DD is resting today I'll clean lol and get the house in shape for our Easter next weekend.

Heather

Hope everyone is doing well

Whats going on this week?

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 09:16 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 235/228/199

Height: 5'3

Leenie, I hope your DD gets better soon!

It's a beautiful day here, too. The sky is blue and clear and the sun is out. It would be a nice spring day if the temperature weren't -13 F! My classroom is still as hot as ever, though, so the key today is layers!
emmyroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 12:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 177/170.5/125

Height: 5'2"

Hi, I'm new to this thread and suffer from all kinds of depression, made worse by chronic pain. I mostly lurk but decided it is time to jump in and find some support. I've lost 5.5 pounds and 1 inch in the waist in 2 weeks so that makes me happy.

It must be beautiful every where cuz it sure is nice here in southern Washington state. Enjoy!
stampinlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 01:51 PM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hi Stampinlady and I'm glad you decided to join us. Congratulations on the WL and Inches

Emmy thanks. -13 thats to cold for me.... just the thought gives my goose bumps, goose bumps

Old 03-24-2008, 02:55 PM   #5  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Morning chickies!

stampinlady! Nice to meet you Congrats on your loss so far!!! I look forward to getting to know you.

Emmy - goodness! -13 F IS cold, and I grew up in Montana, so I know cold. Stay bundled up chicky (well, when not in class that is). Good luck with your monsters, er, I mean pupils. I remember what devils kids can be in the beginning of spring. I forgot - are you at a coed or all-girls school?

Leenie - Happy Monday! Glad you are feeling better. Tomorrow will be cleaning day for me, I think... So if you have extra time, feel free to come on over!

Sassy - Yeah I noticed more emotions, too, when I stopped using food to suffocate them into submission. Its good for you, though, Honest. Well, at least better than taking your frustration out on lemon pound cake, anyway. I hope this week is cheerier for ya!

Heather - Happy thoughts and wishes are heading right back at ya chicky! Be strong and be well.

Hope - WTG! 2 miles!!! I'm so impressed!

Well, I've fallen off the exercise wagon. I've been doing couch to 5K and really enjoying it, but then my ipod crashed, and I was WAY too willing to let that be all the excuse I needed not to stay on track. So, I'm gonna get it replaced today and get back out there!

This is my big week off... so far so good. I'll probably slack off on the posts this week because my home 'puter sucks. But, even when I'm not posting, I'll be sending happy thoughts and your way.

Francie, Beauty, KK, Cathy, Buddly, and everyone else - have a great week!
Amarie2pt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 04:11 PM   #6  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Hi everybody,

Well, I have an interview on Thursday! Yay! And luckily, the lady seems a little desperate to fill the position. I don't know a lot about the job, but it really doesn't matter at this point. It's better than nothing.
I had told my friend that if the job description is 'shoveling shi*', I'll take it.

The thing that kind of scares me is that Thursday TOM will be here in full force and sometimes it makes me zone out and not be able to think or form sentences very well. Not a good day for that to happen when you need to be able to come up with as much bull as possible. My plan is to try to eat healthy, which I haven't been doing, and workout daily for stress relief, and lots of advil. Any other suggestions to fight off the TOM blues would be welcome.

I spent the day getting waxed, cut, trimmed, and polished in preparation. Now I need to follow through on the exercise part. OK, enough of that.

Stampinlady:

Leenie: Good to see up and at 'em again. It's cloudy here today.

Amarie: Hope you have a fun week off. Just restin' or do you have any plans?

Sassy: It's so much easier to eat than feel anything. I hope I can get back on track since I've been so slack.

Good to see you Emmy!

Heather: Chin up girl! Sending u goodvibes!

everybody BBL
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 05:30 PM   #7  
On Day at a Time

S/C/G: 293/293/165

Height: 6'

Hi all! I too am new to the board. I've suffered with depression ever since I was young, have one suicide attempt under my belt and decided to lose weight so I'd feel better about myself (very low self esteem)! I've been on WW for one week with my 1st weigh in of 12.2 pounds gone! I know it's just water weight, but what a start!

Can't wait to get to know the rest of you better.

Take care and have a great week!
sarahdafiregal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 06:00 PM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Sara! where have you been girl ? its great to have you here with us. 12 lbs wowwweeeee thats an awesome start, congratulations.

Marie enjoy your week off and shoot girl, if I had the time I would pop by and help you clean. Tomorrow its back to work for me so you know you'll see less of me until the weekend Good for you for getting back on track with your exercise. Why is it that its hard to get back into exercise but its so easy to get away from it...not fair.

Hope you go get em and good luck on the interview. I wish I could tell you things to help when TOM comes but I myself am going through my "changes" and TOM just throws all sorts of things at me lately, I never know from one month to the next whats gonna happen...sorry. I think your plan of healthy eating and exercise will help. Don't worry your gonna do just fine.

Well girlies, I gotta get dressed and get to the grocery store for some benedryl for my DD.

Have a great week...hopefully I can sneak in here and chat.

Leenie

Old 03-24-2008, 11:26 PM   #9  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Cool Hi Chicks.

