Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 03-27-2008, 10:55 AM   #31  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Girlies,

Can't talk.... is here. Took DD to the doc yesterday, she has bronchitis... nice eh. Anyway...

Heather I'm here if ya need to talk.

GoneRiding

TTYL

Will do personals soon...
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 01:18 PM   #32  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

I feel so sick today. Whenever I'm sick or hurt, I always think of my mom. Cuz who is the one that can make you feel better?? Mama!! Even when I moved out, I still called up my mom when I was sick. Heck, she even called up her own mom when she was sick. I miss my mom so much right now. I'm listening to all the songs that make me think of my mom right now. I want my mom so much it hurts. I havent talked to her in 2 years. I have her voice on my old answering machine, but its hard to listen to it.

I'm listening to "My Way" by Frank Sinatra right now. It fit so perfectly with how my mom was. Oh God..this is just a bad day. Why did I even wake up? I want Fonzo home!!!!
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 01:44 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

so i haven't posted on this thread before but here I am - also holy crap shopaholic, my bday is april 29 and i am turning 23 as well - talk about a small world!!

i've been treated for depression. i take lexapro and it works great most of the time. except... a couple of days a month. I get my period and I curl up and do NOTHING. don't leave the house. don't answer/return phone calls. just feel miserable - eat and sleep. i've talked to my dr. about this but he clearly doesn't "get it". i'm in the midst of this TOM right now - hence the need to post or SOMETHING.
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 02:46 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 193/188/120

Height: 5'2"

HI,all, again! Thanks for the welcome, and congrats emmyloo on losing 10#.

Took a nice walk yesterday, cause it was beautiful out, but today, it's freezing rain and trying to decide what to do. So tired of that ole' treadmill after a long winter, but I guess it'll have to do. Or maybe it's a good weight lifting day. Have been trying to get back into that.

We're supposed to go out to the hospital today and see FIL. He has recently been put in a nursing home, and has had numerous pneumonias and other infections. I don't think he's going to be with us much longer, and DS#1 is visiting from where he lives in WA, and wants to see gramps.
chervata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 02:56 PM   #35  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Good afternoon ladies,

Yay, the interview is over. It went well and wasn't that bad. She has already interviewed 2 people and has 2 more after me. I should know something in about a week. I think it will help that my friend recommended me and actually trained the woman doing the hiring.

About TBL challenge. Anybody with any goal can sign up under TBL challenge forum before April 19. Since I did the last challenge I can pick the team I'm on and all the new folks will be divided up among the Red, Black, or Blue teams. You'll be asked around start-up time to give a starting weight. Each week in the challenge you will weigh in on whatever day you like if you already have a set day you weigh on. They also want you to participate in the weekly chats, at least one post a week, for team support. There are no vote offs and you get a couple of freebie weeks you can take for whatever reason (vacation, cant get to a computer, or a gain if you wish). Summer can be hectic so there may be more than 2 freebies (it's not yet decided). Each week one team will be the 'biggest losers' and the biggest losers on each individual team will be recognized. At the end there will be an indiv. biggest loser and a team that had the most % lost will be announced.

You can still do whatever eating and exercise plan you want. No Jillian Michaels drill sergeant will show up at your door.

Our team had little challenges along the way like an 'easter egg hunt' where you get an egg for every minute you exercise and a 'healthy eating challenge' where you got points for fruit and veggies etc. , things like that which can kind of keep you on track. We are doing a beach challenge now where we have to travel 500 miles (or do 500 minutes of exercise) to the beach and we get to pick the cabana boy of our choice. I picked Alex O'loughlin from CBS's Moonlight.

Negatives if you are interested: They kept wanting us to chat in the team threads, but there were so many people in the beginning it was hard to even read it all. The teams eventually thinned out as people dropped out in time.
Also, there was a little drama along the way to deal with. Basically grown women being immature, which I thought was crazy. But it all worked out and like I said, helped me start losing weight again.