Hi Chicks,

You all aren't gonna beleive it. I had to move AGAIN! It started out a very crummy evening already........First, DH was snoring so he woke me up 2 hours before I had to get up. Second, they closed our road down from our apt. so we had to take the long way around, Third, I dropped ketchup all over myself + the floor and then Fourth, I had to move......I think I should have just stayed at home! lol......

So looks like I am staying upstairs, where we originally were until they fix the problem. So 1/2 the dept is downstairs and 1/2 is upstairs. lovely........lol. So I just brought my tower and chair and I'm using this chicks cubicle that is on maturnity leave so I didn't have to haul anything else up here. So I am up here all by myself.........lol. Kinda peaceful without the guys yacking away. lol.

Anywho. I do have to say my new top does look good on me, if I do say so myself. and you all know I NEVER say that! lol. Its cute and its true what they say about larger people, if they/me, wear larger clothes it makes you look even bigger than if you have something that actually fits. But it is different because usually I am swimming in my clothes. So this is new for me. I feel self concious about my arms, the sleeves on this top are a bit shorter than regular shirts.......So I keep pulling my sleeves down only there is nothing to pull down. lol........

Well driving in to work tonight it was snowing! Can u beleive it? Snowing and it was like 44 degrees outside! I think mother nature is having a nervous breakdown or something! lol.

AMarie & Hope -- Yeah it is easier to eat then to feel. I admit though, I emotionally ate lastnight, I just could not deal with the emotions lastnight. Hope -- Goodluck on the interview!!

Welcome Sarah!

Hello to everybody out there!!!

I hope you all are well.

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 12:28 AM   #10  
Starting Again

Me again,

Hey Shop: Way to go on the exercise! Did you walk outside or inside? I think there are DVD's for the exercise ball. I think one came with mine when I bought it, whenever that was. I have no idea where it is though.

Sassy: You should be lost by now with all the moving! I overate last night too, not sure why though. I just couldn't get enough.

Hi Sara and welcome. I do WW too. 12 lbs. Wow.

Today I did a mile with WATP and did a half hour Jillian Michael's workout. I may be sore tomorrow.

Last edited by hope4me; 03-25-2008 at 12:29 AM.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:39 AM   #11  
On Day at a Time

S/C/G: 293/293/165

Height: 6'

Hi everyone! Thanks for the welcome.

Sounds like everyone's doing good. I'd love to be working by myself!! One gal I work with finds it more important to be on the phone and I'm right outside her office so I hear everything she says. Thank goodness for my ipod! Crank that baby up and drowns out everything.

It snowed here too overnight. Not too much, but enough to say ENOUGH ALREADY!!!

Ended up getting sick again last night...second night in a row...so no exercise for me. Hope I'm feeling OK when I get home, then I'll be hopping on the treadmill to make up for lost time.

Have a great day everyone..
sarahdafiregal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 03:50 PM   #12  
Starting Again

Hi ladies,

Can't stay long. I have pool tonight and I want to get a workout in before I have to leave. (I'd better hurry.)

Hope you all have a great day.

Sarah: Hope you feel better tonight.

BBL
Old 03-26-2008, 01:35 AM   #13  
Starting Again

Uhmm....HELLO, HELLo, HEllo, Hello, hello...

I'm now talking to myself. Where is everybody?
Old 03-26-2008, 07:20 AM   #14  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning

Hope... hello helloo hellooo how'dya do at pool. You must be pretty darn good eh. Sore indeed !! how ya feeling today?

Sara there is just so much sickness going around, I had a wicked stomach virus for over a week, now I'm home with DD b/c she's had a fever and cough for a few days Stay well and take care of yourself.....I sware rest is the only thing that helps...so rest up or it'll come back.

Sassy I think Mother Nature is having a break down too why should she be exempt from the rest of us LOL. Glad you like your new clothes

Well, DD is still sick, so I'm home again today.... guess I'll find something to clean

Did anyone see that house on Oprah yesterday, the one that had clutter from the ceiling to the floor..... OMG poor woman !!! it did make me feel better about my clutter though lolol.

Heather

Cathy... have fun with the kids.

TTYL
Old 03-26-2008, 10:47 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 193/188/120

Height: 5'2"

Good morning, all!

I'm a newbie (to the depression/wt. loss board anyway) and came back to 3FC's again because my weight is not only making it hard to get into any clothing, but now blood pressure and cholesterol problems are out of control.

Funny how when it affects your health, it's a little more of a pressing concern than a fat derrierre, eh?

I especially got a kick out of the book displyed on the home page 'Does this Clutter make my Butt look Fat?' My kids left for college (last kid to leave) about 3 years ago, and I just haven't been able to get off my fat butt to declutter and organize this house of 18 years of living.

So recently I had been digging in with both feet and hands (and muscles and sweat) and doing so. I am so proud of my accomplishments thus far (and donations of stuff) and AMAZED at how much work this is! But GOOD work--lots of exercise!! With two boys and all of their friends (and footballs and hockey equipment and bookbags) floating around here, somewhere along the way I had given up on clean and settled for 'surface clean.' I was always a neat nik in my younger days.

Anywho---so good to meet you all and I know I'll get a lot out of this board--hope I can give some back.
chervata is offline   Reply With Quote