This is long, but if you have any other questions let me know.

GoneRiding and Irish!

Emmy: good luck to you too!

Heather: more

Amarie: you aren't supposed to do anything on vacation!

Hi to everybody!!
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 04:36 PM   #36  
I was born this way hey!

Iris~Holy wow!! Your bday is April 29th too!!!! And you're gonna be 23!!!!!!!! That is so freakin awesome!! I've never met anyone who had the same bday as me!!! Plus, your name is Iris, right? That is our #1 baby name, lol!! Too cool!!

Hope~It all sounds so cool!! I cannot wait to start!! But I do know I'm going to San Diego this summer, so I guess I can use the freebie right? Unless the hotel has a comp, and a gym, lol. Which actually come to think of it..I think they might..because I could use the gym on base over there. Anyhoo, I'm thinking ahead..lol.

I'm starting to feel better. My pain went away after I took advil. I even got my exercise ball dvd today too..so I'm gonna try that out later today. Anyways..I'm gonna go now. BBL!!
Old 03-27-2008, 09:39 PM   #37  

Height: 5' 5"

I just started a FitDay Journal (so great.) and added up my calories for the day. I ate moderately well today and had 1430 calories! I can't imagine what my calories are when fast food and binge eating are involved.

ugh.
jerzygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 11:31 AM   #38  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi

I'll catch up with everyone tomorrow... miss yah

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 11:55 AM   #39  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Hi all!

Jersey - I know what you mean! I think about what I used to do to myself when I binged on fastfood, and I makes me want to cry. We can undo the damage, though. My most recent "binge" night involved frozen pizza and tv dinners from a health food store. Even after eating myself sick I only took in 2000 cals that day! So, by modifying our inputs, we can make things better.

Leenie - busy again, huh? Miss you, too.

Francie - I'm glad the advil helped! Advil rocks as far as I'm concerned.

Hope - thanks for all the dish on TBL challenge. Your progress is amazing! WTG! I'll think about the challenge, although I've been trying to dial back my scale obsession, so I'm not sure...

Anyway, another day, another airport! Yay layovers!

Have a great day everyone!
Amarie2pt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 02:12 PM   #40  
Starting Again

Hi all,

Well, still eating WAY too much. I am going to try to workout today though. I'm still having cravings and with TOM here and the job interview stress, it has gotten the better of me. DF just went on a ride and I need to try and clean and workout while he is gone.

Where are you headed this time Amarie, I can't remember if you said before?

Jerzy: I've never used fitday, but always thought I should do one of those sites.

Hi Leenie! See more of you this weekend hopefully.

Shop: Yes, you can use the freebie whenever you need it.

Chervata: Enjoy the visit with DS. Saying a prayer for your FIL!
Old 03-28-2008, 03:47 PM   #41  
I was born this way hey!

Just stopping by to say a quick Hi to everyone. Its really cold here right now, so I'm going to go warm up in the bedroom. Hope everyone is having a good day!! BBL
Old 03-28-2008, 05:19 PM   #42  
Starting Again

Sounds naughty!!
Old 03-28-2008, 05:56 PM   #43  
I was born this way hey!

Were you talking to me?? LOL!!! If you were, then my bad. I just ment that bedroom is the warmest room in the house right now. The heater is on in there. Dh isnt even here, lol.
Old 03-28-2008, 06:05 PM   #44  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Hahaha Hope! I was thinking the same thing!

I am in Orlando today. I know, I know most people would much rather be here than in the snow, but I am in hermit-crab phase of my little cancerian self right now, and I wanna go home!!!!!

Cheryl - big for you and your FIL. I hope DS's visit goes well.

Well, here's to airport hotels y'all!
Amarie2pt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 06:09 PM   #45  
I was born this way hey!

I will gladly trade places with you Amarie. Its freezing over here. I'd give anything to be anyplace warm (preferably Arizona. I miss the dry heat!!!). I like airport hotels..Heck, I love any hotel, lol.